Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    The cc I pulled out is kids world, conjonto Lucy.
  • RorosimsRorosims Posts: 51 Member
    Major problem for me:
    1. Can't create strays to add to the game
    2. Can't edit animal-only households once they are in the game

These two problems have one common cause. The game does not allow anything that are not coded as teens/YA/adults/elders to have their own independent household. And that is required for having a user-created stray-household.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    Rorosims wrote: »
    Major problem for me:

These two problems have one common cause. The game does not allow anything that are not coded as teens/YA/adults/elders to have their own independent household. And that is required for having a user-created stray-household.

Devs said we could not have stray only households and did not program the game for it - so yes it is going to break - it's not in the programming.

I don't know about us making strays though. I don't recall that being mentioned but I know there were ways to make our own pool of NPCs so perhaps there is a way to make strays. I'd suggest talking to people who make their own NPC pools and townies to see how they do that perhaps, if that is what you mean.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Meltron2Meltron2 Posts: 70 Member
    edited November 2017
    Where is "rub belly" action. Pets need belly rubs. Please add that ASAP. Of course, belly rub action will only be accepted with good friends.
  • Meltron2Meltron2 Posts: 70 Member
    Food bowls go missing sometimes.
  • RorosimsRorosims Posts: 51 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Rorosims wrote: »
    Major problem for me:

Devs said we could not have stray only households and did not program the game for it - so yes it is going to break - it's not in the programming.

I don't know about us making strays though. I don't recall that being mentioned but I know there were ways to make our own pool of NPCs so perhaps there is a way to make strays. I'd suggest talking to people who make their own NPC pools and townies to see how they do that perhaps, if that is what you mean.

There ARE stray-only households, the game generates them by itself. It just doesn't let PLAYERs edit or manage them IN-GAME (beyond CAS, that is).

I know how to make functioning townies too. The reason I raised this issue as a problem is that the normal procedure doesn't work.
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited November 2017
    There is a fishing spot in Brindleton bay on the island that is backwards, sims fish on the land... LOL. There is also fish jumping out of the sand.. Yeah. Sandfish.
    4960c19fa863034ece3096d225b14ba2.jpg

Gif. here. lol
    https://i.gyazo.com/f9a17457d5d23126e73ab468ae64f7e2.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/874074baeea70c9b79ac367f0e68ac68.mp4
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited November 2017
    My only bug so far is that my dog's coat seems to be missing some shaders.
    He's very bright, almost glowing. I've only had one pet so far, I hope they won't all be like this.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I don't know if this issue was already mentioned, but somehow all interactions are lagging, I call my pets they don' react, I try to pet a cat that does something else, like strays jumping on objects etc and it takes minutes for my Sim to have the interaction queued but never executed. Does anybody have this problem as well? I have all mods that i used updated right now. However I DO have CC like clothes, eyes, skins etc. Could these make trouble? If so why? it's just clothes etc right? Hair etc.
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I don't know if this issue was already mentioned, but somehow all interactions are lagging, I call my pets they don' react, I try to pet a cat that does something else, like strays jumping on objects etc and it takes minutes for my Sim to have the interaction queued but never executed. Does anybody have this problem as well? I have all mods that i used updated right now. However I DO have CC like clothes, eyes, skins etc. Could these make trouble? If so why? it's just clothes etc right? Hair etc.

I have the same issue only I have no mods so idk. Maybe it is sim cap? Mine is set to 200 there is about 160+ sims in my game currently. weh..
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    I'm having issues with no pet vs pet interaction... they just completely ignore each other.
    HV83B28.png
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I have quoted and pasted most of the issues into the first post. I'm trying to not duplicate issues, but also include other peoples issues. So feel free to say if I forgot anything.
    Bambooram wrote: »
    I'm having issues with no pet vs pet interaction... they just completely ignore each other.

I thought so too until I adopted a kitten and my Husky started getting interested in the little fur ball. He went to the kitten and licked his head, it was too adorable. But so far no other interactions with animals I could observe. Even the strays in the world don't seem to be interested in each other :(
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Shades302 wrote: »

I have the same issue only I have no mods so idk. Maybe it is sim cap? Mine is set to 200 there is about 160+ sims in my game currently. weh..

The 200 isn't a total population of the save cap; it's a cap on how many Sims can be in your "My Households" culling-protected section. The overall cap of the game is now 575.

There are a few things you can try if you're struggling with performance issues: Turn your graphics settings lower and play in windowed mode, for example. See if smaller households and lots make a difference. It's possible that you're playing a bit beyond what your computer wants to do.

@Tanja1986 There's a lot of furniture this time that's been affected by the pack - beds, counters, sofas...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @Tanja1986 There's a lot of furniture this time that's been affected by the pack - beds, counters, sofas...

Okay I will check my CC if I have any of these installed, I may have without knowing it anymore. So I will definitely clean out the CC lashes and the objects that I downloaded some time ago. Thank you Luthien!

Okay I will check my CC if I have any of these installed, I may have without knowing it anymore. So I will definitely clean out the CC lashes and the objects that I downloaded some time ago. Thank you Luthien!

No problem! There's an update out for some of the lashes :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I bought my sim a new aquarium and stocked it with fish but, now they're invisible. They must still be there because I can't buy new ones.
  • AstisAstis Posts: 1 New Member
    Yeah, I'm having issues with beds, counters and couches. Also having issues with traveling to different lots, which is annoying because I wanted to get out and really explore the new world. Hope they do some fixes soon because the game's only half playable for me right now.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    The only issue I've experienced is that my Sim's household couldn't adopt the pet. The service person came over immediately. I fell in love with this dog, and I when I clicked 'Adopt ($200)' interaction on the dog, it went through the process of Adoption (i.e named pet, Sim got a moodlet for adopting, etc.) but the dog wasn't added into my household. The dog eventually left after the evaluation was over. That was a bit upsetting. I ended up going into CAS and created a dog & added it to my family, which was so much easier.

I knew pets were uncontrollable but I didn't know we wouldn't be able to see their UI (i.e needs, relationship, etc.). For me, I really like this as it's new to the Sim series. We've either had direct control or uncontrollable pets (where we had complete visibility of their needs) in the past. A lot of Simmers say this game is too easy. & not being able to see what the pets need is challenging & I kind of like this type of challenge. I dont' always pay that much attention to Sims thought bubbles, but in this case, this is where watching what the pet is thinking comes in handy. My dog stands by the door & has a thought bubble to let him out to use the bathroom. The first time, I didn't know what he was doing, so he used the bathroom right on the floor. The next time I saw it, I immediately let him out & then praised him afterwards. So now he's understanding what he needs to do.

The only thing I wish we had was a family tree for our pets. & I'd like adoptions to work in my game. Besides those two things, I don't have any major issues so far.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I seem to be having the disappearing bowl issue with only 1 household so far. I tested it with a different household and the bowl stayed in place after traveling. However, the original household still keeps loosing their bowl. Strange..
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Astis wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm having issues with beds, counters and couches. Also having issues with traveling to different lots, which is annoying because I wanted to get out and really explore the new world. Hope they do some fixes soon because the game's only half playable for me right now.

Beds, counters, and couches are out-of-date CC. The game changed some of functioning of that furniture so pets can use it. You can download the newest Sims 4 Studio to update the beds; it's not yet updated for counters and couches.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Meltron2 wrote: »
    Where is "rub belly" action. Pets need belly rubs. Please add that ASAP. Of course, belly rub action will only be accepted with good friends.

I believe you posted this question in another thread and someone said where the action was but I can't remember.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I have nt experienced any of these bugs, it’s a newish save though, only played it for a week, I wonder if that has made a difference? My food bowls don’t disappear, pets seem to interact with each other, no problems adopting and I ve seen dogs, puppies and kittens all eating and sleeping. Only been playing a day though, hope I m not speaking to soon.
  • Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    My only bug so far is that after my sim eats, I cannot clean up her plate. When I try to click on it, it states that I need a trashcan or sink in order to clean the dishes. So I have been having to drag the dishes into the trashcan myself.

I have 3 sinks in the house and 4 trashcans in the house, by the way.
  • Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    edited November 2017

Same here. I have updated mods and no cc. It's a fresh save. Three times my sim even stood for like an hour before doing something :|

Also, two of my 7 dogs just cannot learn to pee outside. I think they are bugged.