Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vet career glitch?

Comments

• Options
    SynneSolSynneSol Posts: 85 Member
    beckyh101 wrote: »
    Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s a glitch.
    I can’t seem to get owners to pay their bills after checking the pets. The option bill owner comes up but doesn’t do anything.
    Anyone experience anything similar?

Did you bring your pet with you to the clinic and then sent them home before you opened?
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    SynneSol wrote: »
    beckyh101 wrote: »
    Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s a glitch.
    I can’t seem to get owners to pay their bills after checking the pets. The option bill owner comes up but doesn’t do anything.
    Anyone experience anything similar?

Did you bring your pet with you to the clinic and then sent them home before you opened?

Yap, that seems to break it.

Did you try what happens if you don't send them home ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I've had an issue where the animal would get on the table to begin examination and then the table would lower and the cat would get off and wander off. If I clicked 'begin so and so's examination' the same thing would happen over and over. I closed the clinic and went back to the home lot and when I returned everything seemed to be in order.
  • Options
    amber_rayeamber_raye Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm also having the issue where my sim will glitch when making something at the vet crafting station. After she finishes making it she glitches and I have to tell her to pick it up and put it in her inventory. This is the second sim I am having this issue with. I deleted the first sim, and this one was doing it fine, and then something triggered the glitch with her as well.
  • Options
    littlesihalittlesiha Posts: 8 New Member
    For me, it seems to bill automatically? I've never actually clicked the "Bill Owner/Client" option ever and I still make 100% profit.

Hopefully I haven't been losing money this whole time! :p
  • Options
    Foxley828 Foxley828 Posts: 40 Member
    My problem is - every hired vet I employee is mostly useless. They stand around letting patients build up - they play with dogs/cats and talk to owners but they rarely mop up and they rarely see a patient. On the rare occasion that they DO see a patient it can take them all day to diagnose and get them out of the surgery! Does anyone know if there is a way of just having them work when you want to open the clinic but not be there? Otherwise is close the clinic for me when I want a day off it's very frustrating!
  • Options
    SkryeSkrye Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been having a different issue, my employee's don't do anything. I have 3 and only one works. The other 2 just stand there or goes to look at a poster in the clinic. I've tried criticizing them and told them to not clean/not to cure patients and it has not done anything.
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Yes ive been having same problems with my hired vets as above. They either stand there for hours doing nothing or taking hours to examine a pet. In the end i fired everyone and running the vet clinic on my own.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    Foxley828 Foxley828 Posts: 40 Member
    Update to my previous post. Yes I did same as uo_aaronjd - fired all my hired employees it was just too frustrating to have them around. The floor was full of vomit and two of them just stood there all day looking at it while i got a bad review on the clinic for looking bad! The robovac is next to useless for cleaning up as well. Sometimes it cleans sometimes it just runs over the mess and leaves it to go onto another room or back to it's dock. My solution was I made 3 vets in my household. It's hard work micromanaging 3 vets sometimes but I rotate them to seeing patients and cleaning up. 2 seeing patients - 1 cleaning up in rotation. So far, eventhough it's harder work it's working. The patients get seen fairly fast - the clinic is kept clean and I'm getting rave reviews. So i'm happy. No more hired staff for me!
  • Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    edited November 2017
    I also have a hired vet who does nothing. It doesn't help that the management menu doesn't spell things out clearly. It says Don't Clean and Don't Treat Patients, or Treat Patients, and Clean, but it doesn't say which one is which! Does clicking on don't treat patients select or DEselect that option? Would have been much better to say "Have simname treat patients" and "Have simname stop treating patients" so you KNOW which option is selected....not that it much matters, since they just stand around all day anyway. EDIT: so it seems your hired vet will do the opposite of what pops up under management. My current employee is (finally!) seeing a patient. Dunno what she was waiting for...
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Chomper88 wrote: »
    When the cat, Fish, comes into my clinic and I start examining her, it glitches out and the table goes back down. Then the cat goes on like a mission to go do something on the farthest side of the clinic as possible. EVERY TIME!

Anyone else having this issue? I always have to close down the clinic because I cant work on her and I also cannot skip her to work on someone else.

This has happened to me once, but it was a different cat - can't remember the name though. The cat and the owner went to a picnic table two lots or so from my clinic and I couldn't dismiss them. Had to close for the day.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Exact same problem here. No mods. Clean game with a fresh cache and everything. All packs except Bowling Night installed.

My vet greets the patient, they go to the exam table, my vet does the examination (having to get the pet back onto the friggin table like 3 or 4 times because it keeps leaving on its own which is really annoying), my vet successfully treats the pet and the cost of the treatment is deducted, but then the owner won't pay up! They just stand around the clinic with a simoleon sign hanging over their head. There's an option on the pet to bill the owner, but the action cancels itself every time I select it and the only way to make them leave is to dismiss them, but then they leave without paying.

My vet can't make any money at all like this. What is the point of the new vet career if it doesn't work? :neutral: What a shame, that's the biggest reason I bought the pack and I can't even use the pack's main feature.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Just stopping by again to give an update on my game:

I repaired through Origin and that fixed the issue with not being paid. My Sims get paid automatically after treating a pet like they should now, but I'm still having problems with pets getting on and off the exam table several times in the middle of the exam. It makes examining and treating one pet take half the day. :neutral:

I know lots of people are saying having your household pets on the vet clinic lot is what breaks the vet clinic, but since repairing, I have had no issues with payment and my Sims live at the vet clinic with their two cats and one dog so the pets are always there. The whole family is.

To clarify in case that confuses anyone; my Sim does own a separate residential lot. He has to because you can't officially "live" at a vet clinic, but his home lot is just an empty lot that he never goes to. I built an apartment on the second floor of the vet clinic and that is where my Sim lives with his family. They just stay at the vet clinic 24/7 and treat it like their house.
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    I've never had a problem with payment either, I've never actually even clicked the 'Bill Owner', the vets (played and hired) do that automatically after curing the animal. The tricksy part is them doing the 'call a good pet' right after it for extra star-rating, always a bit exciting to see if it has time to register after billing and before rating or not.

I have had my pet at the clinic at the same time, although usually with another sim from the household, training in the backyard. I've never tried sending them home, though.

The hired vet is... iffy, at the best of times. I give her inspiring speech every day, before the customers arrive. If I have time, I set her to crafting treats if she doesn't seem to be doing anything else. I've noticed she somehow easier takes care of customers than cleans, cleaning is very very rare, which is annoying. I wish they'd have Scientist-colleague kind of straight interaction to instruct them to clean right now.

I agree, the Clean - Don't Clean etc menu is confusing. To this day I still doubt myself if I have them on or off and sometimes test with clicking.

She is fully trained, max level vet, but never even tries surgeries. If the treatment involves surgery, she stops with the examination and lets the dog off the table, still sick. Then I have to go and re-examine and treat. This sometimes happens with non-surgeries, too.

For played sims the only time a pet has triggered the table to go down and them going elsewhere was home, when the cooldown in the woohoo bush outside opened up and the already squirrel scratch fevered dirty doggie forced the table to go down to be able to run outside and assault the bush again. That bush got SOLD after he got out, let me tell you.

As for strays, I so wish we could cure them. When I encountered my first sick stray, I befriended her, brought her home (since I have examination table there), and could not use it to check on her. Went to the clinic with her, same thing. All I could do was bathe, feed and pet a lot. It was really sad.

However, the next time I opened the clinic, the same doggie came there with an owner to get treated! I was so happy to finally cure her. When I went home, she pranced over to my home lot all healthy -- and marked Stray again -- just to show that 'look, all good now!'

I've started keeping an eye on the strays ever since, and check them with cas.fulleditmode and many (not all) of them have a human friend! Can't really say 'owner', since they apparently run away all the time, but they have a designated 'take me to see the doctor, human, 'm not feeling well' sim that the game treats as their owner. I never see these townies walking these dogs or being their owner anywhere except vet clinic. Every time I see these dogs out in the world they're Strays. I've started calling them Sometimes Strays.

When I was doing the animal aspiration and was visiting households with pets to befriend the said pets, I always have to wash and feed and get them to pee and all the regular things with the pets first before I begin befriending them because unplayed sims don't apparently take care of their pets at all. One time such a case was sick and just throwing up all the time. I traveled to vet clinic to test if them having an owner would make a difference, but nope, she just stood where she loaded in and kept throwing up. At that point I got an idea and gave her a wellness treat, and that stopped the eternal throwing up after a while. So now I carry wellness treats on my sims to give to possibly sick pets. Although I've also heard that might trigger the bugged vet-fear, so... difficult decisions.
  • Options
    Sidneyw75Sidneyw75 Posts: 4 New Member
    I can’t get 5 stars in my vet clinic and have been working on it since the game released. No modes in my game either.
  • Options
    mslipermsliper Posts: 1 New Member
    I was kind of thinking that maybe we should wait for a game update, they fix lot's of bugs and maybe this one will be there too - I remember having one, don't remember what was it (so many of them!) and then it stopped after an update and I read the update info and it was there - maybe it will be the same here. It is annoying, as the owners don't pay, clicking on pet doesn't do anything and their stars go down, so all I can do i send the owner away, which makes them angry and I still don't get any money!!! Vets that I have hired are not working sometimes, which is a different topic, and I hope they will fix i too... for now, we need to try all the options listed above.
  • Options
    chlightningchlightning Posts: 9 New Member
    One of my hired vets always, without fail, comes to work tired - even in the middle of the day. She goes to the couch and goes to sleep (despite the fact that I put a bed in the employee room). She is absolutely useless, because she always either goes to sleep or looks at posters. I would fire her, but there's never time cause I'm so busy running the business. My robovac also ignores messes a lot. Hopefully they fix all this soon.
  • Options
    AlstenAlsten Posts: 4 New Member
    I've noticed that I can't select bill owner if the star above their head gets to low. However, if I dismiss patient, I still get paid and I still earn points.

As for the management of employees, If "Don't" appears before the tasks, they are assigned to do said task. If it lacks that word they aren't doing said job.

As for useless employees, they stay useless even when I give them training. However, by promoting the correct employee and praising them and asking how they feel, they start taking more initiative.
  • Options
    jennylagergrenjennylagergren Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same problem, but when i removed Mc command center and some of my family members followed me to the vet whitout me bringing them I let the stay. And that seem to fix the problem for now!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I had the same problem, but when i removed Mc command center and some of my family members followed me to the vet whitout me bringing them I let the stay. And that seem to fix the problem for now!

Hello @jennylagergren
    Try checking on the MCCC mod download page to see that you have the latest version of the mod .
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease
  • Options
    MaliseFairewindMaliseFairewind Posts: 1 New Member
    So has anyone else had the issue where a patient checks in, and as they are waiting, their cat starts running around like crazy and leaves the lot to go to the complete other side of the map? I've had this happen several times, and sometimes they will come back, but it takes like 3 sim hours, all while the rating is dropping. Or they glitch out and never return, also dropping my rating. It's infuriating!

As to some of the other posts I've seen; If you are having a hard time getting your other hired vets to do any work, set just one task, and pay for training every night. They still ignore patients and messes sometimes, but it seems to decrease the frequency.
  • Options
    EmeraldTameEmeraldTame Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a question, I am playing The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs and what happens sometimes is with the examinations I do all of tests and their is still no diagnosis? Then I took the patient to surgery and still nothing? Do I need to do something else or is this a glitch?
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I have a question, I am playing The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs and what happens sometimes is with the examinations I do all of tests and their is still no diagnosis? Then I took the patient to surgery and still nothing? Do I need to do something else or is this a glitch?

Do they uncover all of the symptoms first? If they do and there's still no treatment, I believe there's an option to put the cone on the animal, and that will act as the treatment. But, yes, that sounds like a glitch. Try repairing your game in Origin.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Brooke32126Brooke32126 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been running a vet clinic for a little bit now, but every time I give the pet a treatment, a -25 or whatever shows up, but behind it is like a green blob of something. Is that the bill for my services or is it something else?
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I have been running a vet clinic for a little bit now, but every time I give the pet a treatment, a -25 or whatever shows up, but behind it is like a green blob of something. Is that the bill for my services or is it something else?

Think of it like "the cost of materials".
    Even as the owner, you pay to give a treatment. Shouldn't worry, as what you charge the customer after everything's done is more than enough to cover the cost.
    Well, as long as you aren't just giving every pet every treatment thinking "well, it's got to be ONE of these!" lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top