Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has The Sims 3 ever broke after update?

I have noticed that every time The Sims 4 updates - something breaks causing the game to be unplayable.

I have always wonder if that ever went like that with The Sims 3 after updating as I have never came across any problems back in those days with monthly updates causing the game to be unplayable?

I never seen such bombarded of bugs on the Sims 4 forum after patch day but again I never came across the Sims 3 forum (I can't believe I miss all those years)

For me, it seems unusual that The Sims 4 breaks after every update but again I never follow the Sims 3 forum back in the day...

Comments

• Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    edited November 2017
    I remember getting save errors, a long time ago (probably within the first year of the release), after a patch. They were later fixed. This was probably the worst bug TS3 got.

Also there was a bug when Supernatural was released which caused endless spawn of zombies, which was later fixed with a patch.

There was also an issue which prevented sims from getting married which I believe was fixed at a later patch. (I guess if it wasn't fixed I would've known lol)

There was a bug with the Level 10 racing skill animation with horses that came after 1.29 I think. I remember this very well because I used the patch in the DVD of Master Suite (1.28) instead of the latest version because my household had a lot of unicorns back in the day. This was later fixed in 1.42, after two stuff packs and one two expansion packs. (Edit: Just realised that there were two of them, Showtime and Supernatural)

These are all the bugs that I can recall which were serious to me for some degree. I am sure there was more than that, but probably not as bad as TS4 though.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    @berginon

The save error was a bug?! I never knew this but I have experienced this haha but it did save after the second round so I kind of thought that was just my computer being all silly!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Generally speaking, the EPs were launched with some serious flaws usually relevant to their added content that were then more or less fixed (if they were ever going to be) in a post-EP patch release. We didn't have monthly patch cycles back then. Occasionally a later patch would break something that an earlier one fixed and that would be a surprise. But I don't recall anything truly game-breaking coming about as a result of a patch except possibly as noted in the very early days of TS3.

Some of the "features" that the patches added along the way, such as the silly Seasons patch initial attraction scenarios and random calls for dates, are things that almost no one wanted but that would be a different story. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    @berginon

The save error was a bug?! I never knew this but I have experienced this haha but it did save after the second round so I kind of thought that was just my computer being all silly!

Save errors do still exist now, but they are usually the result of going over 4 GB ram usage, or not having enough space on the disk etc. What I meant there was way back in the day. Like when World Adventures was first released. It is also mentioned in the 1.8 patch notes which was released back in 15th December, 2009:
    -Added an auto recovery prompt to recover save games corrupted by the late "Error Code 16" bug.
    -Addressed a problem that could lead to a failed Error Code 16 save game.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes