Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vegetarian sim sad from eating eggs and toast?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    At least they seemed to have gotten rid of the annoying pop-up messages from the cult of vegan. Vegetarians are not as annoying in my households now, except for the bad mood when I have them eat a platter of hamburgers.
  • Options
    freyalucyxxxxfreyalucyxxxx Posts: 1 New Member
    maybe the sims team thought that the vegetarian trait was vegan so they can't eat that kind of food?
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited January 2018
    Eggs & toast hasn't always caused a problem; only recently have vegetarian sims become sick from it. I'm guessing it's a glitch caused by something in one of the recent patches (or the C&D addition).
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • Options
    collegemommaof3collegemommaof3 Posts: 131 Member
    Mine is currently suffering from the same at the moment :(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    Art wrote: »
    A vegetarian do not eat eggs.

Some do, some don't. The point is, they can in TS4 and it shouldn't bother them. I'd say it's a bug or glitch. As for those of you who don't eat eggs, you can always pretend it's a vegan-friendly egg substitute.

Substitute eggs just don't include the yoke. For those of us who Fast for spiritual reasons, this can be a problem. My hubby brought it to the attention of another parishioner who was using them, since eggs are on the do not eat during this time period list, and the look on her face. She was incredulous.

What gets me is how many vegan-safe menu items they have in this game. But, it does sound like a glitch.

While being vegan absolutely is being a vegetarian , being vegetarian doesn't mean being vegan.

fQL6Dcx.jpg

Amen to that. Emphasis mine.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    > @freyalucyxxxx said:
    > maybe the sims team thought that the vegetarian trait was vegan so they can't eat that kind of food?
    >
    >

Except that the foods in question are specifically labeled "vegetarian-safe."
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    > @starrling33 said:
    > It's very simple: Vegetarians don't eat anything with a face.

Pheobe Buffay is not in The Sims.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I have this bug too! I consider it a bug because it says "Vegetarian Safe".. It only happens when my sim is eating eggs and toast :|
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018

But we do - Vegans don't. Been a vegetarian my whole life from a long line of vegetarians and we eat unfertilized eggs, egg whites, certain cheese, and certain milk. Some of us even eat fish but no meat or fowl.

But Vegan family members do not eat any milk products or eggs of any kind, no fish products, no meat products and no fowl products.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I have this bug too! I consider it a bug because it says "Vegetarian Safe".. It only happens when my sim is eating eggs and toast :|

Yes, that’s why I think it’s a bug too
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I saw similar issues with that trait in Sims 3 also - it seemed to come and go,

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

But we do - Vegans don't. Been a vegetarian my whole life from a long line of vegetarians and we eat unfertilized eggs, egg whites, certain cheese, and certain milk. Some of us even eat fish but no meat or fowl.

But Vegan family members do not eat any milk products or eggs of any kind, no fish products, no meat products and no fowl products.

Hindu vegetarians do not eat eggs. Western vegetarians do. This is a cultural misunderstanding.
  • Options
    EmontheinternetEmontheinternet Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Art said:
    > A vegetarian do not eat eggs.

In the game they do. The sims has food labeled "vegetarian safe".
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I wondered why my vegetarian sim got all sad eating ‘vegetarian safe’ eggs and toast.
  • Options
    0rnge0rnge Posts: 20 Member
    I hate this too and it is a bug whether or not you believe vegetarians eat eggs or not because the food option is labled in game as veggie safe.

For my veggie sims though I usually just send them to the spice market to the indian food stall to learn all those foods lol