Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Successful breeding of Pets?

Has anyone been successful yet in getting your pet pregnant? I have 2 pet raccoons that have mated 3 times but I still don't think the one is pregnant. Are there any tips you have??

Comments

• xXDrewXxxXDrewXx Posts: 69 Member
    I just kept breeding mine until it worked! It helps to be friendly with them of course! Maybe there's certain traits that help? I'm not too sure however as you can't see their friendliness towards each other, which would be helpful XD
    Though I found it fairly easy and could get it done in under a sim day :D
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    CutieBae wrote: »
    Make sure aging is on

Yes my aging is on. Do you know how long it takes until their pregnancy shows after mating?
  • ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    Took about 10 times to mate ..and then I had two male pups:)
    ChambersN wrote: »
    Took about 10 times to mate ..and then I had two male pups:)

Wow 10 times?! Hopefully it doesn't take me that long. Now my female raccoon Asparagus ran away! So the wait is prolonged yet again! GRR Haha
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    It took me about 5 times to get my female dog pregnant.
    C0gfE.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There's at least one mod reported to be interfering: Enable Advanced Debug/Cheat Interactions
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • xXDrewXxxXDrewXx Posts: 69 Member
    Also, I think the pets get friendly naturally overtime (Or less friendly) Just we can't see it! So keep them both happy and it will probably get easier! Though this is just an assumption from what I've witnessed. Don't take my word for it XD
  • MeganmonstaaMeganmonstaa Posts: 3 New Member
    I had two dogs for about 3 sim days; I think it helps if the female dog is noticeably in heat (with hearts and two dogs in a thought bubble over her head). When my dog was in heat, it only took one time for her to get pregnant and have 3 puppies! I've only tried it once so I don't know if it's an anomaly or not that it worked so quickly.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I got mine to work first time... It wasn't many sim hours until it told me either and I have long ageing on if that matters?
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I had my cats mate twice. They had two kittens.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Yes my aging is on. Do you know how long it takes until their pregnancy shows after mating?

After mating, I got a pop-up that said wait 1 day or so in order to see if she is pregnant.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I tried getting my cat to mate with different strays on the lot. I think Ive tried 4 different cats, a few times each. Still nothing. I wanted to adopt another cat to make it happen, but they're all neutered.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • RylaraRylara Posts: 25 Member
    The only way I finally managed to have mine mate was to adopt a stray. She wouldn't with a neighbors pet or a stray until they were in the same household. No matter how well they got along. :\
    Thanks everyone for the responses! When Asparagus finally returns home I will try the mating process again!
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I tried almost 20 times, literately, and nothing is happening. Idk how this works out with strays...
  • 0Noqa0Noqa Posts: 36 Member
    It took for me only just 1 or 2 times and it's work..! 3 little puppies :3

And I didn't do anything spécial..
    Check out my Sims 4 gallery for pets creations :3 " 0Noqa "
  • AprilApril Posts: 59 Member
    Hmm. It seems to be really random as far as how long it takes to become pregnant. Some say it took once others say it took 10 or more times. I'd be interested to see if there is any rhyme or reason to it.
  • simsaholic77simsaholic77 Posts: 307 Member
    I don't know how to get my pets to breed. I've tried with two different families. I asked the pets to mate at least 40-50 times each and even if they did mate, it never resulted in a pregnancy.
  • TheXRandomXSimmerTheXRandomXSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Yesterday, I tried with my pit bulls about 5 times and it didn't work. Today, I tried 2 times with my chihuahuas and it worked the second time, I even got a notification saying that "Kiss" was expecting !
  • GrassyGrassy Posts: 2 New Member
    In my case, it just works when I have the two pets in the same household. :/
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I don't know how to get my pets to breed. I've tried with two different families. I asked the pets to mate at least 40-50 times each and even if they did mate, it never resulted in a pregnancy.

If they don't mate it's because there relationship isn't high enough or the don't like one another.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I'm having a hard time with this as well. I'm trying to get my cat to mate with a stray that lives by the docks.
    I know the cats have to have a high relationshiop but how can you do that when they aren't controllable? My Sim doesn't have the option to "encourage them to be nice to each other"....just encourage to mate. Any help would be great!
    I tried almost 20 times, literately, and nothing is happening. Idk how this works out with strays...

Yeah tell me about it. Ive been trying to get my cat to mate with literally ANY stray, but it just won't work. I'd rather not use the household slots and add another opposite gender cat just to get them to mate. Idk how else to build those relationships up when they aren't controllable. Kind of frustrated that its *this* difficult. Legit spent the last 2 real time hours trying to get any sort of results.
    edited November 2017
    Whelp, I finally at least got my cat to mate with another cat! Buuuut it took me having to create a female and place her in the household/family for it to work. Which makes no sense, because they had not interacted with each other before that point, and it still worked on the first try......Literally both of the other cats listed (strays) had denied my male cat 20+ times, so the only reason that I can think of is that it has something to do with my Sim being decent friends with the family's new cat?
    Now fingers crossed for a kitten or two!
    906ek9.png
    121d5yo.png
  • HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have tried mating several times but with no luck. Last time I even got a note that my dog is pregnant and then one saying that she is in labour and finally I got to name two girl puppies but for some reason puppies haven't been borned no matter what notes have said. They don't show up in my househould. Maybe it's a bug?

//Now I noticed that one of my sims had the puppy in her relationships and once I called the puppy to come she showed up on the list of my sim family members on the bottom of a screen but I still can't find the other puppy.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top