Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2017
    @ciane All the last three are wonderful <3

A little something Christmas-y. I'll put up some pictures later - and I *promise* I'll upload it and the first one, too (dragging feet on that front).

^^ And now all done :)

24943290848_2d06a2398f_z.jpgChristmasCottageDay by Sue H, on Flickr

24950569258_cdaf737a91_z.jpgCarolersCottageCollage1 (1) by Sue H, on Flickr

24950577768_97ce357dff_z.jpgCarolersCottageCollage2 by Sue H, on Flickr

On the exchange: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9164735
    Post edited by suzses on
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Such a pretty little Christmasy holiday house. I love the fencing that you chose and the pop out sections on either side with their long windows. The flower box windows go perfectly there too. Those little evergreens and rose bushes frame the house nicely as well. I'm excited to see more.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

I've been a little slow on catching up here. Wow, a bunch of new ones!!

@snowdove58 Bridge View is wonderful!! I would have never thought those roof decorations would fit a small lot let alone two of the them <3
    I really like the colors and layout you came up with. This will go into my tiny town ASAP!

@ciane Beachcombers Cottage, like the garage door on the front. I was surprised to see the stereo inside :) and wow, two balconies on a super small build!
    Micro Modern is a good one too. I love that blue color in the bedroom. It's funny how much more room a few more squares gives.
    Whimsical Wisteria is a very imaginative building. I stared at the kitchen asking "where did she get that rack under the tv in the kitchen?" Then it came to me, very clever of you <3
    She backed the bakers station up into the wall so the back of it disappeared!

@suzses I can't wait to see more of that darling Christmas house! Now I want to make one too :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Ta-Da! After much delay, I finally have a contribution to the tiny house challenge.

This is my Tiny Cake House. link

ocTeXZr.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, my goal was to make a handicap accessible home. This meant no ladders. So no lofts, loft style beds, etc. I needed an elevator and traditional furniture. The elevator required 8 squares just to itself, so I bent the rules a bit and worked my 16 squares around that space. With that layout it became 18 squares and 4 triangles. This gave me 19 build-able squares, plus a bonus of 4 open squares on each floor in front of the elevator doors. But, I took a couple squares away on each floor with the placement of my fridge, bookshelf and chest of drawers, bringing me back to 17.5 squares per floor.

I could have used an all-in-one toilet, but opted to create a lavette on the second floor and an open shower in the bedroom. I'm kind of glad that I lost my interior design, because I'm happier with what I did the second time around. Also, the exterior has grown on me and I find it more appealing. Definitely just a touch of landscaping would go a long way, but I pretty much filled the 10x10 lot, so not much to do with that unless you place it on a larger lot to play. Which I definitely see myself doing.

Originally I brought the highlight color from each floor into the interior, which I've maintained on the first and second floors. But white on the third floor lost out to the blue sky theme. A purest would not have gone this way, but being three stories up and imagining the resident being quirky this theme just seemed better suited to the build.

So, here are some pics.
    Back of house:

noZfCCT.jpg

First floor: The fridge is tucked in next to the elevator in the back. There is no allowance for a desk in the house, so I assume the Sim would have a laptop and use the kitchen table.

iUXWU8A.jpg

6AUxgal.jpg

Second floor: Here the bookshelf is using the same space as the fridge. I chose not to include a television, although in the earlier version there was one in the corner next to the lavette door. The large open arch on the back wall presumes that he house in in a temperate climate. Or, that it has magical properties to block any unpleasant weather.

4iOfUhP.jpg

3pw0xOJ.jpg

The second floor lavette

XMlg7Mc.jpg

Third floor: And here the chest of drawers is using the same space as the bookshelf.

8AKz6sO.jpg

qVmZoY6.jpg

And a downward view of the third floor with a slightly better view of the shower. I chose to use the public shower, so the Sim will always shower in their bathing attire, but I like the aesthetics of the open area.

pzuIRWc.jpg

I guess my next skill to work on is to get the resolution of my posted pics down to reduce their screen size. It just seems appropriate with tiny houses. B)
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    I love the shape and look of a cake! I love the use of those window seats and the big open window is lovely too. Your layout is great and quite roomy. I thought you were using the ITF elevator at first as it only sits on one tile and needs just one tile in front of the door. Using the big elevators is quite a feat! You got a lot in! BTW, did you know that there is one recolor option of that bed that doesn't use the patchwork pattern and is totally recolorable? (It's the black option and I use it all the time. I love that bed!) Great job!
    edited December 2017
    Caroler's Cottage post updated with more pictures and a download link ^
    (And, yes, I'll do Mocha Micro this week, too.)

Yummy cake there, @Jude525 . You did a great job of getting a lot of things in there.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    That's a lovely little house! :) It's making me think, though I tend to play families instead of single sims. I do have a few smaller houses, but none quite that small. Even though one's a converted first attempt at a bakery. think it's on a 20x10 lot.
    image.png
    Oh, very nice coloring and layout and furniture choices. I love it, @suzses!
    @ciane, I considered the ITF tube elevator, but was seeing a bit of a magicky/gingerbread cottage theme in my head at the beginning. Some of that held true, though not as strongly as I first envisioned it. The tube elevator seemed too futuristic. Although it could have been considered magical, I then remembered the learning curve of using it, and THAT ruled it out. I did not want a person with mobility challenges being dumped on their plum!

But, it does provide an interesting option for modifying it to accommodate a couple or a pair of roomies. Swapping out the NL elevator for the tube makes a lot more space and, importantly, allows a double bed or two singles. It then steps a little away from the challenge, but that was more for me to build than for anyone who wants to play the house. I also encourage anyone who uses it to place it on a larger lot and add landscaping. I'd love to see what happens with that and plan to do that myself at some point.

Thanks for the heads up on the bed recolor! The rooms' color scheme actually followed the bed and might have gone another way had I known about that option. Not that I feel any urge to go back and redo it. I'm quite pleased with how it came out.

@suzses - YOU GOT A TREE IN THERE! Great Odin's beard, that's amazing! And the house makes me think; maybe a whole town of Christmas houses? With eternal winter? Not for a home lot, but for building a vacation home using the NRaas Traveler mod. What a great way to celebrate Snowflake Day. And you don't have to go into build mode to put up, then take down, the seasonal decorations. Maybe do the same for a Spooky Day town. Heck, finally get some use from Midnight Hollow.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited December 2017
    Got every wonderful tiny house Rec'D !!!! Finished my second named Eco Shelter. Give Me Shelter was the original name but upload problems had me changing it several times. Got to wondering if someone at EA didnt like the Stones :#
    link to upload- https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9164864
    link to screens- https://snowdovessims3space.blogspot.com/2017/12/

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-20.jpg
    Oh, it has a basement too! Nice! I LOVE the rain barrels and all the eco-friendly things going on. The fruit trees outside and the veggies in a greenhouse as well as your back to back solar panels are just too prefect! I am excited to play your lot in my game and give the poor guy a better water-efficient washer (though in real life, I often tell my washer "deep water wash" just so I have enough water in there to add the liquid soap!)
    Finally got around to adding a download link for Mocha Micro. It's back on the original post on page 2 of this thread.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    YOU GOT A TREE IN THERE! Great Odin's beard, that's amazing! And the house makes me think; maybe a whole town of Christmas houses? With eternal winter? Not for a home lot, but for building a vacation home using the NRaas Traveler mod. What a great way to celebrate Snowflake Day. And you don't have to go into build mode to put up, then take down, the seasonal decorations. Maybe do the same for a Spooky Day town. Heck, finally get some use from Midnight Hollow.

Hi @Jude525 I saw your post a while ago as I was about to dash out the door for work (late *cough*) and never got back here to comment. Love your ideas for Christmas and Spooky Day towns to visit via Traveler. And yes, a Christmas house must have a tree. My house is a little on the big side for this challenge, but it was designed to get in the mandatory tree.

I'd love it if some others would make us some tiny holiday houses, wouldn't you?
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    Just catching up on all my recs for these amazing little houses. They're so cute and creative every single one if them :)
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @Rockleyfamily LOL I see you've posted both here and the cabin contest thread. Interestingly, I've been considering making one of my cabins into a tiny home for here! :mrgreen:

(Also, thank you!)
    @creativemetaphor - Cabin contest?????
    aka Jude

My Studio

Aricarai is hosting a cabin building/sim making challenge in the gift giving forum.
    Thanks.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Rockleyfamily LOL I see you've posted both here and the cabin contest thread. Interestingly, I've been considering making one of my cabins into a tiny home for here! :mrgreen:

(Also, thank you!)

That's a really cool idea, sounds tricky but it would look lovely when it's done. :)
    Yeh I don't get on here often so when I do I catch up on the threads I've bookmarked. End up posting on loads of threads in a row haha :)
  • Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    I love these! May I build & share one?
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I love these! May I build & share one?

Of course you can!! The more the merrier :)
    YES! I will love seeing more tiny homes!
  • Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    edited January 2018
    Post edited by Fireheart2010 on
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

I love it! Are you going to upload it and share the link?
    Love it Fireheart, love that you could fit a garden into it too. :)