Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I've had the litter box bug too, but going to the main menu fixed it.

And just a heads up : be weary of accepting to go to the opera at 8 o'clock. I think the last patch might've broken that part. After my game froze for 1 minute, I could not get my sim to do anything. She unglitched when the sim who invited her said she had to leave. I was playing in an apartment at the time, and the neighbors were also coming in and out without being invited. One stayed there all day, and I could not ask her to leave. Again, going to the main menu fixed this.
  • ZachInMemoryZachInMemory Posts: 3 New Member
    I am also having the place loveseat issue and I also cannot walk my dog. Every time I chose that my sim walks up to the dog and then they both just glitch and stop. And I also can't play with my pets on the couch. :(
  • ZachInMemoryZachInMemory Posts: 3 New Member
    I also can't bathe my dogs!!!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I also can't bathe my dogs!!!

I think it might be your computer, I can do all of the things you mentioned, so I doubt it’s a game bug.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Cheekybits wrote: »

If you continue to tell the dogs to do stuff then they learn it and do it on they're own exp I feel you tell your dog to pee outside they learn how too.
    Maxis needs to improve the pets AI. My mom cat didn't eat for two days and my kitten hasn't slept for two days. The kitten hasn't slept at all, not even a cat nap.

This is what I'm talking about. I understand potty training in a specific place, or eating/ not eating specific things, however currently pets do just sometimes not take care of their most basic needs in ANY way until you direct them.

I like the game, but this was very overwhelming. I mean sure it makes sense to train your dog to pee outside, but if their bladder is about to explode they might as well just pee inside.
    I had a household with 2 toddlers and 3 dogs... I had to stop. I’ll try again , cause today I’m just really playing around with CAs.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    The only bug I've encountered is after having my pet neutered and they've had the cone on they get the "scared of/uncomfortable" moodlet, after asking what was wrong I find that I can't comfort the pet. This has been 24 in-game hrs after removing the cone and no comfort option has come up for either of my adult sims.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • lkreciclkrecic Posts: 15 New Member
    I have a vet clinic now, and there is a patient cat and it's owner on my lot, but I have no option to accept the pet as a patient. The owner is just standing outside the clinic stuck in an idle animation. All mods and CC is removed -- I'm running on base game and I have no option to help the pets other than speak to them (but no option to accept the pet as a patient).
  • colescoles Posts: 10 New Member
    My sim's dog has been "uncomfortable" ever since going to the vet for a checkup - and there doesn't seem to be anything my sim can do about it. It has been over 24 sim hours and the dog is still whining.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    lkrecic wrote: »
    I have a vet clinic now, and there is a patient cat and it's owner on my lot, but I have no option to accept the pet as a patient. The owner is just standing outside the clinic stuck in an idle animation. All mods and CC is removed -- I'm running on base game and I have no option to help the pets other than speak to them (but no option to accept the pet as a patient).

Have you tried resetting the sim using testingcheats on?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    > @halloweenchild said:
    > lkrecic wrote: »
    >
    > I have a vet clinic now, and there is a patient cat and it's owner on my lot, but I have no option to accept the pet as a patient. The owner is just standing outside the clinic stuck in an idle animation. All mods and CC is removed -- I'm running on base game and I have no option to help the pets other than speak to them (but no option to accept the pet as a patient).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you tried resetting the sim using testingcheats on?

Not yet. I just closed shop, went home, and going to finish the day and see if it clears up for tomorrow.
    Looks like there was a problem with the vet build I got from the community. No one could get to the check-in kiosk. I used a different build and they were able to check in fine.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @samemie sorry I really cant recall.
  • RobeyRobey Posts: 11 New Member
    My CAS seems to have an issue where the rotating arrows, one is under the items box. I don't have CC or mods at all.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    For the couch issue, it is a CC thing. Until a batch fix comes out go to Manage Worlds and come back again to see your sofas and loveseats.
  • JoycentricityJoycentricity Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm currently having a problem with breeding my dog, my sim's dog is a female adult and I've been encouraging her to breed with my sim's friend's dog that is an adult male. They just growl at each other everytime and never once did I see the pets interact with each other. I've tried the "be friendly to" action but still, nothing :/
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited November 2017
    Guys do you know if it is normal that a kitten who has the lazy trait does literally not move from the spot? He sits there all day on one spot or very little to go to the litter box but that's about it. He was so cute, but it seems I have to pick him up and bring him everywhere LOL
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    - Food bowls disappear after leaving the lot.
    Example: you buy a new shiny food bowl for your doggy, place it in the kitchen, leave the lot to go to a park/cafe/anywhere, you come back, and the bowl is gone and you have to buy a new one. As a result you end up spending a lot of money.
    @SimGuruNick I tested it without any mods. It's an actual in game bug.

Have you tried filling the food bowl and call your pets to eat from it before you leave the lot? My pet bowl stay where it was after I travelled my sim to the vet to buy treats and when we got home the pet bowl is still there.

The Sims Game
  • ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    Hm, I went to the vet with the dog, and got a preventative shot against diseases; now the dog is constantly in red and when I ask him what's wrong the answer is that he's afraid of something :/ Did the shot make my dog chronically depressed? If so, there should be a warning that this is a potential side-effect (half-jesting here, anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? Will it pass at some point?).
  • ashynvashynv Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a vet clinic. My sim is a level 10 Vet. She cannot Bill Owner after giving treatment. She used to be able too ( and maybe can 1/10), but now she really can't and I don't get any money unless they are billed. I logged out and I am running base game. Her husband though helps out sometimes and he can bill the owner. I don't even have the option on the human anymore for her though, just on the pet which says bill owner but it doesn't work.
  • MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited November 2017
    I've primarily been playing at the vet's office running it. So far I've noticed animals and my sim resetting after the first initial time hopping onto the exam table. Once I click examine the second time they seem to be fine, but they know longer have visible symptoms.

Another thing is my waiting room looks like a disaster half the time. Almost as soon as EVERY SINGLE pet walks in the door they use the bathroom or vomit. I know it should be happening but I don't think it should be so often where even when my vacuum is running there is 2-3 messes on the floor every time I come out to get a new patient.

I don't know if it is a glitch or they simply didn't think to add it but you can't take over the exam from your employee. Say the owner is at a 1-2 star and you wanna take it over to improve it you can't. You have to call their attention away and then click on the pet to start the exam over but you can check their chart and figure out what the employee found out.

Another thing is there is no way to know in what order patients came in. The employees seem to know but I haven't found a way to figure out the order without watching the door.
    Majestyk wrote: »
    I've primarily been playing at the vet's office running it. So far I've noticed animals and my sim resetting after the first initial time hopping onto the exam table. Once I click examine the second time they seem to be fine.

Another thing is my waiting room looks like a disaster half the time. Almost as soon as EVERY SINGLE pet walks in the door they use the bathroom or vomit. I know it should be happening but I don't think it should be so often where even when my vacuum is running there is 2-3 messes on the floor every time I come out to get a new patient.

I don't know if it is a glitch or they simply didn't think to add it but you can't take over the exam from your employee. Say the owner is at a 1-2 star and you wanna take it over to improve it you can't. You have to call their attention away and then click on the pet to start the exam over but you can check their chart and figure out what the employee found out.

Another thing is there is no way to know in what order patients came in. The employees seem to know but I haven't found a way to figure out the order without watching the door.

That's odd, in the livestream there was a number appearing above the visitor's head that showed what number they were in line. If I don't recall completely wrong.
    I've primarily been playing at the vet's office running it. So far I've noticed animals and my sim resetting after the first initial time hopping onto the exam table. Once I click examine the second time they seem to be fine.

That's odd, in the livestream there was a number appearing above the visitor's head that showed what number they were in line. If I don't recall completely wrong.

The number I see over their head is usually their rating. 1-5 stars if I'm not mistaken.
    Another is that the modify relationship cheat no longer works.
    Okay, seems like that preventative shot really did make my dog chronically anxious. He's in red all the time now, and at the moment I worry he's trying to drown himself in the pool, cause he won't get out :/ I really, really regret that visit to the vet! Don't accept the vaccine, guys, it'll make your pet chronically ill! (Half-jesting, seriously wondering what's up with that preventative shot)
    I've primarily been playing at the vet's
    The number I see over their head is usually their rating. 1-5 stars if I'm not mistaken.

Ah, then I totally misunderstood that.
    Huh, that's kinda plum then. Have you tried pressing the thing they sign in on? Maybe you can get like a "accept next patient" type option.
    I tried that as well. Only has the option to stop accepting new patients (walkins). Tried clicking on my son as well but that didn't seem to give any useful option either.