Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet Adoption Doesn't Work

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    Do you have any mods
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    > @Rachksnap said:
    > I couldn't adopt, either. I used the computer and an agent showed up and just stood there for like a week doing nothing. He didn't bring the pet with him and he wouldn't go away even after I reset him with a cheat. I tried restarting the game, tried it with a different household etc and nothing. I have no mods on my game or anything like that so I know that's not the reason. In the end I just had to make a pet in create a sim. -_-

Did you patch your game this month there are 2 both had some fixes and script additions to this EP
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I created a new household with a teenager and 3 pets, moved them into a house then went to manage worlds and transferred just the pets I wanted between households. It's crazy but it works.
    After that in another house after I remembered the "hire a service" for adoption (funny there is not mention of that in the lessons) I adopted 2 cats and waited, then I noticed it said someone in the household just did something and it was one of the pets names, I located the sim, the pets were there and I clicked "friendly introduction" and "adopt pet" on both animals, the adoption happened then the lady showed up and then left.
    Hope this helps someone.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Try to reset the sim trying to call
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Just wanted to give a heads up-I think I just managed to fix this in my game. I had the same issue described above (adoption agent arrived with no animal or crate and just stood outside the house), along with my Sims not even being able to hire a service or being able to eat.

After some googling, I found a post on EA's help site saying that apparently all 2 and 3 seat CC couches are broken. I removed all of them, and the same family was able to adopt (as well as eat) without a problem. I know that previous posts had said they didn't have any mods, but if you have any CC sofas or loveseats try removing them and see if it helps.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    If you don't want to adopt you can use the testing cheats/full edit mode option to create your own pet in CAS.
  • Options
    RachksnapRachksnap Posts: 3 New Member
    @Loucifer yeah, I've patched my game and also I have no CC, either.
  • Options
    Foxley828 Foxley828 Posts: 40 Member
    I too had a problem with this but.. I'm not sure if it was self inflicted. Yesterday at a different lot I successfully adopted a pet via the computer.
    Today I tried to adopt a pet via my phone - and the guy turned up without a pet. I just logged back to main menu and reloaded the game and the puppy was there on the grass but as soon as i adopted it .. it disappeared. So I ended up here.. and read the post about unlocking the door. I unlocked the door. The man ran into the house and produced a pet carrier great I thought! That was it! .. Only .. there was no pet.. Then he produced another Carrier.. but still no pet appeared. I tried to delete the pet carrier - can't do that. So I tried deleting the adoption guy (via MCC Command Centre ((which I know isn't causing a problem because I have been using it from day 1)). He disappeared but the pet carriers stayed. So I tried evicting my Sim... came back to same lot but still two carriers there. Seemed caught in a perpetual adoption event that I couldn't end.
    I tried evicting again - same thing two carriers there. So I tried bulldozing the lot (good job it was a new house with hardly anything in it!). The house disappeared but left one carrier suspended in mid air. Now I had a lot in the new world with a pet carrier permanently stamped on it! I could see it just hanging around there in mid air on manage worlds. So I moved my Sim off the lot - went back in and rebuldozed the lot .. Viola! the pet carrier disappeared. I've just moved him back onto the lot to see what happens so i'll take it from there.

It did strike me though that the guy has to unload the pet in the house not in the garden - so make sure door is unlocked before you adopt!
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    > @Rachksnap said:
    > @Loucifer yeah, I've patched my game and also I have no CC, either.

Okay all working for me now hope same for u
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I created a new household with a teenager and 3 pets, moved them into a house then went to manage worlds and transferred just the pets I wanted between households. It's crazy but it works.
    After that in another house after I remembered the "hire a service" for adoption (funny there is not mention of that in the lessons) I adopted 2 cats and waited, then I noticed it said someone in the household just did something and it was one of the pets names, I located the sim, the pets were there and I clicked "friendly introduction" and "adopt pet" on both animals, the adoption happened then the lady showed up and then left.
    Hope this helps someone.
  • Options
    LazeeDragonLazeeDragon Posts: 5 New Member
    Ok i have a quick question when on the phone to adopt clicking on them some have an odd symbol it is on the bottom of the info for the pet...does this mean they are fixed?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I don't have CC sofas and I don't have any mods which could cause the problem.. and my door is unlock. But the service sim is just standing there non-endlessly knocking
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    rubahluba wrote: »
    When the agent shows up with the animal, you have to actually click on the animal and select adopt. Seems silly to me. Is there no way to create-a-pet?
    It is not silly. If a player does not want to adopt, they can just not click the pet. And to create a pet you have to go into create a pet.
  • Options
    cherrycokecherrycoke Posts: 1 New Member
    Guys, I’ve figured it out (at least for me) you have to bring the adoption agent inside, I don’t know why, then he will bring out a crate and show you the pet. Then you can select the pet and click adopt. (Cost 200) To get the agent in your house, unlock the front door, if it’s locked, talk to the agent, click on the agent, click more choices, click actions, click add to group. Then, click on the floor somewhere in your house and click go here together. The agent will then bring out the crate.
  • Options
    DreamzInPinkDreamzInPink Posts: 40 Member
    Ugh. This is not working for me. The agent has been to my house 4 times. Never a crate. I always bring her inside. (Why is there only sometimes an 'invite in' option?) I thought maybe I had to become friends with her or something, so I've always chatted with her. Very frustrating. What's the point of the EP if it doesn't even work??

I have no mods or cc.
  • Options
    VuketteVukette Posts: 1 New Member
    The adoption agent did not set down the carrier for me until I selected the action to end the adoption process and then cancelled the action from the queue. Hope this helps others
  • Options
    celyVcelyV Posts: 2 New Member
    I had the same problem, the adoption agent came and set down the carrier but with no dogs appearing. I then searched through the entire house and discovered that the dogs were in my basement (first floor actually, but I only use the second floor for living) which didn't have doors or lights so I couldn't even see them in the dark if it wasn't for the windows. So I had to place a door and lights to get through them and then adopt.
    Maybe some of you had the same problem, that the pets actually appeared somewhere else in the house.
  • Options
    GaryVGaryV Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same problem. The adoption person walked in my front door and through my house then waited outside my back door and would not come in. In the process of checking if my doors were locked I found that my front door wasn't actually The Front Door. I clicked it and set it to be the actual front door and called for the adoption again and it worked like a charm. If you have this problem it's possible that it has something to do with your door setups - check them. Mine were wrong. This could explain why it works for some when they adopt in to a different home then their main characters house.

Detailed description:
    My problem occurred in the stock 2 story Spanish house in Oasis Springs on the 40x30 lot. They (Origin) have messed up the doors on this house. Click your front door and set it to be the proper front door and problem goes away. Good luck!
  • Options
    OwMyOwMy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, old thread but for anyone wondering still; Unlock your door. :disappointed:
  • Options
    OnlystonzOnlystonz Posts: 2 New Member
    Old thread and not sur if this has been aid but I just had the same issue and resolved by making sure my door was unlocked AND there was enough room in the interior of my house for a 4x4 animal carrier to be placed down by the adoption agent so that the pets could arrive at this property in the first place. One they’re on the premises you have the option to click on said animal/s and adopt them individually
  • Options
    OnlystonzOnlystonz Posts: 2 New Member
    *said
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Going to close this one off as it's been inactive since December. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top