Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are vampires bugged from the patch?

124...Next

Comments

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    I heard people saying here not to play vampires because the patch reset their power, is that true?
    I mean they just fixed the relationship bug but left vampires out?
    My game is updating right now and I'm afraid to play

I believe you can still play with vampires if you stay on their home lot, they seem to lose their powers when you travel elsewhere with them.

Mine was exactly the opposite, she could use her powers when traveling, but not at home.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't think any of these bugs absolutely wreck vampire gameplay but it sure makes it interesting. I think it went from the mildly irritating to the bizarre when three of my sims randomly gained sun immunity for no reason that I can find. They did all have at least one parent with it but I don't remember any of them inheriting that power or if it can be inherited. Weird. It's very haphazard and I agree with the people who have said it's complex and so they're taking time to work out the whole bug. I now worry, though, that the patch will fix it and those sims with immunity will suddenly lose it without my knowing that they've been 'fixed'. One of them now works days so that could be a problem...he's only a fledgling so it's a long way to go to train up for those points just in case!

I refuse to stop playing with the vampires because it's only by playing with them that we can tell the devs the problems being encountered. I sort of wish we could have two separate discussions, though - those for people playing vanilla and those with mods/CC. Not that I think there's anything wrong with either way of playing, but the assumption always is that a bug is caused by a mod until proven otherwise, and I think that sometimes delays attention to actual game problems that EA need to iron out.

I also don't have problems with vampire training. I'm playing a vanilla game. I have spasmodic activation and deactivation/inability to select certain skills which isn't entirely consistent even with the same sim. And I did have a couple of sims from the gallery with maxed powers that I tested things on but they're now both cured and human again and quite happy that way.

It's not restricted to certain lots (away/home). Issues can occur in both places but usually I find it's selection of powers that can be affected both at home and away, rather than the loss of a power. Unless you take your sim home after going out. My vampires still go out a lot, though. Nothing has changed in that regard. Everyone's living their lives fairly normally.

So yeah, it hasn't stopped me playing them and it won't. Maybe I'm stubborn or maybe I'm just prepared to deal with weird.

(Or maybe I don't have the C&D pack, and so am not seeing the worst of it...?)
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Until they fix this bug, I'm not touching any of my vampire saves. It still sucks though (no pun intended) that when the Caleb, Lilleth or Vlad show up in my non-vampire saves that they're always uncomfortable or low on energy D:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    So....

@SimQARobo...? An update would be nice.

—T

They're not gonna patch it until this month's patch IF that.

This is precisely why I asked ASAP if they planned on doing an emergency patch for this: they let Get to Work bugs exist for over a year, it's very possible they'll let Vampires do the same. Expect no response until the patch for December releases, and then if that doesn't fix it, then that more or less means "ask again in January."
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • KoloblikinKoloblikin Posts: 1 New Member
    I stopped reading after a page or so, so im not sure if it was mentioned here. the loss is temporary (ie: you CAN fix it without cheats) and only occurs when something happens in game (im trying to figure out what triggered it in my game, only thing i did different this time around was that i Played a few songs on the organ - which were messed up too but thats a seperate bug - and after that all my vampires needs started to decay.

The Easy Fix - Garlicx2 + Wolfsbanex2 + Plasma Fruitx2 on a mixologist vampire (and whom has read the ultimate vampire compendium) will be able to make Draught of Reconfiguration - this refunds all vampire points in the vamp that drinks it.... drink and reset the skills until the next time they mess up.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The December patch will probably be what fixes up the worst of the new bugs.

I honestly can't imagine how the Vampires could end up being bugged so badly after a CATS AND DOGS game. And it's also sad that it went so unnoticed
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    So....

@SimQARobo...? An update would be nice.

—T

They're not gonna patch it until this month's patch IF that.

This is precisely why I asked ASAP if they planned on doing an emergency patch for this: they let Get to Work bugs exist for over a year, it's very possible they'll let Vampires do the same. Expect no response until the patch for December releases, and then if that doesn't fix it, then that more or less means "ask again in January."

Yeah, that’s what I was hoping... and fearing.

Still, an update would be nice @SimQARobo? Or @SimGuruNinja? Anyone?

—T
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    @kalaksed I have noticed this exact same thing. All the bugs come back to needs, and the Vampire bugs are stranger because our AI is so much more complex than a run of the mill Sim. IDK what is going on, but in all of my games, every unplayed household, NPC or Townie, has trouble meeting basic needs. I've seen starving Sims, Sad Sims, Sims that haven't bathed in days, and more bladder failures than I can count. And I can't help but wonder if they fix the "everybody flirts with self" glitch that might point the way to a universal fix. But who knows?
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I think it's really interesting that these bugs began around the same time as we started seeing other things like the flirt with self thing.

The low needs thing has been the case for my game since I first had it, but there are issues in my game (unmodded, no cc) that have been there since the start and apparently nobody else has them (like vampires being born to humans and 100% of human/vampire pregnanices being vampire, among others) so I don't know whether that's just my game. I had a toddler get very angry from being exhausted playing earlier...when my sim and I were at work. That sim was on 'self care' mode. The game hasn't been caring for the sims on auto properly for a while.

BUT the removal of vampire needs to me is a bit different from the others. They might be connected, but this is more like when aspiration goals become suddenly absent and have to be redone. The vampire thing is not uniquely about needs, that's a bug in its own right in my view (that they're suddenly half dead). The other is randomly disappearing power allocation (like randomly disappearing aspiration completion) and it is fairly sporadic.

I still can't explain why three of my vampires obtained sun immunity on their own while being played households, but I do wonder if that relates to the culling and the other person who discussed seeing this was right that the game confused them for NPC and so randomly assigned them skills instead of leaving it to me.

I don't code, but to me it sounds like it is probably a widely encompassing bug and that's why the fix is taking more time. I also think the encroaching undead dead sims are connected to the cull and probably more risky to people's games than this. The vampire bugs are irritating and when their needs are really dangerously low when they shouldn't be, it's potentially lethal for them...but I think that the game getting confused and not deleting properly dead sims is potentially destructive for the whole game. And I do wonder if that is more of a priority for the devs at the moment because of that.

• thezooqueenthezooqueen Posts: 35 Member
    I have tried cheats like; fill sim needs, then disable needs decay. It does not work. The NPC vampires seem fine for little while, and then their energy tanks, and they fall asleep wherever they are or leave.
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Vraie I agree. Something fundamental has gone wrong in the base code. My practical knowledge of programming dates back to the '80s when PCs were new, and I was still in middle school :blush: (But I loved animating stars that exploded and circles that would morph into squares and then triangles and finally an exploding star. lol) Still the base coding appears to be slowly unravelling.

The latest oddness I've noticed among NPCs are Sims that won't stop eating :o Jasminder is so big, I thought she'd gotten pregnant again, but no. I watched her spend an entire day going back and forth between food stalls in the Spice Quarter. And some NPCs have disappeared altogether. I haven't that little monster Max Villareal in a very long time in any of my current games. I'm about to age up a toddler though, so he may turn up. But he is usually everywhere. I also have random Sims in San Myshuno wandering into my apartments to use the bathroom, get a drink and then leave. No knock on the door. It started with neighbors then spread to Townies and NPCs from all towns. It's like I'm running a gas station! Now I have to keep my door locked.

I still keep returning to the all Sims receiving the Flirt with Self option, and then I remembered another interaction with mirrors they tinkered with: babies and toddlers appearing to float when being held by a Vampire. I have no idea how changes in mirror reflection animation coding could start a cascade of bugs and hiccups throughout the entire game, and yet....all the trouble with Vampires....I sense a connection. I just don't know enough about coding to find it or prove it.

And I'm probably wrong anyway :)
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    This issue was fixed in today’s patch
    Vampires should no longer lose various powers after traveling.

Omg yes!
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    Yay! I was waiting to play Sims 4 because of it as I want to play vampires. :D
  • BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    I just turned 2 sims into vampires, but I can't pick any weakness or powers because it's greyed out, even though they have 5 points each to spend. Anyone else?
  • BrandiregularBrandiregular Posts: 16 Member
    Nevermind, it just unglitched :)
  • DanGDanG Posts: 2 New Member
    The mid December patch came in but no fix for Vampires. This sucks! I have started at least 4 new Vampires since the first bugged patch in Late October I think and none of them can go all the way. 48 points is the max and that is far from acceptable. We will drop this game soon if no solution comes. It is really frustrating.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi, folks this thread is a bit of an oldie (necro'd) so I will close this thread here. We have since moved the Help Center to Answers HQ. In AHQ we have a Bug Report section and would encourage Simmers to create a Bug Report on bugs. There is a chance that the bug you are experiencing has been reported, to double check @crinrict has compiled a list of reported bugs in the thread "Compiled list of reported Gameplay Issues". For a list of Vampire specific bug reports please check out this part of the thread. If the bug you are experiencing is listed there, please open up the thread and select the 'Me Too' button at the end of the opening post and add a comment to add additional information. :) Thanks folks
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top