Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vet should have been a Profession

Does anyone feel the same? I like owning a vet clinic and all, but I feel it would have made a great profession, like the Doctor profession.

I'm personally not into dealing with the businesses in the game, but it's the only way my Sim can be a Vet =(

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Owning a vet clinic is one of a few things I have left to test out. I don't care for the businesses or restaurants in this game either. Too many issues last time I played which was over a year ago. I have visited the clinic with my sick dog and it's pretty straight to the point. So it's possible if you own one it'll be very repetitive very quickly. I'll check it out later today.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I haven't tested it yet but I prefer the businesses to the careers by a long shot. I get to decide the work hours and (presumably) there won't be any boring, repetitive checklists.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I agree with this but I suppose it's still sort of a job they have considering they're making money:/
    giphy_1.gif
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    Yes, I agree with you. I would much rather have a new career like the medicine one. My biggest pet peeve with the businesses is that your sim is still considered "unemployed" even if they own a shop or a vet clinic.
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    No. Why would you want a repetitive profession over an in depth treatment of owning the vet clinic? You have so much more control of a variety of things by owning it as a business. We used to constantly get complaints about Get to Work professions because they have a lack of replay ability.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited November 2017
    i don't understand the decision either to make this job a hobby, doesn't make any sense to me & makes the gameplay less interesting

let's hope one day there will be a patch which adds a Business Owner profession, that would solve the problem entirely, or at least the main part of it

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    100% agreed on that one. It's just like being a vet' is a hobby as opposed to a vocation. Heck, the patient's owners aren't even worried that a teen vampire, or even Zoe Patel takes care of their pets.
    Seriously E.A.?
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    psykt wrote: »
    Yes, I agree with you. I would much rather have a new career like the medicine one. My biggest pet peeve with the businesses is that your sim is still considered "unemployed" even if they own a shop or a vet clinic.

My biggest pet peeve with the businesses is that, although you've hired employees who are perfectly capable of running the place, our Sims make no money if they don't go in.

In TS2, the businesses worked like real-life businesses in that you continued to make money on your days off. Or, you could get the business up and going and then continue to manage it from a distance while your Sims did other things.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • BreannaRiotBreannaRiot Posts: 106 Member
    See, this makes me nervous to own a vet clinic. I just started owning my own restaurant a few days ago, figured I'd give that a go before this EP came out, and I find it pretty hard to make money right now. I'm only making a profit of like, $200 after I close for the night which isn't very much money. It just seems a lot more stressful to me than the Doctor career. I liked the doctor career because it was mostly me trying to diagnose stuff and heal people, etc. and honestly I'm a fan of repetition (blame it on my OCD I suppose). It's relaxing to me. I'm not going to knock the vet clinic business until I try it though, and maybe one day if I fiddle around enough with it i'll learn how to make a good profit. This is of course, assuming its anything like owning a restaurant. Honestly just from what I've experienced with owning a restaurant, if it's anything like that then I'd rather it have been a profession as well. This is a pretty cool EP though so far so I'm not really disappointed. :)
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Personally, I am loving it. I love owning restaurants and retail stores so I guess it's just up my alley. My vet is already 10 in her skill and I find it fun. Perhaps I'm just strange like that I guess.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I prefer it this way, if they decided to make this career a profession, many people will be disappointed that we can't take the animals to the vet clinic, we can't see them cured, and that one and only career in this expansion pack lacks depth. If the vet was a profession, we wouldn't get 20+ sickness just for our animals won't we?
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    No, I absolutely love the Vet career as it is. I think they really knocked it out of the park. I'm so in love with this EP overall, but the Vet is my absolute fave. I with they would revamp the doctor career and model it after this one.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    I agree.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Maybe someone will make a vet profession mod, if someone can make the turbo career mod I’m sure this would be possible as well.
  • Sakura1291979Sakura1291979 Posts: 66 Member
    They should have made it both ways. I would have preferred having the vet as a career like the doctor but they can't please everyone.
  • SvetlanaDragoSvetlanaDrago Posts: 15 New Member
    I like it as is, but it bothers me that my Sim is a top ranked vet and owns a 4 star clinic, yet is considered unemployed! Also, can anyone tell me why my well trained employee suddenly isn't working for me, nor is on the list of available to hire sims??? This happened once before, but she was still on the list. I had to rehire her, but this time she's just gone!