Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that C&D is out, how would you rate it from 1-10?

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm waiting a few days. I haven't explored enough. HOWEVER, I am cooing at the cats and dogs and talking to them like they can hear me! LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    When approaching a decision as to whether I will purchase an EP or not, I have to figure out if I will get my monies worth out of it. As a builder, I look at what is in it for me. Because I have run out of space to build, I am especially interested in the new world that comes with this EP. Most importantly, how many lots are available to build on. I have been told that there are 16 lots available to build on. For me, I usually spend on average about 1 week to build up a lot. So if you do the math, that gives me approximately 16 weeks of building. Is that worth paying $40 to me? I think not. I may purchase it at a later date if I see a really good sale. Also, I do look at several reviews of the EP to help me decide. I have heard both good and bad about it, and that has not really helped much from that perspective. I know that most of the polls on these forums are ambiguous and must be taken with a grain of salt, but as the poll stands right now, it looks like the average rating is about 7. If I was grading that as a teacher, that would be a 70%. In my school district, that is the minimum passing grade in any subject. Not really a great grade.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • xXDrewXxxXDrewXx Posts: 69 Member
    I think 7/8! I think adult pets should be sellable as well as puppies/kittens. Also, it can get annoying having to get the super negative moodlet when selling them or giving them for adoption as for some sims I act as if it's their job (I can delete the moodlet, but I'd have to use cheats) and there are a few little bugs .
    All in all I love the expansion and it's probably one of my favourite's! I love the pets and the extent of the coat customisation :p
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member

PROS:
    • There are a lot of sim-pet interactions.
    • CAP is awesome. :smile:
    • Pets are adorable, they have good animations and their own personalities. :love:
    • There are new things like the vet clinic and skills.
    • Brindleton Bay is a pretty neighborhood, I like it. :heart:
    • The new build objects are nice.
    • The pets feel more now like they are part of the family, in previous sims games they were kinda annoying after a while.

CONS:
    • The neighborhood is pretty but it is small IMO and there are a lot of empty spaces I wish I could use. :disappointed:
    • There are not a lot of pet objects compared to the sims 3 (if you include small pet and horse objects).
    • You can't control pets or see their needs and relationships, you just see what they do and that's it (I know that some people prefer it that way, but I like controlling everything in my game). :neutral:
    • There are not many pet-pet interactions and you can't do many things with puppies. :sweat:
    • The glitches and bugs which make the EP look unfinished and unpolished.
    • The game doesn't feel like a full EP... it feels more like something between a GP and an EP (an EGP? :lol:), I'm not sure it can keep me interested for a WHOLE year before the next EP arrives.

I'm glad pets is out, now the devs can move on to more important things and give us... WEATHER!!! I've never been a huge fan of pets anyway. But I like the new EP, I thought it was going to be a mess but it's ok lol. :tongue:
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    xXDrewXx wrote: »
    I think 7/8! I think adult pets should be sellable as well as puppies/kittens. Also, it can get annoying having to get the super negative moodlet when selling them or giving them for adoption as for some sims I act as if it's their job (I can delete the moodlet, but I'd have to use cheats) and there are a few little bugs .
    All in all I love the expansion and it's probably one of my favourite's! I love the pets and the extent of the coat customisation :p

Well, to be more precise, it was 7.4 at the time I made the post. The numbers have changed since that post and it really doesn’t matter because it’s not an official poll anyway. We were required to round to the nearest whole number when an assignment only had 10 choices, hence the 7.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    It's too early for me to judge how much I enjoy the pack so I haven't voted yet, I probably will in about a week. I'm not jumping directly into the new gameplay, I'm transitioning my current game into the new gameplay, so that takes a little time, at least the way I play it. But with what I have played so far, the one thing that immediately stands out, the personalities of the pets are exceptional, better than the sims themselves. Really excited to get more in depth experiences with this pack. Also Create a Pet is a lot of fun, I'm going to have so much fun creating companions for the characters I create.
  • Room1368Room1368 Posts: 2 New Member
    Please Please give my dogs water bowl and toilets :'(
    so, 5.
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited November 2017
    I gave it a 7.

I'll list my pros, cons and in-betweens for anyone who is still deciding whether to purchase.

Pros:
    • Create a Pet is thorough - tons of customization options, breed options, etc.
    • Pets have personality traits that matter in the game, as in their traits influence their behavior/actions; e.g. some pets learn quickly, some sleep by their owner/refuse to sleep in their beds, get obsessed with objects, etc.
    • Pets involuntarily interact with Sims more.
    • The Vet career is a nice change of pace that mirrors Dine Out, and introduces a fun side game/mini-game in trying to run the business and figure out pets' ailments.
    • Bridleton Bay is a beautiful neighborhood and lends itself to pets; it has areas for pets to play in/climb that are part of the world, and the lighthouse/docks are a nice touch (and are interactive, too!). The coastal theme of the world is beautiful and well done. Aesthetically, it's probably my favorite world thus far.

Neutrals:
    • Although Create a Pet is very well done, it's not something I personally value too much, and therefore isn't a huge feature for me.
    • Pet training is just OK, nothing special to me. You have the usual sit, stay, etc.
    • The new decorative items (wall posters, decals, wallpapers) are cute but nothing special.
    • The pet outfits that they included are cute but I wish there were more.
    • No horses, personally I don't really mind but I know many people do, especially as they were in TS3.
    • Some pets look very cute but some look too "blobby" for my taste - in that the fur is so big that it takes up the entire animal, and is untextured. It could just be my lower graphics, so I'm not sure if this is universal.
    • Pets are not controllable - to me, it adds an element of challenge and forces you to pay attention a little more, but on the other hand it would be nice to see their needs bar/age bar at least.

Cons:
    • There are not enough pet objects - beds, toys, bowls. We need more variety.
    • There are not enough things for pets to do. Pet careers, dog parks, jobs for pets, etc. would have been much welcome. There's the hunting interaction, but I don't find it too interesting.
    • Pets are too easily ignored - yes, you have to walk them and feed them, but other than that it's too easy to act like they're invisible. I'm not sure what the solution would be - maybe more moodlets that affect Sims, maybe more special interactions between Sims and pets. This has been a problem with all the Sims pets packs though.
    • Puppies and kittens seem underdeveloped - as in, not too many special interactions.
    • No small pets.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    me I vote 10 top of the line and best expansion pack yet
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    7!

The pets are adorable and have personalities, buuuut I wish there would have been an option to assign them careers.
    And although my game runs pretty fine so far, I keep reading about all the bugs and there seems to be a lot of them.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I'm waiting a few days. I haven't explored enough. HOWEVER, I am cooing at the cats and dogs and talking to them like they can hear me! LOL.

Pets take care of themselves much better then they did in TS3 plus I love the new coastal world,nautical items and cas.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I kind of regret I can’t see who voted what, because for me that matters concerning Sims 4. When one player hands out an 8 that’s got an entirely different meaning than when another one does it (same goes for the low figures: does an overall Sims 4 fan do that, or someone who didn’t even buy the pack and likes to troll a little). Really curious about the pack.
    (this is not meant as criticism towards this poll, I can see how anonymity can work in a poll as well, just a personal perspective)

JoAnne I gave it an 8 and I am definitely not a troll.

I like the pack a lot.The team did a really good job with this pack. The pets relate darn good to the real thing overall.
    I have had no problems with the pack either, so yes to me it warranted a solid 8 completely.
    The only reason I did not give it a 9 was no cushy pet beds, I thought dogs should have a bit more play interactions with the family member, as many noted especially the puppies. Young Pets need reward treats when they do something they are being taught, like potty training. Sims should be able to hold at least puppies and kittens cuddled on their laps - as all babies need cuddles. So for these reasons I went with an 8 instead of a 9.
    As for me giving a 10 - well 10's do not come easily from me - as I feel to get a 10 it has to be totally perfect in all respects and meet every expectation I would have. Is that even possible? lol.
    I did think it out as you can see.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I agree with @Writin_Reg that a 10 also for me would be almost impossible in such evaluations because it would indicate that I couldn’t really see any possible ways to improve the EP. So a 10 in such a voting as this one to me indicates either lack of imagination or that somebody must have other criteriums than me for giving such a perfect score ;)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I kind of regret I can’t see who voted what, because for me that matters concerning Sims 4. When one player hands out an 8 that’s got an entirely different meaning than when another one does it (same goes for the low figures: does an overall Sims 4 fan do that, or someone who didn’t even buy the pack and likes to troll a little). Really curious about the pack.
    (this is not meant as criticism towards this poll, I can see how anonymity can work in a poll as well, just a personal perspective)

JoAnne I gave it an 8 and I am definitely not a troll.

I like the pack a lot.The team did a really good job with this pack. The pets relate darn good to the real thing overall.
    I have had no problems with the pack either, so yes to me it warranted a solid 8 completely.
    The only reason I did not give it a 9 was no cushy pet beds, I thought dogs should have a bit more play interactions with the family member, as many noted especially the puppies. Young Pets need reward treats when they do something they are being taught, like potty training. Sims should be able to hold at least puppies and kittens cuddled on their laps - as all babies need cuddles. So for these reasons I went with an 8 instead of a 9.
    As for me giving a 10 - well 10's do not come easily from me - as I feel to get a 10 it has to be totally perfect in all respects and meet every expectation I would have. Is that even possible? lol.
    I did think it out as you can see.

You can't exactly put puppies and kittens on your lap, but you can pick them up and have your sim sit on the couch, which is the closest thing. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    edited November 2017
    Current stats as of now:
    - 62 votes
    - Mean: 7.2
    - Median (middle): 8
    - Mode (most votes): 8
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    The only thing I wish you could give your Cat and Dog a different types of meow/bark, maybe even allow dogs to meow, and cats to bark, just to be weird, and have walk styles.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    The only thing I wish you could give your Cat and Dog a different types of meow/bark, maybe even allow dogs to meow, and cats to bark, just to be weird, and have walk styles.

Good idea. When I was in CAP I searched for voice control before I realized it wasn't available. Deeper barks for certain breeds would be nice.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Good idea. When I was in CAP I searched for voice control before I realized it wasn't available. Deeper barks for certain breeds would be nice.

When I was in cap last night I used a voice control. I'm sure of it. I will have to check.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

You can alter the bark and miaow. It's where you select the pets gender and age.
    Yeah, voice control is there. You can make your large breeds sound like a chihuahua

• Saradomin50Saradomin50 Posts: 5 New Member
    Feels a bit empty. Really could've done with pet careers or at least controlling them. Felt that was a really horrible move. Sims isn't meant to be realistic, there's vampires and aliens for crying out loud.
  • ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't like the fact that we have no control over pets (like babies) we cant tell there needs or moods so how can we care for them? also very little content for pets. I vote 5
    Post edited by Parvati on