Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Successful breeding of Pets?

Comments

• Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Wow alright, within the hour my cat was notified that she is pregnant! Took only one try, but it took easily 50+ attempts to get a cat pregnant.....
    29bod8w.jpg
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited November 2017
    Anyone know approximately how long the pregnancy phase lasts before they deliver? I adopted a stray and when I tried to get her to mate with another cat, it said she couldn't because fixed pets can't mate. I thought it was odd that a stray would be fixed....so I went into CAS and her aging options are greyed out and say you can't edit pregnant sims. Also, she keeps throwing up around the house and when I took her to the vet, it says there that she's not sick. So I'm guessing maybe she got pregnant before I adopted her? Not sure how long the pregnant phase lasts though.

EDIT: Never mind, she just went into labor about 2 days after I adopted her....looks like I got lucky and didn't even need to breed her, haha.
  • Options
    simsaholic77simsaholic77 Posts: 307 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I don't know how to get my pets to breed. I've tried with two different families. I asked the pets to mate at least 40-50 times each and even if they did mate, it never resulted in a pregnancy.

If they don't mate it's because there relationship isn't high enough or the don't like one another.

They mate, it just never results in a pregnancy.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I'm having an issue with my two cats and two dogs where no matter how many times I say "be nice to" or "encourage to breed" they just hiss/growl at each other? Not sure what to do. :(
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    BanditizedBanditized Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm trying to breed my two dogs. The female is in heat, she's howling with hearts all the time. I encourage the male to mate with her but when they get face to face they growl and in their thought bubbles they have the other dog's face crossed out. But then the female walks away and keeps howling and blowing hearts. They keep doing the growling thing over and over and over again, I don't know what to do
  • Options
    MiketaMarieMiketaMarie Posts: 1 New Member
    I am also having major issues with breeding. I am trying to breed 2 dogs, both who live in the same household, different genders. When I try to get them to breed, they both get very angry and growl at each other (they both have hearts coming out of their mouths prior to the attempt to breed). When I ask them to be nice/friendly to each other, nothing happens. I am so frustrated! Does anybody know anything that can help?
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My cat got pregnant on the first try when my Sim encouraged her to mate. For those having trouble, perhaps try using the lot trait for breeding. I haven't tried it, but it may help.

I didn't know what those hearts meant around my dog at first. I took her on a walk & took her off her leash & she took off. By the time I called her back & was trying to encourage her to mate with another dog...the option was grayed out, as she had already woohoo'd with some dog on her own. Just waiting to see if she's pregnant.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Banditized wrote: »
    I'm trying to breed my two dogs. The female is in heat, she's howling with hearts all the time. I encourage the male to mate with her but when they get face to face they growl and in their thought bubbles they have the other dog's face crossed out. But then the female walks away and keeps howling and blowing hearts. They keep doing the growling thing over and over and over again, I don't know what to do

This sounds like they dislike each other to be honest. There must be requirements of certain relationships for them to breed. What traits do they each have?
  • Options
    winosjoywinosjoy Posts: 1 New Member
    I've gotten my dogs (Border Collies) to successfully breed a couple times but the puppies never show up. Any one have any idea Why?

The female goes into labor and I've named them but I never see them. The only time my game acknowledges them is if I try to sell them.
  • Options
    Urbiezira1995Urbiezira1995 Posts: 4 New Member
    My dog cannot be nice to anyone, not other dogs or other sims. My dog never interacts with any other dog, and when I encourage her to breed, there's always the growling. It's pretty game-breaking, since I cannot get her pregnant for the life of me...
  • Options
    erikfoldingerikfolding Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Urbiezira1995 said:
    > My dog cannot be nice to anyone, not other dogs or other sims. My dog never interacts with any other dog, and when I encourage her to breed, there's always the growling. It's pretty game-breaking, since I cannot get her pregnant for the life of me...

i have the same problem. im thinking maybe one of my dog is little and the other one is big?
    they dont like each other at all.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    My dog cannot be nice to anyone, not other dogs or other sims. My dog never interacts with any other dog, and when I encourage her to breed, there's always the growling. It's pretty game-breaking, since I cannot get her pregnant for the life of me...

If your sim becomes better friends with the dog you can tell the to be nice to other animals and sims.
  • Options
    TheGamingFairyTheGamingFairy Posts: 6 New Member
    The problem with me is I have a fat chow chow, so her head takes up the entire signet thingy at the bottom, so it's impossible to know her emotions, also, when I tried, the male husky I have, showed a thought bubble that viewed Panda Bear (the name of the chow) in a negative way
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    i haven't tried breeding yet. however anyone know how long before an adult cat goes into heat? i only play with the cat family for about a sim week. so maybe i'm not there long enough for her to go in heat... oh wait she was adopted. maybe she's spayed. ok i'll check on that. however with that being said. how often does a cat or dog go into heat?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It just dawned on me that breeding is probably affected by what "Sim maximum" options we have selected in our game options menu! If you guys are close to your sim limit perhaps it lessens the chance or blocks it entirely. Just a thought. Not sure though.
  • Options
    ForfjorForfjor Posts: 4 New Member
    It's never worked in game for me unfortunately. The problem in my game is that the "be nice to" interaction doesn't work (the animal doesn't do anything/doesn't interact with the animal I told them to be nice to) - so my dog can't build a friendship up with another dog in order for them to want to breed when I ask them to.

My sim is friends with all the dogs I try to get her own dog to mate with, I've tried when she's in heat and when she's not, I've trapped the dogs together and kept them happy for several sim days and they still just refuse to interact and dislike each other too much to want to breed. I have no mods or CC, I've repaired my game and I've deleted cache files.
  • Options
    jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    Is there another sign that you can tell that the female cat is in heat? I have asked my 2 cats several times "encourage to mate", half the time the hearts are above. But I think I've asked them at least 15 times and nothing. How do I know if they like each other? Anyone have any tips?
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    jennlynh wrote: »
    Is there another sign that you can tell that the female cat is in heat? I have asked my 2 cats several times "encourage to mate", half the time the hearts are above. But I think I've asked them at least 15 times and nothing. How do I know if they like each other? Anyone have any tips?

No and I would love if a dev could step in and explain how the process works and if there is anything that we can do in-game to increase the chances of breeding.
  • Options
    halawoodfordhalawoodford Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Forfjor said:
    > It's never worked in game for me unfortunately. The problem in my game is that the "be nice to" interaction doesn't work (the animal doesn't do anything/doesn't interact with the animal I told them to be nice to) - so my dog can't build a friendship up with another dog in order for them to want to breed when I ask them to.
    >
    > My sim is friends with all the dogs I try to get her own dog to mate with, I've tried when she's in heat and when she's not, I've trapped the dogs together and kept them happy for several sim days and they still just refuse to interact and dislike each other too much to want to breed. I have no mods or CC, I've repaired my game and I've deleted cache files.

I have the same issue! My dogs just ignore me, and so when I ask them to breed, they just growl. It's annoying.
  • Options
    BanditizedBanditized Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="alan650111;c-16158101"][quote="Banditized;c-16157784"]I'm trying to breed my two dogs. The female is in heat, she's howling with hearts all the time. I encourage the male to mate with her but when they get face to face they growl and in their thought bubbles they have the other dog's face crossed out. But then the female walks away and keeps howling and blowing hearts. They keep doing the growling thing over and over and over again, I don't know what to do[/quote]

This sounds like they dislike each other to be honest. There must be requirements of certain relationships for them to breed. What traits do they each have? [/quote]

The female is stubborn, jumpy, and playful. The male is loyal, curious, and a hunter. I keep selecting for the male to be nice to the female but nothing happens
  • Options
    Nadia6538Nadia6538 Posts: 3 New Member
    I had the same problem with the hissing and growling every time they went to mate so I made the sims relationship with both dogs to the highest and made sure the two dogs are in the same house hold and it worked
  • Options
    I am having trouble with the labour part. It said that my dog was on labour and she had two puppies and I got to name them. They didn’t even turn up. I have no clue what’s going on please help if you know
  • Options
    [quote="orkhid22;c-16158855"]i haven't tried breeding yet. however anyone know how long before an adult cat goes into heat? i only play with the cat family for about a sim week. so maybe i'm not there long enough for her to go in heat... oh wait she was adopted. maybe she's spayed. ok i'll check on that. however with that being said. how often does a cat or dog go into heat?[/quote]

I have been playing in a family for around two weeks and my dog went into heat
  • Options
    Bella_ZingoBella_Zingo Posts: 2 New Member
    It worked for me the first time with my dogs but my cats still havn't gotten kittens yet and I don't know why, they mate but it doesn't seem like she ever gets pregnant. I've tried like 20 times but it doesn't work. Now 2 of my cats have mated on their own without me telling them to do so, so hopefully they will have kittens now.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I'm trying to figure out the weird bias my dogs seem to have for eachother. the male dogs and female dogs don't seem interested in eachother, yet they defiantly seem in heat (they use the heart idle almost every second :lol: ).

But even when I try to get them to be nice to one another, it's like they just ignore my sim or when they do, it ends in a really bad interaction. Though what I also notice is, the female dogs and male dogs were from separate households. I tried with cats in the same household and it worked perfectly.

So now I'm wondering, do pets have to be in the same household to successfully mate?
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top