Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher "Login" issues

Last night it seems that when i load my game i cannot lot into my account, it asks me to log in, but when i enter my password and email (which is correct) it keeps telling me i have an invalid password or email, i know both are right as i am always logged in (as i am for the forum), today the issue is continuing.

Does anyone have ideas what might be the problem? Also how do i fix this? i can't seem to access the store or receive achievements or anything. It allows me to play offline but that is it.

any suggestions or help would be really appreciated
Bebasim

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    This is a common problem that can often be corrected by clearing Internet Explorer's cache and cookies, and disallowing the option to retain cookies for Favorites. It must be IE (assuming you are on Windows and not Mac). Even if you never use IE as a browser yourself, have never set up Favorites, and do not have a convenient shortcut to the browser, the game and the Launcher use its resources. If you are on Win 10 and don't have an easy way into IE because of Edge and other browsers taking precedence, you may have to use the Windows search bar to get to it but all computers running Windows still have it.

For a visual: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    Thank you Igazor you're truly an amazing person, i didn't think anyone would reply so quickly.
    I have Windows not a mac, i also have win 10 but use firefox. Does that make a difference?
    edited November 2017
    Your own use of Firefox is fine of course, that is also my browser of choice. But it's still IE that the Launcher and the game use behind the scenes even if you never see it in action and it's IE's cookies and cache that tend to get stuck filled with stale information so readily. Clearing Firefox's cache may (or may not) help your browsing experience, but it won't help the game get past the login screen.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Igazor thank you it is now working!
    I did as per your instructions and found IE but there was nothing to delete there cache was empty. So i checked firefox and did the clear cache there as it was pretty banked up. Re-loaded the game and it's logged me in now.
    Thank you so so very much for your prompt response and your help it's truly VERY much appreciated!!!
    I guess we'll have to advise players to clear caches and cookies on all of their browsers in use then, in the future. Never heard of this doing much for the Launcher apart from IE, but glad I was able to help. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yes you were very much so!
  • Tyler19xxTyler19xx Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I post a new thread??????????????
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Tyler19xx wrote: »
    How do I post a new thread??????????????

You can't if your a new member to the forum but feel free to reply with your question and what you may need help with
    igazor wrote: »
    I guess we'll have to advise players to clear caches and cookies on all of their browsers in use then, in the future. Never heard of this doing much for the Launcher apart from IE, but glad I was able to help. :)

It's all browser history. I have had issues with firefox unless I clear my browser . I don't use the launcher to log into the sims 3 web. I go to the web directly to download but I still have to clear all my internet browser history before downloading anything
    igazor wrote: »

It's all browser history. I have had issues with firefox unless I clear my browser . I don't use the launcher to log into the sims 3 web. I go to the web directly to download but I still have to clear all my internet browser history before downloading anything

Thank you @phoebebebe13 i actually found this out only yesterday. I had to re do it as i was unable to log into anything. So went through all the steps including deleting from IE and it was the only way it worked this time. So yes i guess it's good to know that all would be a suggestion to clear, as we really don't know what goes where from behind the scenes. :)
    @bebasim Your welcome. The sims 3 site with the browser issues has been going on for a long time (years) . I would have this issue even ordering sim points on there. I would buy the sim points, have to log out, clear my browser history and log back in for the points to show up. That could be part of the reason EA decided to now sell sim points through origin instead of the sims 3 web.
  • T_MariT_Mari Posts: 75 Member
    I've tried what you said, at first, just clearing cache apparently didn't work but in addition, i had to restart my laptop but it works now. Lol before I kept trying to repair it on origin, xD wasted my time with that. Thanks so much!
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    I clean cookie and cache can't login on Sims 3 game launcher help
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
    I clean cookie and cache can't login on Sims 3 game launcher help
    Are you clearing the cookies and cache on Internet Explorer in particular, even if you never use it as a browser yourself? It's good to clear them on Edge, Firefox, Chrome, whatever else you may use, but usually Internet Explorer is the important one even if the now older browser is hidden from regular view.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yes clean cookies and cache on internet explorer
    Yes clean cookies and cache on internet explorer
    And you cleared your other caches as well, if you have other browsers installed?

Sometimes these things are indicative of a problem on EA's end and clear themselves up after a while. How long "a while" is can vary, especially on a holiday weekend. You might try changing your password to see if that helps, it has for some. Or then contact EA's Customer Support and see if there is something with your account that needs to be fixed or unfrozen on their end.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I got it working the password was the problem and thank you for trying to help me
  • FOZMATFOZMAT Posts: 2 New Member
    I cleared cookies and cache on Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox but still can't login on Sims 3 game launcher. Please help
    FOZMAT wrote: »
    I cleared cookies and cache on Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox but still can't login on Sims 3 game launcher. Please help
    Be sure it's IE we are talking about and not Edge (if on Win 10). They aren't the same programs. Also be certain to de-select the option to Preserve Web Data for Favorites, this is the step that trips some players up.
    https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

And if still no go, have you tried changing your password?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • FOZMATFOZMAT Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you @igazor :) I de-selected Preserve Web Data for Favorites and it worked. I can log in now.
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    Just fyi for some using Origin. Origin can be really finicky when it comes to browsers. I had a problem of not being able to cancel my EA Access. It kept coming up with an error when I tried. After contacting EA help, we were able to get it to work by using IE browser. I typically use Pale moon which was the 64 bit version of Fire Fox before they pushed the new 64 bit version out recently. I went through Chrome, FF, and Edge. None of them would work. Only IE. The person from CS told me that normally I would have better results using the IE browser when dealing with Origin.

That was the first time I have had problems using my browser of choice with Origin, but it appears their systems are optimized for IE. Note, some of the Origin apps time out using the Windows 10 Edge browser.
  • mamabear1mamabear1 Posts: 25 Member
    The launcher.... ugh! I was just about to upload pics for a contest and the launcher decided to fail on me. I can get on here but can't open the launcher to be able to upload anything. I get a message saying the website cannot display the page. It will not let me log in, i try to from with in game and it says my password is incorrect which is crazy because I am on here..... same password. I can play the game by bypassing login but it gets frustrating when you wanted to upload something. Thanks for letting me vent. Bless all
    edited February 2018
    mamabear1 wrote: »
    The launcher.... ugh! I was just about to upload pics for a contest and the launcher decided to fail on me. I can get on here but can't open the launcher to be able to upload anything. I get a message saying the website cannot display the page. It will not let me log in, i try to from with in game and it says my password is incorrect which is crazy because I am on here..... same password. I can play the game by bypassing login but it gets frustrating when you wanted to upload something. Thanks for letting me vent. Bless all
    The Launcher, the game itself, and the original TS3 site (with the Exchange) all share the same login mechanisms on EA's end. This forum does not, even if your user id and password are the same for both. I would suggest clearing the Internet Explorer cache and cookies, being sure to de-select the option to Preserve Web Data for Favorites as described and illustrated above in this thread. It could be that's all that is really wrong.

And again, it must be Internet Explorer (unless you are playing the Mac version of the game). Even if you never use IE yourself as a browser in favor of Edge or one of the others commonly available, and even if the IE browser is difficult to get access to (if you have Win 10 for example), the game still and always will use its resources. The game itself does not use the resources of Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc. even if the player does.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TempurranceTempurrance Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm having trouble logging into the Sims 3 website. I followed the step by step you provided on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Chrome. I have Windows 10. I have no problem logging into Origin, EA, the launcher, or this website. When I choose "forgot my password" on the Sims 3 website it takes me to EA and shows I'm already logged in :expressionless: and doesn't give me an option to retrieve my password. I tried changing my password and still, I cannot log into The Sims 3.

EDIT: I went back into Internet Explorer and was able to log into The Sims 3 website from there, but not from any other browser lol (I usually use Chrome)
    Still can't find Waldo...
    edited February 2018
    @Tempurrance - The EA login servers are just...strange. These things most often suggest an issue on their end, not ours. Clearing the caches/cookies and hoping for the best or trying to change the pw are really all we can do when this happens, short of contacting Customer Support so they can reset things on their end.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!