Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game not working after C&D Download.

My game was working fine yesterday perfectly fine. But ever since downloading cats and dogs it hasn't been working. It loads up like normal and goes to the main screen but once on there, if I click "New game" the screen changes and goes white and stays that way and the curser is a pencil. If I click to play one of my previous games it goes in and then once I enter my lot and my family becomes completely un-clickable. I can't even see the bottom of the screen where I would click to speed up or pause, and also it won't let me access any needs. The same goes for clicking pretty much anything. The only option it gives me is to return to world mode but when clicking it nothing happens. The options button in the corner is unclickable, even hitting ctrl shift c to open the cheats screen doesn't work. I don't know what to do... I really was excited to play the game but its not working...

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

This is a llink to a list of some of the broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017#latest
  • JessicaSmilezJessicaSmilez Posts: 50 Member
    Would there be any difference before downloading pets? Because I played earlier in the day yesterday, just a few hours before downloading pets and everything is fine so if my CC was broken wouldn't it have effected the patch from earlier in the day? I will try that though. I played without my MCC cheat yesterday though but since it had been updated I downloaded it. I'll definitely check to see if that is the cause too...Will keep posted about it. Currently loading it up first I just want to see if changing it to fullscreen from windowed mode will help at all.
    The mods /cc may have been broken by Cats and Dogs game files codes. It is best to test to see if mods/cc may be the cause, to either rule in or rule out it causing the issues,
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Would there be any difference before downloading pets? Because I played earlier in the day yesterday, just a few hours before downloading pets and everything is fine so if my CC was broken wouldn't it have effected the patch from earlier in the day? I will try that though. I played without my MCC cheat yesterday though but since it had been updated I downloaded it. I'll definitely check to see if that is the cause too...Will keep posted about it. Currently loading it up first I just want to see if changing it to fullscreen from windowed mode will help at all.

There's definitely CC that's broken with the pack but not with the patch this time around. Be especially suspicious of anything animals can go on or under - beds, counters, sofas...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Okay so I definitely found out some of my mods were broken and have since then removed those. Now I'm currently loading up the game to see if that helps. If not I'm going to have to remove my cc and then slowly add stuff back in to see whats working and what isn't.
    So after removing some of the broken mods that were in my game its working. I haven't tested out "New game" but I went into my loaded family and it seems to be working fine. I also put it under fullscreen mode as well but I'm pretty sure it was one of my broken mods. I'll definitely update if "New game" is working as well.
  • lovelace_simslovelace_sims Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having a similar problem. My game loads fine, but it wont let me do any interactions with my pets and just cancels itself. I use cc and mods but not had a problem before this x
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I am having a similar problem. My game loads fine, but it wont let me do any interactions with my pets and just cancels itself. I use cc and mods but not had a problem before this x

Some CC and mods are not compatible with the pack itself. You can see what some of those are here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1 For others, it's trial and error to figure it out. If you do identify any I haven't listed yet as broken or updated, please do let me know over there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • julesgaddyjulesgaddy Posts: 1 New Member
    my game is working fine since I got cats and dogs but there is a small issue obviously. My cas and cap isn't working. the screen loads and the sim is there but nothing else is and I can't get out of it unless I restart my computer. I removed all the mods and cc from the folder and went into the game and it worked fine but then I put them back in and it stopped working again. I went through all my cc and removed some sketchy things. This happened after the recent patch. I went through my download history and removed anything I downloaded post update and it still isn't working. Please help me!
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    julesgaddy wrote: »
    my game is working fine since I got cats and dogs but there is a small issue obviously. My cas and cap isn't working. the screen loads and the sim is there but nothing else is and I can't get out of it unless I restart my computer. I removed all the mods and cc from the folder and went into the game and it worked fine but then I put them back in and it stopped working again. I went through all my cc and removed some sketchy things. This happened after the recent patch. I went through my download history and removed anything I downloaded post update and it still isn't working. Please help me!

You need to do the 50/50 method with all items in your mods folder. If the games works without mods, it's obviously a broken mod or mods. Testing all your mods, half each time, until you've tested all to find the broken ones. And, to save you some time, UI cheats needs updated. 90% of mods need updating after the recent patch(s). Patches and packs always can break mods. Regardless if they worked prior. It's always best to test mods each patch or pack release.
  • BonBonBonBon Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello
    After updating all of the CC objects is missing in all Sims, in settings that included additional content.
  • Sims4Princess01Sims4Princess01 Posts: 3 New Member
    I accidently download some sims 2 cc because I thought it was sims 4 cc! I managed to delete it but it wont let me play. Please help!!!!
    edited November 2017
    I accidently download some sims 2 cc because I thought it was sims 4 cc! I managed to delete it but it wont let me play. Please help!!!!

Hello @Sims4Princess01
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder that is in the Documents - Electronic Arts - sims 4 folder and test to see if the issues remain.