Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet Adoption Doesn't Work

So I had my Sim use the phone to adopt a pet. I picked the one I wanted and nothing happened....

Comments

• JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    How long have you waited? Sim Supply did an adoption on YouTube and after he called he had to wait a few minutes and then someone came by with a puppy and stayed around to conduct a house interview
  • YsgawenYsgawen Posts: 5 New Member
    I've tried twice. Each time, the adoption agent appeared without the animal. The agent hangs around for hours, uninterested in the house or the people and no animal turns up.
  • rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
    Yes, that is exactly what happened. So I went to a different household and didn't have any trouble adopting a pet. Then I just transferred the dog to the other household. What a pain
    When the agent shows up with the animal, you have to actually click on the animal and select adopt. Seems silly to me. Is there no way to create-a-pet?
    All animals just turned up together, long after the adoption agent left
    Sadly, without the adoption agent, there is no option to adopt, so all three animals disappeared as soon as my Sim approached them.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2017
    Strange. I adopted a kitten with no issue. They bring a crate and the animal runs around your place and then you decide whether to adopt. The adoption agent came almost instantly after the call too. Maybe mod conflict?
    Post edited by alan650111 on
    I don't have any mods but I did have a teenager use the adopt option. Maybe that had something to do with it, I'm not sure. But the only way for me to get a pet was to transfer from another household.
    I moved my Sims to Brindleton Bay and adoption worked immediately there. Maybe a glitch with their lot. Anyway, they now have their dogs.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Strange. I adopted a kitten with no issue. They bring a crate and it runs around your place and then decide. The adoption agent came almost instantly after the call too. Maybe mod conflict?

good for you. but what is this person supposed to do if they cant adpot a pet how would you feel if you could not adpot a pet in the game.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I have just tried the adoption and is work fine for my game
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Maybe try resetting your sims 4 folder? I know sometimes with new expansions, especially one with this much change, you have to give it a little nudge. I have so far been able to adopt just fine.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Ysgawen wrote: »
    I've tried twice. Each time, the adoption agent appeared without the animal. The agent hangs around for hours, uninterested in the house or the people and no animal turns up.

@Ysgawen Did you make sure your front door is unlocked? Same thing happened to me and she was just standing on the front step for a long time....then I realized that I had locked the front door to keep the toddler inside...as soon as I unlocked the door, the adoption process proceeded.
  • ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    I had a problem when I first tried to adopt, two craters showed up, I decided to adopt the kitten, gave him a name and then he disappeared, I don't know why, I adopted another kitten later and a dog and it was okay.
  • RachksnapRachksnap Posts: 3 New Member
    I couldn't adopt, either. I used the computer and an agent showed up and just stood there for like a week doing nothing. He didn't bring the pet with him and he wouldn't go away even after I reset him with a cheat. I tried restarting the game, tried it with a different household etc and nothing. I have no mods on my game or anything like that so I know that's not the reason. In the end I just had to make a pet in create a sim. -_-
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Strange. I adopted a kitten with no issue. They bring a crate and it runs around your place and then decide. The adoption agent came almost instantly after the call too. Maybe mod conflict?

good for you. but what is this person supposed to do if they cant adpot a pet how would you feel if you could not adpot a pet in the game.

Calm your attitude. I was trying to be helpful by asking whether they have mods. People need to realize that all it takes is one bad mod to mess up certain features.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    ea can't know what mods you have so is best too run a clean game without mods or cc and them back one by one and test for broken ones.
    My game was not mods that prevented me from adopting but cc items.
    Bol756 wrote: »

Custom content and mods are pretty much the same thing. They are content added that EA didn't create. Custom content has a lesser chance usually of conflicting with the game but since they did so many changes with pets the custom content broke more things than it normally does.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I too, had an issue with adoption, until I figured out that I needed to click on the pet and agree to adopt it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Bol756 wrote: »

Do you happen to know which ones?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    kids worlds conjoto lucy items seem too be the ones
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    It's not working for me either. The service person shows up with the crate & pet. I click the pet to adopt....and I name the animal & my Sim got the moodlet for adopting but the pet wasn't added to the household. Very, very strange.
    Very odd. So it worked successfully in another household. Just tried it again though in the original household that I was having the issue with. Tired to adopt a cat this time....adoption agent shows up outside my house with no animal, no crate. Stands there all day and night. No pet.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top