Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I notice a lot of glitches/bugs.
  • Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    I don't know if this is a bug, but has anyone successfully breeded their dog yet? I have pressed that command about 5x (all with a day in between) and the female dog is still not pregnant! I even have that breeding lot trait on my house. :(
  • Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    Chomper88 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a bug, but has anyone successfully breeded their dog yet? I have pressed that command about 5x (all with a day in between) and the female dog is still not pregnant! I even have that breeding lot trait on my house. :(

It took my dogs about 3 tries but with couple of days apart. Maybe female shoud have those flying hearts around her to get pregnant. They tried for puppies only on "those days" so idk :lol:
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I don't know if this issue was already mentioned, but somehow all interactions are lagging, I call my pets they don' react, I try to pet a cat that does something else, like strays jumping on objects etc and it takes minutes for my Sim to have the interaction queued but never executed. Does anybody have this problem as well? I have all mods that i used updated right now. However I DO have CC like clothes, eyes, skins etc. Could these make trouble? If so why? it's just clothes etc right? Hair etc.

I have the same issue only I have no mods so idk. Maybe it is sim cap? Mine is set to 200 there is about 160+ sims in my game currently. weh..

The 200 isn't a total population of the save cap; it's a cap on how many Sims can be in your "My Households" culling-protected section. The overall cap of the game is now 575.

There are a few things you can try if you're struggling with performance issues: Turn your graphics settings lower and play in windowed mode, for example. See if smaller households and lots make a difference. It's possible that you're playing a bit beyond what your computer wants to do.

@Tanja1986 There's a lot of furniture this time that's been affected by the pack - beds, counters, sofas...

The issue is not performance related.

It is the delay in response to a pet from an adult sim, If i tell my sim to interact with the cat in some way, they just stand there waiting and the cat just walks off into where ever he wants, and my sim stands and stand and waits and eventually just cancels the action and goes to do other stuff, however this is not the case for children or toddlers, it seems to work fine for them, and my sim has no issue interacting with other sims, just pets.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I don't know if this issue was already mentioned, but somehow all interactions are lagging, I call my pets they don' react, I try to pet a cat that does something else, like strays jumping on objects etc and it takes minutes for my Sim to have the interaction queued but never executed. Does anybody have this problem as well? I have all mods that i used updated right now. However I DO have CC like clothes, eyes, skins etc. Could these make trouble? If so why? it's just clothes etc right? Hair etc.

I have the same issue only I have no mods so idk. Maybe it is sim cap? Mine is set to 200 there is about 160+ sims in my game currently. weh..

The 200 isn't a total population of the save cap; it's a cap on how many Sims can be in your "My Households" culling-protected section. The overall cap of the game is now 575.

There are a few things you can try if you're struggling with performance issues: Turn your graphics settings lower and play in windowed mode, for example. See if smaller households and lots make a difference. It's possible that you're playing a bit beyond what your computer wants to do.

@Tanja1986 There's a lot of furniture this time that's been affected by the pack - beds, counters, sofas...

It is the delay in response to a pet from an adult sim, If i tell my sim to interact with the cat in some way, they just stand there waiting and the cat just walks off into where ever he wants, and my sim stands and stand and waits and eventually just cancels the action and goes to do other stuff, however this is not the case for children or toddlers, it seems to work fine for them, and my sim has no issue interacting with other sims, just pets.

Is this true in all households, with all adults and cats? (I can't replicate - I've had no issues like that.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Is this true in all households, with all adults and cats? (I can't replicate - I've had no issues like that.)

Tried it with 2 different households, one of them was from a completely New game that I started! But as soon as I click on a dog or anything outside the interaction takes ages to continue! There was a whining stray outside who was obviously sick and I tried clicking on him to check what's wrong. But my Sim would never perform this interaction, it stick there and only resetting the Sim fixed it until I clicked again on the dog...

edited November 2017

Okay I have chosen another household to play with their pet, I think i know what the issue is/was, the cat I had was adopted as a stray, I found it and adopted it from the street, it was the one I had all the issues with, however in my other household with their cat that I added manually via merge family, is completely fluid with no issues, so idk, it might have to do with adopting a stray.

I will do some more testing and see if my adopted cat is still causing long wait times when play with that family again, I will also try restarting my game if he is still causing issues.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    however in my other household with their cat that I added manually via merge family, is completely fluid with no issues, so idk, it might have to do with adopting a stray.

That is interesting, because it did indeed happen with stray animals! One dog who as stray and one cat who was stray and adopted by my Sim. But why should strays be handled any different? I don't get it.

however in my other household with their cat that I added manually via merge family, is completely fluid with no issues, so idk, it might have to do with adopting a stray.

That is interesting, because it did indeed happen with stray animals! One dog who as stray and one cat who was stray and adopted by my Sim. But why should strays be handled any different? I don't get it.

It might be possible the stray is not adding correctly to the household, I am gonna see if I can make my adopted stray stop being buggy... XD I will update if I figure anything else out!
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Brittany5523Brittany5523 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! Is anyone else having trouble getting their kitten to use the litter box? She’s showing red and I get the option to ask “What’s Wrong”.. it then tells me she needs a nice, clean litter box.

I’ve bought one of every kind but I don’t get the option, all I can do is add to inventory. If I click on my kitten it gives no options either. Any suggestions??
  • PhoenixxPhoenixx Posts: 21 Member
    My cat is complaining that she wants a "nice, clean litter box," but her litter box is clean. I've tried buying all the other litter boxes too, but she still insists she wants a "nice, clean litter box." This is day 10 of having this cat and I haven't run into this issue before.
    Okay so, once you adopt a stray, I suggest restarting your game, it seems to fix the long prompting times, atleast for the most part :P, I mean if your cat wants to jump on the counter, then on the fridge then onto the other counter then across to the counter island then back onto the counter then onto the fridge then finally onto the floor before you hug him, then chances are hes gonna do it. lol
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • MeganmonstaaMeganmonstaa Posts: 3 New Member
    Anybody else having an issue where their sims will take forever to eat as they are constantly getting up to pet their pets, give attention to them, etc? My sim is only eating on average half a meal before they get up to do something else autonomously, which never happened to me before CAD.
    Anybody else having an issue where their sims will take forever to eat as they are constantly getting up to pet their pets, give attention to them, etc? My sim is only eating on average half a meal before they get up to do something else autonomously, which never happened to me before CAD.

Yes I have the same "problem" constantly getting up to talk to the dog or to praise the kitten. She never sits long at the table, usually standing and eating because of these things.
  • nikki324nikki324 Posts: 72 Member
    Not sure if anyone else has already said this but my sim dog had puppies and I sold them using the computer. When the adoption agent came to take them he got stuck on my lot even after the puppy was taken away. Now it won't let me save the file or go to any other lots because it says I cannot do that while a member of my household is leaving. I've tried the reset sims cheat but no luck. Any suggestions?
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited November 2017
    How are people finding the adoption process? I just had my sim attempt to adopt a kitten (the adoption lady brought over two so I could see if either of them clicked with my sim but she went with one in the end). I got the pop up to adopt, to change the name and then the notification saying I'd successfully adopted. Then the game dropped a couple lastexception notifications and I noticed that the new kitten's picture was not showing up and when I clicked to end the adoption evaluation she took both kitties back with her, including the one I supposedly adopted. Only mod I have is MCCC which I've updated to the latest hotfix. So yeah just wondering how it's working for other people.

edit: I tested it with MCCC disabled. It seems to be an issue with the game itself which is really disappointing.
    Post edited by samemie on
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited November 2017
    The Modifyrelationship for Friendship cheat don't work but the romance one does...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017

Not a single incidence like that for me either in any household but I have not tried any adoption yet so don't know about that one...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    samemie wrote: »
    How are people finding the adoption process? I just had my sim attempt to adopt a kitten (the adoption lady brought over two so I could see if either of them clicked with my sim but she went with one in the end). I got the pop up to adopt, to change the name and then the notification saying I'd successfully adopted. Then the game dropped a couple lastexception notifications and I noticed that the new kitten's picture was not showing up and when I clicked to end the adoption evaluation she took both kitties back with her, including the one I supposedly adopted. Only mod I have is MCCC which I've updated to the latest hotfix. So yeah just wondering how it's working for other people.

edit: I tested it with MCCC disabled. It seems to be an issue with the game itself which is really disappointing.

Sorry to hear this. Was able to adopt an adult dog. I selected adopt in the dog and yes got the name prompt. I didn't then end the adoption intereview, it ended by itself a little while later. I'm also using mc. So the only suggestion I have is to try adopting an adult, only one ata a time, and also don't end the adoption interview yourself.

Clutching at straws but worth a shot.

The game is great in design but my two bugs - dog continuously upset because he is afraid, and I no longer have the option of helping him to calm down.; and things disappearing when the sims travel is really putting me off at the moment.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited November 2017

I had this issue with a stray cat. I didn't have it with stray dogs but I had it with stray cats. No mods or CC in my game.

Eta. The stay cat was hungry and distressed when I had the issue.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    samemie wrote: »

Sorry to hear this. Was able to adopt an adult dog. I selected adopt in the dog and yes got the name prompt. I didn't then end the adoption intereview, it ended by itself a little while later. I'm also using mc. So the only suggestion I have is to try adopting an adult, only one ata a time, and also don't end the adoption interview yourself.

Clutching at straws but worth a shot.

The game is great in design but my two bugs - dog continuously upset because he is afraid, and I no longer have the option of helping him to calm down.; and things disappearing when the sims travel is really putting me off at the moment.

@cherpar Thanks, I might try that tomorrow. Question, you said the adoption thing ended itself but did your pet's icon appear before the process ended or not?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I want cats to be able to sit on Sims' laps. ;~;
  • HozrienHozrien Posts: 139 Member
    One issue I've seen is strays taking up households with no sims and I only found out to check who was in the house - it was just a stray and the hover over had a huge blue square. I could delete the household but that's a odd bug.
    Hi! Is anyone else having trouble getting their kitten to use the litter box? She’s showing red and I get the option to ask “What’s Wrong”.. it then tells me she needs a nice, clean litter box.

I’ve bought one of every kind but I don’t get the option, all I can do is add to inventory. If I click on my kitten it gives no options either. Any suggestions??
    Phoenixx wrote: »
    My cat is complaining that she wants a "nice, clean litter box," but her litter box is clean. I've tried buying all the other litter boxes too, but she still insists she wants a "nice, clean litter box." This is day 10 of having this cat and I haven't run into this issue before.

Is there room on the side of the litter box? I have an empty space in front and on the side of the litter box becuase I noticed the cats will jump in from the side and leave from the front of the box.

I just had this issue. I had my sim in bed. Vlad came over, I had my sim get up and invite him in then I sent her back to bed. Vlad was frozen and the kitten behind him was frozen. I get my sim up again and click friendly introduction on Vlad and then friendly conversation. A mouse finally comes out from the mouse hole in the kitchen and I tried to cancel the conversation with Vlad, who is moving like he's talking but there's no sound. I could move the computer mouse but everybody was frozen. See picture.
    vwpf1e.jpg