Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My suggestions to improve CATS and DOGS.

1.When sims go to work and return home, for the first several times, new dogs should get excited and greet owners in a big way.
2. It should be possible to walk at least two dogs at a time. Walking just one when you have two seems weird.
3. Multi-tasking should be applied while a dog is leashed. I should be able to praise my dog while walking, for example.
4. This is a very minor thing, but, dogs and cats should have water bowls as well as foods ones. Animals need water in real life and them not having it in game makes me feel like I'm not properly caring for my animals.

Comments

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I think those are some good suggestions! I'd like to see fake grass patches you can buy for apartments (to put out on the patio or whatever) for indoor dogs to use. Also a dog walker as a hire-able service and grooming of some sort. I love my sim dogs but they always need baths at the same exact time. Even worse if they got sprayed by a skunk.
    6riwm5.png
  • GroupieFliesGroupieFlies Posts: 78 Member
    I agree with all of these, especially number two. I was contemplating adopting a second dog, but I was curious as to whether you could walk both at the same time, hence finding this post.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Yes to all of the above!!!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    5. Puppies and kittens should be able to climb small stairs just like toddlers can. It gets annoying picking them up and putting them outside all the time. Especially when you have multiple puppies/kittens
    6. More pet beds.
    7. I don't know if this is in the game and I haven't been paying attention but are there toy bones? Like at all? When I think of a toy for a dog, the first thing I think of is a toy bone.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I have never known a kitten who couldn't climb stairs (and curtains for that matter).
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    All the things OP listed just make me think this pack is sooo terribly unpolished and must have had a very short development time... Why implement multitasking in game at all if future interactions won't always support it? Or at least support it when it makes the most sense? Why can't my sims have a conversation while walking dogs together? When I make both sims walk the dogs at the same time, that is, because we can't even walk dogs in groups!

Dog walking and jogging with dogs should be group activities we should be able to center a GT club around.
    Dog owners should be able to socialize with their dogs AND each other during a walk.
    Can't wrap my mind around the fact that in a game that's so obviously focused on sims socializing we can't even do that.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Dogs:
    - Let dogs sleep on Sim beds. The fact this isn’t already possible just shows their priorities for this pack.
    - Stop untrained dogs from whining at the door. Not only is this entirely backwards, it’s also super annoying. I wish my dog didn’t require house training because whining at the door is something a trained dog does.
    - More interactions. There’s a whopping, like, 7 interactions between Sim and pet. There’s fewer ‘tricks’ than there was before, there’s barely a training interface. You get the option to scold them, but there’s no encouraging of individual bad behaviors?
    - Chewing?? Dogs are the most anti-destructive thing in this game. In real life dogs are natural chewers, and will chew on anything if you don’t train them. How can this simply be overlooked?
    - Objects: The amount of pet objects in the entire pack is ridiculous. Doesn’t help that the catalog is padded with a bunch of toy reskins, a bunch of reskinned cat jungles, and a bunch of training equipment that’s huge and pointless.

Cats were honestly prioritized over dogs, but still didn’t end up getting that much either. Cats are a lot more functional than dogs. They can hop on lots of things, which is cute to look at a few times but not gameplay. Of course that’s the kind of shallow stuff Maxis likes selling to people, which is why they created like 8 different crates that are huge, and only there for cats to jump on. Umm, but dogs can’t even jump on a Sim bed..?

I don’t think the painter was really a necessity. I get they have to sell the same pack that’s obviously including less than before, but there is so much more to a Pets pack than create a pet. All in all the pack just does not feel like a complete idea. The pets themselves aren’t that different than they were previously, more expressive maybe, but functionally they can do less. There are fewer interactions, and fewer gameplay objects for them. It’s hard to believe they spent years making this pack. What were they doing during that time? Vacationing to the east coast to get inspiration for the new world?
  • Room1368Room1368 Posts: 2 New Member
    I agree 100%!!!! And I want to sleep with my dog on my bed!!!!!!!!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    One idea I have... Add horses :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • silkydreamgirl10silkydreamgirl10 Posts: 61 Member
    they would have to fix all the bugs first
  • KitteezKitteez Posts: 2 New Member
    Maid Service needs to stop throwing away the pet food dishes.
  • doloresghazedoloresghaze Posts: 11 New Member
    i liked bb, but the thing with the stray pets is really annoying, i mean, i cant help or adopt them! It's very hard to find them again so I can keep the relationship going...
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited December 2017
    I agree with all of these, especially number two. I was contemplating adopting a second dog, but I was curious as to whether you could walk both at the same time, hence finding this post.

I too have two dogs and needed a dog walker also, so I just got a New husband to walk my other dog, ;) it works out great while I am at work he can care for pups.

It works out because I can switch from him as control sim back to me as controlled sim. he even had to take one to the vet.

When we do go out walking our dogs, most of the times we are near and around each other and taking the breaks in the same area. so we could unleash them and chat. but mostly we just play fetch with the dogs.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor