Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can’t eat!

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Pull out CC sofas.

That worked... you are a genious. NOW , some of my pets in san myshuno will go potty outside, but some of them act like something is blocking them. It only happens in some households... is that a game bug or bad cc as well
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Presca wrote: »
    Folks, it's not cc

It worked for me
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PrescaPresca Posts: 35 Member
    I have 9K items of cc, not an option
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Presca wrote: »
    I have 9K items of cc, not an option

In that case, the solution is to wait for Sims 4 Studio batch fixing to be available for all the affected CC. I'm afraid that incompatibility with new updates or packs is part of the territory if you use mods and CC. (I use mods and it's become part of my routine now to have a save that I don't use them for, for when I'm waiting on updates.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    edited November 2017
    I had the same issue!

Here’s what fixed it for me:

1. Move the household to an empty lot.
    2. Enter the original home lot and save the house to your library.
    3. Bulldozer/gut out the original lot. Anything that doesn’t have to be there, delete it. You want it to be like no one ever lived there. Save the game once the lot is empty.
    4. Move your family back onto their empty original lot.
    5. Go into build mode and place your original house on the lot again from where you saved it to the library. Test to see if they are eating again. Save if they are.

I had this issue with a family that was living in a house, not an apartment, but I imagine the same fix should work for both.

Hope this helps. Happy Simming!

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    having the same issue. I will take my sofas out and restart the game to see if it works for me. I already fixed the beds with s4s, but this CC thing with the latest patch/ep is getting soo annoying. Al CC is broken, has weird texture on it (lamps, desks etc.) and objects with transparency arent see through anymore or have weird outlining.. :|
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    I had that problem too. ( I had already deleted my furniture cc,) thought it might be the automatic pet feeder, but it wasn't. Saved my lot, used a seperate copy of the family since different people could not eat each time I bulldozed the lot and started fresh. The only thing that worked for me was to place house and family on an entirely different lot.
  • Options
    KrisLewKrisLew Posts: 6 New Member
    I’m having the same issue, but also with my sims sleeping and doing interaction pets. I only had this since downloading pets. I don’t use Cc or mods. I have tried moving houses, uninstalling & reinstalling the games and nothing’s working! It’s driving me crazy!!
  • Options
    KrisLew wrote: »
    I’m having the same issue, but also with my sims sleeping and doing interaction pets. I only had this since downloading pets. I don’t use Cc or mods. I have tried moving houses, uninstalling & reinstalling the games and nothing’s working! It’s driving me crazy!!

What you're describing is caused by CC that's not compatible with the new pack, because the pack changes some furniture coding so that pets can use it differently than Sims do. Most of that CC can now be batch-fixed in the newest update of Sims 4 Studio.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KrisLewKrisLew Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="luthienrising;c-16158526"][quote="KrisLew;c-16158522"]I’m having the same issue, but also with my sims sleeping and doing interaction pets. I only had this since downloading pets. I don’t use Cc or mods. I have tried moving houses, uninstalling & reinstalling the games and nothing’s working! It’s driving me crazy!![/quote]

What you're describing is caused by CC that's not compatible with the new pack, because the pack changes some furniture coding so that pets can use it differently than Sims do. Most of that CC can now be batch-fixed in the newest update of Sims 4 Studio. [/quote]

I don’t use any CC or mods, but how can I try and solve this?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

What you're describing is caused by CC that's not compatible with the new pack, because the pack changes some furniture coding so that pets can use it differently than Sims do. Most of that CC can now be batch-fixed in the newest update of Sims 4 Studio.

I don’t use any CC or mods, but how can I try and solve this?

Huh. That's odd then. Try deleting the file localthumbcache and restart. Let me know if that helps! You might also check what happens in a new save.
  • Options
    EmLouiseDarlingEmLouiseDarling Posts: 3 New Member
    Ok I'm having an even weirder issue. So I have mum, dad, toddler and dog in the main house and in the basement apartment I have the mums elderly aunt and uncle who are about to croak any day now.

Cooking and eating in the main house is fine.

Cooking in the basement fine.

Eating in the basement is a no go apparently.

It's extremely annoying because I locked the main family from the basement apartment and the elderly folks from the main house so they could properly live separately (only want the gravestones when they die tbh) and now the old folks wont eat. It comes up Like it's blocked, they'll make things but cant pick up the finished product to eat. They can throw them away though and everything else in between.

Ridiculous! Help!

P.s. never used a basement before for residential lots so not sure if this is a common problem.
    The old folks can eat upstairs just fine I checked.
  • Options
    EmLouiseDarlingEmLouiseDarling Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="EmLouiseDarling;c-16162102"]Ok I'm having an even weirder issue. So I have mum, dad, toddler and dog in the main house and in the basement apartment I have the mums elderly aunt and uncle who are about to croak any day now.

Cooking and eating in the main house is fine.

Cooking in the basement fine.

Eating in the basement is a no go apparently.

It's extremely annoying because I locked the main family from the basement apartment and the elderly folks from the main house so they could properly live separately (only want the gravestones when they die tbh) and now the old folks wont eat. It comes up Like it's blocked, they'll make things but cant pick up the finished product to eat. They can throw them away though and everything else in between.

Ridiculous! Help!

P.s. never used a basement before for residential lots so not sure if this is a common problem.
    The old folks can eat upstairs just fine I checked.[/quote]

Also I've had the same CC and Mods for ages and nothing like this has ever happened.
  • Options
    maddswallmaddswall Posts: 15 New Member
    I was having the same issue. Disabled my CC and that seemed to fix it. Hopefully there's a fix soon!
  • Options
    whitenightingalewhitenightingale Posts: 1 New Member
    game updated and I'm having a the same problem. sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesnt.. sadness. my house looks like the picture above. I removed all cc from my game and it worked again. I added it back, and well. no eating. going through a couple thousand cc at the moment :) smh
  • Options
    game updated and I'm having a the same problem. sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesnt.. sadness. my house looks like the picture above. I removed all cc from my game and it worked again. I added it back, and well. no eating. going through a couple thousand cc at the moment :) smh

You might be able to fix a lot of the issues by running a batch fix in the newest version of Sims 4 Studio. It fixes sofas and beds. I think it hasn't been updated to fix counters, fridges, or toilets yet.
  • Options
    tierra549tierra549 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Pull out CC sofas.

You are the best because that's exactly what it was. My sim could cook food, but they every time I try to make them eat it, they would do the reset motion and they wouldn't eat it. I tried to take them to the restaurant and the same thing happened. When I pulled the sofas out it started working. Thank you because I never would've figured that out.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    As Luthien posted, Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with batch fixes for the cc beds,and cc sofas
    You need to register with the site to access the download page for the program but it is free.
    http://sims4studio.com
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-open
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu.
  • Options
    GunngirlGunngirl Posts: 32 Member
    The CC sofas seem to be causing most if not the bulk of the problems, but every time they do those stupid FORCED updates something else goes wrong. I finally got my game working, pulled out sofas that caused the issue and then I had to update. Now the sims aren't eating or using the phone again and pulling out the sofa CC isn't working, so NOW what is the problem?! It's ridiculous. They do updates way to much to be dealing with this, they are updating every couple of days and it's not making anything better it's making things worse.
  • Options
    Gunngirl wrote: »
    The CC sofas seem to be causing most if not the bulk of the problems, but every time they do those plum FORCED updates something else goes wrong. I finally got my game working, pulled out sofas that caused the issue and then I had to update. Now the sims aren't eating or using the phone again and pulling out the sofa CC isn't working, so NOW what is the problem?! It's ridiculous. They do updates way to much to be dealing with this, they are updating every couple of days and it's not making anything better it's making things worse.

Try counters. See http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1 for other possibilities. Maxis is not responsible for keeping CC working. Only the pre-EP patch and the EP itself have affect CC; the emergency patches didn't.
  • Options
    collegemommaof3collegemommaof3 Posts: 131 Member
    The patch broke everything! I had to move my sims out of their house and into a bigger one anyways but they couldn't wash dishes or cook and I don't play with CC. I could never figure out how any of that worked
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    http://fursimsoriginal.wixsite.com/fursims/blog

See this article i wrote for the fix for this issue ;) My game works fine now about this issue. So does many other peoples game thanks to s4s.
  • Options
    LollyGraceLollyGrace Posts: 20 Member
    So glad this isn’t just me! I have too much CC to go through and pull sofas/love seats etc so I guess I’ll wait for them to “maybe’ fix it...

One thing which is weird, is that my Sims won’t/can’t eat the food they’ve just cooked so we’re on the point of starvation.... so I thought, hey, let’s get them to go out and order food.. which they ate perfectly fine!! Super weird.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    LollyGrace wrote: »
    So glad this isn’t just me! I have too much CC to go through and pull sofas/love seats etc so I guess I’ll wait for them to “maybe’ fix it...

One thing which is weird, is that my Sims won’t/can’t eat the food they’ve just cooked so we’re on the point of starvation.... so I thought, hey, let’s get them to go out and order food.. which they ate perfectly fine!! Super weird.

Hello
    Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with batch fixes for the cc beds,and cc sofas/love seats
    You need to register with the site to access the download page for the program but it is free.
    http://sims4studio.com
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-open (register with the site first before accessing the page )
    After installing the program, click the tools label at the top of the screen, the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu.
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    Well, I do not have the first thing of CC anything stuff.. none.. nor do I have MCC installed in my computer.. I'm old school.. and play the game as right out of the box .. but yesterday, I had the same sort of problem with a sim taking things out of the fridge and getting them to cook it, when all they would do, is toss it to the floor.. but right before I started having this issue.. one of the Teens was cooking on the grill, and it caught fire.. ( silly teen.. got a time out for that ).. but anyway, after this fire, was when I started having issues with the fridge. What I did, and it now seems to work ok, was just move the fridge to a different spot, and now they are cooking up a storm now ..