Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I've run into an issue where I can no longer encourage dogs to potty outside. I'm clicking everywhere and the option is missing.
    I've removed all my mods, and it's still happening.
    I might try re-installing the game to see if that fixes anything.

Hello.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Sometimes having a sim travel to another lot and back can help issues.
  • Options
    PlagueRavenPlagueRaven Posts: 52 Member
    A repair with all my mods removed fixed it, but replacing all my mods causes the issue to come back, so one of my mods must be doing it.
  • Options
    A repair with all my mods removed fixed it, but replacing all my mods causes the issue to come back, so one of my mods must be doing it.

I hope that you can soon find the mod that is causing the issue.
  • Options
    HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    Since this is a topic about Pets issues, I want to share mine. I wanted to try something different in my game play, make a challenge for myself so I had one of my sims become a homeless nature loving hippy who lives off the land but has a strong love for animals. So the goal here is to have six animals; three cats and three dogs. All adopted as strays. I'm having an issue with this. Two times my sim's stray cats have died of starvation. It makes absolutely no sense because 1. All food bowls were full (I have six full food bowls) and 2. I have a mod that shows the info of any sim. I use it to check their needs. Both cats' hunger needs were in the 90's. So how did they die of starvation? I should also note that these aren't my first pets. Before this sim story, I had played with five pets in three different households. They were all adopted via the agency. They had no issues. They were adopted as kittens and puppies, grew up, got old and died of old age. Is this the same stray bug that another person mentioned?
  • Options
    Since this is a topic about Pets issues, I want to share mine. I wanted to try something different in my game play, make a challenge for myself so I had one of my sims become a homeless nature loving hippy who lives off the land but has a strong love for animals. So the goal here is to have six animals; three cats and three dogs. All adopted as strays. I'm having an issue with this. Two times my sim's stray cats have died of starvation. It makes absolutely no sense because 1. All food bowls were full (I have six full food bowls) and 2. I have a mod that shows the info of any sim. I use it to check their needs. Both cats' hunger needs were in the 90's. So how did they die of starvation? I should also note that these aren't my first pets. Before this sim story, I had played with five pets in three different households. They were all adopted via the agency. They had no issues. They were adopted as kittens and puppies, grew up, got old and died of old age. Is this the same stray bug that another person mentioned?

Hello
    The issue may have been caused by mods in your game. It would be good to move your whole mods folder to the desktop, then clear the cache files,
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then adopt a stray and see if they die of starvation again.
  • Options
    Nothing678Nothing678 Posts: 51 Member
    My dogs being constantly dirty is driving me flipping potty. If you bathed a dog daily in real life you'd be done by the RSPCA for animal cruelty. It's like the game has set dog hygiene needs like a human's needs. I hope they fix this, because other than that I love the Cats & Dogs expansion. It is way better than The Sims 3 pets.
  • Options
    AGLTS401AGLTS401 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi all,

I have just installed 'The Sims 4 Parenting Expansion' to my game and now I have a problem affecting one of my female Sims. Both the children in the current family I am playing went off to school as usual. However, although both of them returned home, The girl child's in-game icon still shows her at school, when she clearly is at home. As a result, she will not go to school tomorrow, I cannot send her off to school and I cannot access her inventory to ask her to do her homework. This problem ALWAYS seems to occur after installing a new expansion pack. Loading a previous save game before the children went to school, didn't help. This problem ONLY seems to affect girl children in the current family I am playing. I already have the following The Sims 4 expansions installed:

Get To Work, Jungle Adventures, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack.

I am playing The Sims 4 on Windows 10 64-Bit, through Origin. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, please inform me how you resolved it
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    AGLTS401 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have just installed 'The Sims 4 Parenting Expansion' to my game and now I have a problem affecting one of my female Sims. Both the children in the current family I am playing went off to school as usual. However, although both of them returned home, The girl child's in-game icon still shows her at school, when she clearly is at home. As a result, she will not go to school tomorrow, I cannot send her off to school and I cannot access her inventory to ask her to do her homework. This problem ALWAYS seems to occur after installing a new expansion pack. Loading a previous save game before the children went to school, didn't help. This problem ONLY seems to affect girl children in the current family I am playing. I already have the following The Sims 4 expansions installed:

Get To Work, Jungle Adventures, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack.

I am playing The Sims 4 on Windows 10 64-Bit, through Origin. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, please inform me how you resolved it

Hello @AGLTS401
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there when she is due to come home from school.

If your child sim is still stuck now with the greyed out icon, try having another sim travel to another lot. Then whilst playing the other sim on this new lot, click on the house icon of the icon and click care for self. This should help to fix the sim.

You could also try having the sim use the option to have the girl travel with him to a new lot.

• Options
    TorribleTorrible Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having an issue where multiple "pet" interactions pop up above other tasks that my sims was about to perform. I didn't initiate pet, but it's getting to the point where my sim can't do anything because the dogs/cats need to be pet!
  • Options
    Torrible wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where multiple "pet" interactions pop up above other tasks that my sims was about to perform. I didn't initiate pet, but it's getting to the point where my sim can't do anything because the dogs/cats need to be pet!

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Pet-Filling-Queue-Task-List/m-p/6699614#M60331
  • Options
    Kgraham151Kgraham151 Posts: 26 Member
    [quote="Torrible;c-16563086"]I'm having an issue where multiple "pet" interactions pop up above other tasks that my sims was about to perform. I didn't initiate pet, but it's getting to the point where my sim can't do anything because the dogs/cats need to be pet![/quote]

This has been an issue with lots of players since the latest patch and installing seasons. I have found no solution.

I would say keep posting about this issue. That way the developers are aware of the problem. It truly needs to be addressed asap since it makes the game unplayable.
  • Options
    GamerzFerLyfeGamerzFerLyfe Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Kgraham151 said:
    > Torrible wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having an issue where multiple "pet" interactions pop up above other tasks that my sims was about to perform. I didn't initiate pet, but it's getting to the point where my sim can't do anything because the dogs/cats need to be pet!
    >
    > This has been an issue with lots of players since the latest patch and installing seasons. I have found no solution.
    >
    > I would say keep posting about this issue. That way the developers are aware of the problem. It truly needs to be addressed asap since it makes the game unplayable.
    >
    >

I thought I was the only one this was happening to its so frustrating it makes the game almost unplayable.
  • Options
    > @Kgraham151 said:
    > Torrible wrote: »
    >
    > I'm having an issue where multiple "pet" interactions pop up above other tasks that my sims was about to perform. I didn't initiate pet, but it's getting to the point where my sim can't do anything because the dogs/cats need to be pet!
    >
    > This has been an issue with lots of players since the latest patch and installing seasons. I have found no solution.
    >
    > I would say keep posting about this issue. That way the developers are aware of the problem. It truly needs to be addressed asap since it makes the game unplayable.
    >
    >

I thought I was the only one this was happening to its so frustrating it makes the game almost unplayable.

Hello.
    Welcome to the forums!
    Other simmers are having this issue also. It would be good to post feedback on the AHQ EA site thread.
  • Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    I don't know if this is a bug, but in San Myshuno the Neighbors are always being noisy and my Sims can't sleep like everyother night. It has happened in every save I have done in San Myshuno, and multiple Apartments.
  • Options
    I don't know if this is a bug, but in San Myshuno the Neighbors are always being noisy and my Sims can't sleep like everyother night. It has happened in every save I have done in San Myshuno, and multiple Apartments.

Hello
    A workaround when this occurs, is to have your sims travel to another lot then back again, and sometimes the noise has finished
    There is also a clickable option on the door to complain about noise.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    A workaround when this occurs, is to have your sims travel to another lot then back again, and sometimes the noise has finished
    There is also a clickable option on the door to complain about noise.

I do the Complaining with the noise thing, but then they do it again the next night. I will try to go to another lot and back
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    One weird thing I noticed in my game is that whenever my sim or my dog gets a pet's toy from the toy box, the box rotates in place. For example, One second its facing the sim/pet, and then when I get a toy, the front of the box faces the wall. Not sure if that was something that has been happening since the Cats + Dogs pack came out or if it recently started happening with the new Seasons EP/patch.

My sims neighbors tend to be noisy but I usually knock and talk to the sim about the noise. The neighbors usually come to my apartment all upset complaining about the noise in my apartment even though they were loud neighbors too. However, one time it really became excessive and I tried to ignore it, but the one time my sim stood her ground against a neighbor she despised, the neighbor became so enraged that she died. :#

So my solutions would be to:
    • Try becoming friends with the neighbors to see if it reduces the amount of noise (if they actually listen and try to be more quiet)
    • Check the lot traits as well to make sure you don't have the lively neighbors lot trait
    • Evict the neighbors
    • Death by Anger
    • Leave the lot and come back
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    One weird thing I noticed in my game is that whenever my sim or my dog gets a pet's toy from the toy box, the box rotates in place. For example, One second its facing the sim/pet, and then when I get a toy, the front of the box faces the wall. Not sure if that was something that has been happening since the Cats + Dogs pack came out or if it recently started happening with the new Seasons EP/patch.

My sims neighbors tend to be noisy but I usually knock and talk to the sim about the noise. The neighbors usually come to my apartment all upset complaining about the noise in my apartment even though they were loud neighbors too. However, one time it really became excessive and I tried to ignore it, but the one time my sim stood her ground against a neighbor she despised, the neighbor became so enraged that she died. :#

So my solutions would be to:
    • Try becoming friends with the neighbors to see if it reduces the amount of noise (if they actually listen and try to be more quiet)
    • Check the lot traits as well to make sure you don't have the lively neighbors lot trait
    • Evict the neighbors
    • Death by Anger
    • Leave the lot and come back

Hello
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the toy box issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-Toy-Box-changes-direction-on-it-s-own/m-p/6427182#M51690
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    @rosemow thank you!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    ArianrhoddArianrhodd Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone else have the annoying issue where your sim completely stops what they're doing to pet an animal?? My sims were eating at the table and one of them randomly got up and went up the 3 flights of stairs, even when i x'ed out the task....just to pet the dog.
  • Options
    Arianrhodd wrote: »
    Does anyone else have the annoying issue where your sim completely stops what they're doing to pet an animal?? My sims were eating at the table and one of them randomly got up and went up the 3 flights of stairs, even when i x'ed out the task....just to pet the dog.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sims-Interrupted-While-Eating/m-p/6760091#M61955
  • Options
    Kgraham151Kgraham151 Posts: 26 Member
    Anyone a little mad there is still no patch for the pet queue issue? I mean we paid for Cats and Dogs expansion and now cannot even have them in our household.
  • Options
    Kgraham151 wrote: »
    Anyone a little mad there is still no patch for the pet queue issue? I mean we paid for Cats and Dogs expansion and now cannot even have them in our household.

There is probably a thread on AHQ already about it