Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Successful breeding of Pets?

Comments

• PaulaJediPaulaJedi Posts: 36 Member
    My cat had a kitten once. Never again. I keep trying and trying. Also, certain interactions no longer show up ---- become companion is one of them. It did work before. They can't do the Cat aspiration anymore because of this.
  • PaulaJediPaulaJedi Posts: 36 Member
    And I keep using NuzzleNip --- she does look like she tries to mate but never gets pregnant anymore
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    KJB wrote: »
    I tried getting my cat to mate with different strays on the lot. I think Ive tried 4 different cats, a few times each. Still nothing. I wanted to adopt another cat to make it happen, but they're all neutered.

@kjb - you can go to the vet and have them un-neutered, so they will be fine again :) You can also adopt strays at no cost.
  • mmaeconmmaecon Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if this helps, but I had issues getting my animals to breed with one another after merging two households, as well as when I tried making them breed with strays. I downloaded the controllable pets mod just to see if there was anything I could do from the animal's pov. With both situations the animals I was trying to breed together didn't know each other. I did the "introduction" interaction with the mod and suddenly they weren't rejecting when I would encourage them to breed. I had tried the "be nice to" interaction, thinking a lack of a relationship was the problem, but they apparently still didn't know each other despite living with each other.

TLDR; If your pets are ignoring your encouragements to breed, download the playable pets mod and introduce them to each other.
  • LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Just a guess, but I think the 'be nice to' interaction is really not working, so there's no way (except the mod described above) to work on dogs' relationships except hanging out with them a lot and hoping for best. It's also clear that the dogs need some level of acquaintance, maybe even friendship, before mating, so that's a deadlock in many situations.

If you have your heart set on breeding, I'd recommend creating the intended breeding couple together with their owner, maybe even as puppies and let them grow up together to maximize their friendship.
  • gorsefeathergorsefeather Posts: 1 New Member
    I also can't seem to get my two German shepherds to have any pups, its very annoying. I ask them to mate daily but it never happens! Is there any way to increase the chance of them getting pregnant?
  • JodieRivetJodieRivet Posts: 4 New Member
    One time mating, boy and girl pup.
  • Laice25Laice25 Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried to breed my dogs more than 20 times and could not get puppies. I finally shift clicked both dogs and hit reset. The first time after that my dog is expecting.
  • fagana1fagana1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having an issue with my dogs having puppies. I can get them to mate fine, and receive the notifications fine, but once I get the notification of my dog going into labor, nothing happens. She just walks around panting all of the time, never sleeps, and is always uncomfortable. I waited a week (sims time) for puppies to arrive after going into labor, and still nothing. When I tried to breed her again, the option is grayed out saying she is already pregnant. In my saved game icon, she is all crazy looking. I have tried this with dogs I create in CAS, and stray dogs I adopt in game - same thing happens. I have no mods or cc. I thought bugs were fixed in the last patch in December, but it seems my game has become worse since. PLEASE ADVISE!
  • SammyTheWolfSammyTheWolf Posts: 1 New Member
    I know your pain. I had my foxes mate about 15 times and they had one pup, I tried again and in two tries my female fox got pregnant! Then my game crashed.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Ha, my family got 2 cats that I wanted to breed. I noticed there were floating hearts occasionally, and my sims befriended them because I thought it might be required to have a good relation to being able to tell them to breed. That option never appeared, though. Then there was a cat fight, and the female cat ran away for a few days. I thought it would be extremely hard to have kittens, especially without giving the cats the best traits for breeding.

Then female cat returned, cats did not share floating hearts, and I thought I would need to build their relation again. Without controlling them, it's pretty hard to affect the animals. No matter what I did, they hardly paid interest in each other, and it did not help that my sims kept petting and talking to raise relations. No "Breed" option.

Then, suddenly one day, I was focusing on the male cat somewhere in the house, there was a popup saying that the female cat was giving birth!!! I found her outside the house, and the cat was a tuxedo cat, she had obviously bred with the Mayor stray cat without my knowledge! Argh, all that hard work for no good...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • bertieandbaileybertieandbailey Posts: 6 New Member
    > @ChambersN said:
    > Took about 10 times to mate ..and then I had two male pups:)

That's a long time!
  • judeareennjudeareenn Posts: 41 Member
    I had both my cats mate, it took 3 tries and then i gave up and later on a kitten was born.
  • kayfay8kayfay8 Posts: 133 Member
    I've come to the conclusion that you just have to move the pet into the household. First try and I got the hearts around their heads rather than their face in a bubble crossed out. Tad annoying because I feel bad kicking the cat out after :(
    > @SoulGal7 said:
    > KJB wrote: »
    >
    > I tried getting my cat to mate with different strays on the lot. I think Ive tried 4 different cats, a few times each. Still nothing. I wanted to adopt another cat to make it happen, but they're all neutered.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @kjb - you can go to the vet and have them un-neutered, so they will be fine again :) You can also adopt strays at no cost.

How do you know when your animal is pregnant? And how long does it take for the kittens/puppies to be born? And what is the maximum kittens/puppies cat/dogs can have at one time?
    > @kayfay8 said:
    > I've come to the conclusion that you just have to move the pet into the household. First try and I got the hearts around their heads rather than their face in a bubble crossed out. Tad annoying because I feel bad kicking the cat out after :(

I will try that then!
    > @judeareenn said:
    > I had both my cats mate, it took 3 tries and then i gave up and later on a kitten was born.

How much later? And didn't you get a notification saying she was pregnant?
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I have three households in three different games who have pets. The one the two female cats would just go off and come back pregnant and have litters without me doing anything. This happened 3 times on me. The other I finally got the dog to breed, but it didn't happen until she had a high relationship with the other dog. In the third household, the female cat went off and came back and had a kitten--again, without me doing anything.
  • peterquilllpeterquilll Posts: 2 New Member
    Amazingly it only took one attempt to get my cat pregnant. Looking forward to those kittens :)
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I think I’ll be using manage households to move in Don Lothario’s dog temporarily. I cannot my dog to get on with any other dog, and she’s ridiculously friendly to human sims :rage:
  • vviglessvvigless Posts: 1 New Member
    in my game i encouraged them breeding about 3 times and when i tried for the 4th it says wait a day to see if it was successful and a day later she was pregnant ;)
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    edited January 2018
    For me, I've had 3 cats that will throw up when they're pregnant, the others I never knew until I got the announcement that the cat was in labour. Generally a pregnancy takes about a sim day and a half. I've had 3 kittens born at once.

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    ChambersN wrote: »
    Took about 10 times to mate ..and then I had two male pups:)

Wow 10 times?! Hopefully it doesn't take me that long. Now my female raccoon Asparagus ran away! So the wait is prolonged yet again! GRR Haha

Wow, I'm impressed. I've yet to even see a raccoon in the game, let alone make pets of them. :open_mouth: Be carefully, in RL they're not the friendliest of animals.

They're better if you neuter them lmao its the hormones that make them crazy AF when they hit mating age. Pet raccoon videos are my guilty pleasure lmao theres one where he washes his owners cell phone in a bowl of water along with the food he was given to wash hahaha they like washing things
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • MooMooCowwyMooMooCowwy Posts: 3 New Member
    Mine worked first time with my two dogs. One was a mixed breed the other a havenese.
  • BevySBevyS Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having a a lot of problems with my dogs breeding I’m good friends with my dog who’s a female and good friends with other dogs and have them come on my property and does not come up for them to mate, been a week tried other dogs still nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top