Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dogs crash my game!

Comments

• Crazyguineapig16Crazyguineapig16 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry by same exact problem I mean that when she goes to create a dog her Sims screen will eventually freeze. The music will still play. Then an error message pops up.

@Crazyguineapig16 said:
    > This is so unfortunate! My daughter bought the cats & dogs expansion pack for Sims 4 and she is having the same exact problem :(
    >
    > Will you please take a look at her dxdiag and tell us if her computer will just not support the expansion pack?
    >
    > This is a new laptop and was supposed to be especially for gaming. She doesn't use it for much else.
    >
    > h.t.t.ps://pastebin.com/vAaiMWEq
    >
    > Thank you in advance!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited December 2017
    This is so unfortunate! My daughter bought the cats & dogs expansion pack for Sims 4 and she is having the same exact problem :(

Will you please take a look at her dxdiag and tell us if her computer will just not support the expansion pack?

This is a new laptop and was supposed to be especially for gaming. She doesn't use it for much else.

https://pastebin.com/vAaiMWEq

Thank you in advance!

Hello
    I will ask @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag info when she comes onto the forums.

I am so sorry though but I don’t think that your computer meets the recommended requirements to run Cats and Dogs ep :( It has an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. It doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card,
    I don’t think that the processor meets the recommended requirements.
    I am sorry :(
    It would be good also to go to the HP site, search for your laptop model. and update the drivers.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    This is so unfortunate! My daughter bought the cats & dogs expansion pack for Sims 4 and she is having the same exact problem :(

Will you please take a look at her dxdiag and tell us if her computer will just not support the expansion pack?

This is a new laptop and was supposed to be especially for gaming. She doesn't use it for much else.

Thank you in advance!

Hello
    I will ask @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag info when she comes onto the forums.

I am so sorry though but I don’t think that your computer meets the recommended requirements to run Cats and Dogs ep :( It has an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. It doesn’t have a dedicated graphics card,
    I don’t think that the processor meets the recommended requirements.
    I am sorry :(
    It would be good also to go to the HP site, search for your laptop model. and update the drivers.

agree the processor/video card don't meet requirements. They would need another computer to play on .
  • FallingFerret29FallingFerret29 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same problem, and it won’t let me close the window when my game crashes - I have to press and hold the power button on my laptop and start again. It’s not all dogs that do it for me though, only big dogs like Huskies and Alsatians, and medium dogs like Cocker Spaniels and Springers. I can still make small dogs and cats, but it’s just so irritating not being able to make all dogs, and then losing progress when the game crashes!!! HELP!!!
    I’m having the same problem, and it won’t let me close the window when my game crashes - I have to press and hold the power button on my laptop and start again. It’s not all dogs that do it for me though, only big dogs like Huskies and Alsatians, and medium dogs like plum Spaniels and Springers. I can still make small dogs and cats, but it’s just so irritating not being able to make all dogs, and then losing progress when the game crashes!!! HELP!!!

Hello @FallingFerret29
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.

• KHarrisonJ29KHarrisonJ29 Posts: 8 New Member
    I too am having the same problems as everyone els. But the computer said something blocked the mod. Can anyone help me with this?
    I too am having the same problems as everyone els. But the computer said something blocked the mod. Can anyone help me with this?

Hello @KHarrisonJ29
    There is a feature that when there is a game update, mods/cc are disabled. This link explains about it,
    http://help.ea.com/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates
    This may have been the message that you received.

With your crashing issues, if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues remain, could you please post your DXDiag information here. The above post explains how to gather your DXDiag information
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16222944/#Comment_16222944
  • photoeditsprophotoeditspro Posts: 10 New Member
    im having the same problem can someone look at mine? please h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/SsriZd5i
    im having the same problem can someone look at mine? please https://pastebin.com/SsriZd5i

https://pastebin.com/SsriZd5i

Hello
    I will ask @phoebebebe13 to look at your dxdiag info when she comes onto the forums.

It would also be good to go to the Lenovo website, search for your computer model, and update the drivers.

You are getting quite low on free hard drive space on the C drive. This could cause issues with running the computer and the game.It would be good to try to free up more hard drive space. You could try uninstalling old programs that you don’t use any longer and move large files such as pictures and videos to an external drive,
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    im having the same problem can someone look at mine? please h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/SsriZd5i

Unfortunately this laptop is under requirements to run C & D. The computer is not designed to run 3d games like the sims and is for general use only. I would remove C & D . If one wants to survive the whole game and all the future add ons we advise having a computer that meets recommended requirements so you don't get left behind. Do you have another computer to play on that meets requirements? if not, I suggest thinking about investing in a new computer that meets requirements should you want to continue being able to run the game. Tech section here can help you find a computer that meets requirements. Sorry for the bad news
  • photoeditsprophotoeditspro Posts: 10 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > photoeditspro wrote: »
    >
    > im having the same problem can someone look at mine? please h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/SsriZd5i
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Unfortunately this laptop is under requirements to run C & D. The computer is not designed to run 3d games like the sims and is for general use only. I would remove C & D . If one wants to survive the whole game and all the future add ons we advise having a computer that meets recommended requirements so you don't get left behind. Do you have another computer to play on that meets requirements? if not, I suggest thinking about investing in a new computer that meets requirements should you want to continue being able to run the game. Tech section here can help you find a computer that meets requirements. Sorry for the bad news

thank you for the help i believe i have a desktop that might meet requirements but unable to get to it at the moment
  • WildviceWildvice Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey there, so I'm having the same problem. As soon as I try to make a dog, the game freezes and I get an error message that it has been blocked from accessing the graphics hardware.

I've gone to the EA tech help, and they say my specs are fine, should be no problem. And I've disabled my mods and CC, and it's still doing it.

Is there something I'm missing here...?
  • WildviceWildvice Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Wildvice;c-16229335"]Hey there, so I'm having the same problem. As soon as I try to make a dog, the game freezes and I get an error message that it has been blocked from accessing the graphics hardware.

I've gone to the EA tech help, and they say my specs are fine, should be no problem. And I've disabled my mods and CC, and it's still doing it.

Is there something I'm missing here...?[/quote]

They've looked at my DX and my Msinfo.
    Wildvice wrote: »
    Hey there, so I'm having the same problem. As soon as I try to make a dog, the game freezes and I get an error message that it has been blocked from accessing the graphics hardware.

Is there something I'm missing here...?

Hello @Wildvice
    Could you please post your DXDiag information here. The above post explains how to gather your DXDiag information
  • kcif12kcif12 Posts: 1 New Member
    Mine also isn’t working, every time I got to create a dog in new home or whatever it says graphics blocked, how do I fix this?
    kcif12 wrote: »
    Mine also isn’t working, every time I got to create a dog in new home or whatever it says graphics blocked, how do I fix this?

Hello @kcif12
    Could you please post your DXDiag information here. The above post explains how to gather your DXDiag information
  • adrichapez1234adrichapez1234 Posts: 4 New Member
    Ok so honestly I’ve been reading all this stuff and I’m confused my computer also does this to me I can never create a dog but I can create a cat, (sorry to all cat lovers but I’m a much greater fan to dogs than cats though I still like cats). I don’t know what is wrong with my computer I honestly have been deleting apps for I can put more space that’s seriously what I think is the problem, but it still doesn’t work. I’m also really confused what’s a CC and how do I do the pastebin? I really need help since I really want to play and if I can’t thats going to suck since I don’t have money to buy a new computer since this one is knew
    Ok so honestly I’ve been reading all this stuff and I’m confused my computer also does this to me I can never create a dog but I can create a cat, (sorry to all cat lovers but I’m a much greater fan to dogs than cats though I still like cats). I don’t know what is wrong with my computer I honestly have been deleting apps for I can put more space that’s seriously what I think is the problem, but it still doesn’t work. I’m also really confused what’s a CC and how do I do the pastebin? I really need help since I really want to play and if I can’t thats going to suck since I don’t have money to buy a new computer since this one is knew

Hello @adrichapez1234
    Could you please post your DXDiag information here. This post explains how to gather your DXDiag information

When you have saved the dxdiag information to your computer, then load the pastebin site page, and copy /paste the dxdiag text information into the white box on the page. Click the “ new paste” button to create the file. Then post the website address link to the file here
    You will need to break up the pastebin link of your DXDiag info though by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.
    Rosemow

Honestly I don’t get the part of breaking it I have been trying to but it always sends me to another thing that’s not my pastebin so please help me and thank you also for trying to help me
    Rosemow

Honestly I don’t get the part of breaking it I have been trying to but it always sends me to another thing that’s not my pastebin so please help me and thank you also for trying to help me

Hello @adrichapez1234
    The breaking up of the pastebin link is for when you post the link here on this thread. When you have created the text file of your dxdiag info on pastebin, copy and paste the website adress of the text file to here in this thread. Before posting the post though, remove the http that is at the start of the address.

If you continue to have issues, instead of posting to pastebin, go to where you have saved the DXDiag information on your computer. Right click the file, then open the file. Copy and paste all the text that is there, into posts here in this forums thread. It will take multiple posts to post all the information , but that is okay.
  • DumbstruckedDumbstrucked Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey people! This is a littttlllleee bit off topic and a bit late but since i'm not a full number I cant create a discussion.
    So whenever I simstagram a pet and exit out my game crashes and i cant press any button except the wall option.
    I cant see the needs, the household, the inventory, build mode or the relationships!
    I tried F5 Ctrl + F4 and I've tried Q to open up the options menu to save or at least something.
    Because it would really suck if I have to recreate my household again just because I couldn't save. I spent hours on the house and the household so i would be sad to see it gone.
    I'm sorry I posted in a comment section and didn't create a discussion but it's urgent so please answer ASAP.\
    Thank you!!
    H.t.t.p.://pastebin.com/bxM7DVmC

Sorry I took long on figuring it out and thank u so much rosemow
    Hey people! This is a littttlllleee bit off topic and a bit late but since i'm not a full number I cant create a discussion.
    So whenever I simstagram a pet and exit out my game crashes and i cant press any button except the wall option.
    I cant see the needs, the household, the inventory, build mode or the relationships!
    I tried F5 Ctrl + F4 and I've tried Q to open up the options menu to save or at least something.
    Because it would really suck if I have to recreate my household again just because I couldn't save. I spent hours on the house and the household so i would be sad to see it gone.
    I'm sorry I posted in a comment section and didn't create a discussion but it's urgent so please answer ASAP.\
    Thank you!!

Hello
    I have posted suggestions in the other thread that you posted on,
    Http.://pastebin.com/bxM7DVmC

Sorry I took long on figuring it out and thank u so much rosemow
    https://pastebin.com/bxM7DVmC

Hello @adrichapez1234
    I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and pack . This is causing the issues . Your processor is weaker than what is required to run the game.Cats and Dogs ep requires 64 bit mode, and that mode requires over 4gb memory . Your laptop has less than 4gb for the computer to use, which is why you are having issues.
    You have an integrated processor video card. It uses the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer.
    I am so sorry :(

If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.

If you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and would like help and advice in getting a computer that can handle the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will assist you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
    It’s fine I’ll see if I can by a new one thank you so much for your help rosemow