Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    When can we expect some fixes for the many problems some people are having?
    I have had yet another different file written over when saving as (The Sim Name). I managed to recover the deleted one with some messing around. This error never happened for me before Cats and Dogs.
    Kind regards James.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    When can we expect some fixes for the many problems some people are having?
    I have had yet another different file written over when saving as (The Sim Name). I managed to recover the deleted one with some messing around. This error never happened for me before Cats and Dogs.
    Kind regards James.

Hello
    There may be a new patch next week and that may help to fix up some of the issues that simmers are having.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I've recently come across two problems, though I'm not sure if they're bugs or what. But I'll post them anyway.

So yesterday I decided to create a new family and gave them a dog (a German Shepard that I named Gus) I moved them into Brindleton Bay and all was going well until I noticed that Gus was missing, so I clicked on his icon and the camera zoomed all the way to him, standing outside, not doing anything, just standing there, looking around, wagging his tail etc. So I had the dad call Gus inside, to which he obliged. He came in and sat at the dad's feet who petted him before he wandered off to do something else. I went to keep an eye on the toddler to make sure she was staying out of trouble.
    One sim hour later and Gus is whining and wanting to go outside so my sim tells him to go pee, which he does, but then he just stayed outside, not moving (aside from just looking around and wagging his tail) I thought pets were supposed to be autonomous? Not stand around like useless objects. :-/ (and I've checked I'm playing with autonomy on)

Onto the second issue, this one seems to be a routing issue with a parent putting toddlers to bed. I direct the parent sim to put their little bundle of joy to bed, so they go to pick the toddler up only to put them down and wave their arms in the air with the "can't get to" bubble floating above their head. The only place I can get the "put to bed" action to work is if both the toddler and parent are already in the child's room. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    I've recently come across two problems, though I'm not sure if they're bugs or what. But I'll post them anyway.

So yesterday I decided to create a new family and gave them a dog (a German Shepard that I named Gus) I moved them into Brindleton Bay and all was going well until I noticed that Gus was missing, so I clicked on his icon and the camera zoomed all the way to him, standing outside, not doing anything, just standing there, looking around, wagging his tail etc. So I had the dad call Gus inside, to which he obliged. He came in and sat at the dad's feet who petted him before he wandered off to do something else. I went to keep an eye on the toddler to make sure she was staying out of trouble.
    One sim hour later and Gus is whining and wanting to go outside so my sim tells him to go pee, which he does, but then he just stayed outside, not moving (aside from just looking around and wagging his tail) I thought pets were supposed to be autonomous? Not stand around like useless objects. :-/ (and I've checked I'm playing with autonomy on)

Onto the second issue, this one seems to be a routing issue with a parent putting toddlers to bed. I direct the parent sim to put their little bundle of joy to bed, so they go to pick the toddler up only to put them down and wave their arms in the air with the "can't get to" bubble floating above their head. The only place I can get the "put to bed" action to work is if both the toddler and parent are already in the child's room. :-/

Hello
    With the first issue, it may have been a random glitch that occurred , that the dog remained stationary, Try watching to see if it occurs again.
    With the second issue, the sims may require a direct route from where the action is chosen to where the bed is. It is do with routing.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    With the first issue, it may have been a random glitch that occurred , that the dog remained stationary, Try watching to see if it occurs again.
    With the second issue, the sims may require a direct route from where the action is chosen to where the bed is. It is do with routing.

I haven't checked on the first issue today, but I have tested the routing issue with a toddler bed in a completely empty room and initiating the action in the lounge room, followed by the kitchen, dining room and corridor outside the empty room and still got the routing error.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member

I actually had this happen with my toddler while playing last night. I had to send the toddler and parent right next to the bed, then direct "read to sleep" and it worked.
  • JBCH7586JBCH7586 Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm having the issue where I have to constantly tell the dog to go to the bathroom. I started them at puppy and they still cannot seem to go on their own. I'm also having the issue where the family dog seems to glitch and stand in a ballerina pose for a second.
    JBCH7586 wrote: »
    I'm having the issue where I have to constantly tell the dog to go to the bathroom. I started them at puppy and they still cannot seem to go on their own. I'm also having the issue where the family dog seems to glitch and stand in a ballerina pose for a second.

Hello @JBCH7586
    If the dog has the smart trait, this causes the issue with needing to tell them to go to the bathroom.
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Smart-Dog-will-not-go-potty-unless-directed/m-p/6423605#M51198
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Pets running away seem to be bugged too...?
    I just started playing for the evening. Last night while playing, my sims cat ran away. She always runs away (I have no be nice to interaction :( bug) but my sim still went to work at the vet clinic, then afterwards I took the whole household (2 adults, teen, 1 other cat) to visit friends. I then sent all sims home and shut down the game.
    So I just loaded the house. The run away cat's portrait is still grayed, but I can click "come here" ... So i do, and it goes in my sims queaue. I double click the grayed cat portrait and it takes my camera to my cat who's at the playground!! Then she comes to the house, shes home and my sim can interact with her but her portrait is still gray.
    This actually happened once before, but I didn't think anything of it until it happened again tonight.
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Pets running away seem to be bugged too...?
    I just started playing for the evening. Last night while playing, my sims cat ran away. She always runs away (I have no be nice to interaction :( bug) but my sim still went to work at the vet clinic, then afterwards I took the whole household (2 adults, teen, 1 other cat) to visit friends. I then sent all sims home and shut down the game.
    So I just loaded the house. The run away cat's portrait is still grayed, but I can click "come here" ... So i do, and it goes in my sims queaue. I double click the grayed cat portrait and it takes my camera to my cat who's at the playground!! Then she comes to the house, shes home and my sim can interact with her but her portrait is still gray.
    This actually happened once before, but I didn't think anything of it until it happened again tonight.

Hello
    Other simmers have posted about this issue also.
    Try having your sims travel to another lot. Then have them travel back home and see if the issue remains

It would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-CD-Pet-still-missing-after-returning-home/m-p/6482683#M54506
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I'm fairly certain romance is broken, not only my sims but townies are starting to flirt with everything that moves. My married female sim was out at the flea market and started flirting with Liberty Lee (who she was there with as a good friend) her husband and kids were there too, luckily they didn't see the flirting, but it was so annoying.
    edited December 2017
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I'm fairly certain romance is broken, not only my sims but townies are starting to flirt with everything that moves. My married female sim was out at the flea market and started flirting with Liberty Lee (who she was there with as a good friend) her husband and kids were there too, luckily they didn't see the flirting, but it was so annoying.

Hello
    If you use MCCC mod there is a setting to turn off autonomous flirting which can help with this occurring.
    MC Tuner > Change Interaction Autonomy > Autonomous Flirty

Hello
    If you use MCCC mod there is a setting to turn off autonomous flirting which can help with this occurring.

I will definitely try that, thanks :)

Hello

I will definitely try that, thanks :)

You’re welcome :)
  • filipe231291filipe231291 Posts: 17 Member
    I had to uninstall the whole game because, not only was lagging on a low-end laptop with graphics card, but Cats & Dogs was way too buggy for me. I did had mods, all of them updated, but since I was doing the Wolf Pack Challenge, my Sim wouldn't stop meeting up with the raccoon (cat), even going through walls like a ghost (note that he wasn't a ghost), when I attempted to use the vet clinic (it was against the rules because I didn't know I needed to buy the vet table), the two vets weren't doing anything but mopping puddles or the vomit pets were doing! Also, when I tried to adopt or send any pets to adoption, the social worker took way too long to show up, yelling at my pets and then leave and I couldn't even save the game after a few hours of progress (it was a test save by the way, as I literally had to quit the challenge for a while). I know there was a patch that came out today, but the changes are not a lot compared to Dine Out, which took a while to fix various bugs, so yeah, I really needed to vent myself about my experience... :neutral:
    Maybe I'll install The Sims 4 again, at least when Cats & Dogs is more stable
    Hello
    This is a link to the patch notes for today’s patch. Simmers have also posted that other issues have been fixed such as having the insane trait interraction on a mirror, although not listed in the notes.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931455/december-12-2017-patch-notes
  • Shlomi546Shlomi546 Posts: 22 Member
    They still have not fix the "No pet vs pet interactions" bug
  • QueenKiwiQueenKiwi Posts: 7 New Member
    My pets refuse to interact with other pets.. they'll think about them but nothing else, even if it's their child
    Also when i take my dogs to the vet they get stuck with a frightened moodlet no matter when i try :/
    QueenKiwi wrote: »
    My pets refuse to interact with other pets.. they'll think about them but nothing else, even if it's their child
    Also when i take my dogs to the vet they get stuck with a frightened moodlet no matter when i try :/

Hello
    If you haven’t updated your game as yet, try testing to see if the issues remain after updating.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    @rosemow I haven't had time to keep up with this thread but was hoping if you could tell me if there is already a reported bug related to disclipling cats. In 4 of my cats, I have the option to say lecture about scratching couch. Those 4 cats were made in CAS. Two of those cats had kittens who are now adults but when they scratch the couch there is no option to lecture them about it. It's a new game since cats and dogs.

You always seem to know everything and just wondering if it's been an issue and if there are any fixes. Many thanks and happy Christmas
    cherpar wrote: »
    @rosemow I haven't had time to keep up with this thread but was hoping if you could tell me if there is already a reported bug related to disclipling cats. In 4 of my cats, I have the option to say lecture about scratching couch. Those 4 cats were made in CAS. Two of those cats had kittens who are now adults but when they scratch the couch there is no option to lecture them about it. It's a new game since cats and dogs.

You always seem to know everything and just wondering if it's been an issue and if there are any fixes. Many thanks and happy Christmas

Hello
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue of being unable to lecture pets. It is occurring when bringing in a pet from another household.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Can-t-lecture-train-pets/m-p/6414298#M50457
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Thanks as always @rosemow, interesting. I didn't add these pets to the household, they were born in it,
    cherpar wrote: »
    Thanks as always @rosemow, interesting. I didn't add these pets to the household, they were born in it,

You’re welcome :) Did you add any other pets to the household? It can affect pets that were aleady in the household,
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Dunno if this has been reported yet, but the Dogs stretching into horrible monstrosities bug happened to me again when I loaded my game. CC/mods are off.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    Bad Arkane wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been reported yet, but the Dogs stretching into horrible monstrosities bug happened to me again when I loaded my game. CC/mods are off.

Hello
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/