Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are vampires bugged from the patch?

I heard people saying here not to play vampires because the patch reset their power, is that true?
I mean they just fixed the relationship bug but left vampires out?
My game is updating right now and I'm afraid to play

Comments

• JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    I heard people saying here not to play vampires because the patch reset their power, is that true?
    I mean they just fixed the relationship bug but left vampires out?
    My game is updating right now and I'm afraid to play

I believe you can still play with vampires if you stay on their home lot, they seem to lose their powers when you travel elsewhere with them.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2017
    As stated above, the vampire perks will no longer function once you travel to a different lot. This applies to all vampires in the household, not just the one(s) you have visit said lot. You can use the drought of reconfiguration to have the perks take effect again, but they will fail once again every time the player clears the load screen.

So, if you keep them at home then everything is fine. Not exactly ideal.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    And when will this be fixed? Thats horrible :'(
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    And when will this be fixed? Thats horrible :'(
    Your guess is as good as mine. I'd be more optimistic about the timing except for there being an EP drop tomorrow, which will no doubt be the team's priority. If I had to venture a wager I'd tell you to buckle up for a long road. This may be awhile.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    What. The. Crud.

That is all. :|
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Wow that is awful. I love traveling with my vampires. Please hotfix this...
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Is there a simguru we can tag to make aware of the issue?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    This why I haven't even opened the game since before the patch. Half of my vampires are already off the home lots. They are out hunting breakfast.
    @SimQARobo Can you please look into this? And will this get a hotfix? I am afraid now to play with my vampires...
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think this is the first time I have been truly angry about anything in Sims 4. If this patch maims Aubrey and his family in my game I will be really annoyed. Maybe some people don't like vampires, but for some of us, we do want to play them O.o.

Edit to add, right now my game is refusing the update and to open, it's half patched and now saying a file is in use. Sigh. I guess the headaches figuring that out are about to begin...
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    It's not fixed by that emergency update? :o
    edited November 2017
    So to clarify...

It isn't fixed.
    It doesn't seem to affect all vampire powers but it does seem permanent.
    It definitely affects deadened emotions and the social need decay thing. I only have this trait on sims from the gallery who have I think been hacked to have all their powers open so I am limited to using them alone as test models and I don't know whether that aspect has anything else to do with it but...
    Screenshot:
    sBnd7sK.png
    Sim went to the park and stood in the sun and was fine, but her deadened emotions were gone.

As far as I could see all her other skills are fine and she was able to detect a personality and teleport as mist.
    mW5aAtF.png

Sun immunity is not affected (which is a major gamechanger for me). The blond sim in the background of the 2nd picture is my main sim and he is fine, no sizzling. I also took Caleb Vatore for a walk around Oasis Springs in the sun and he was fine as well. So no sun deaths are likely because of this bug.

As mentioned above, when the sim returns home she is still 'happy' rather than 'fine'.

All her powers appear as normal on the power screen.

So yeah, all the things other people mentioned above are not fixed, as I only just got the updates to work on my game and this is the situation.

I can imagine that for people who use deadened emotions, and the need decay as part of key gameplay this is a very irritating bug :/ I am assuming it probably also affects energy decay perks.

Edit to add - moving the sim into a new lot seems to reset the perks. I moved my sim into a new lot and her 'fine' status returned. I am assuming that means everything is reset but I obviously don't know for sure. Now I am going to move her back to her main house and hopefully it will be back to status quo.
    P7acOJs.png

I think the message is that it seems like *most* vampires can go out safely but not those with the affected high level skills :/ but moving house does reset them if there isn't access to ingame potions or whatever else. Just the whole thing will probably happen again next they go out.

I am still not playing my main vampire house for now just in case :/ I don't really feel like playing while there are bugs in the system for vampires, but I wanted to check what the situation was :/
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    @Vraie So, it's only two skills being affected by this bug? And, luckily, none of the skills that are being used on my currents vamps. Thanks for being the brave soul to test this out, I truly appreciate it. Still, this kind of sucks, both for us players and the devs. Sometimes, when bugs like this crop up, we forget that our in-game frustration is only equaled by the devs' behind-the-scenes frustration as they rush to fix the problem and quickly and efficiently as possible...without causing yet another bug.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    There are at least four perks impacted -- Dampened Emotions, Beyond the Herd, Oderless and Immortal Pleasures. There may be others, but I have not been able to discern as of yet.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited November 2017
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, I can go well without everything else, except dampened emotions! Anyone tried to cure the vampires and turn them again? Or create/turn a new vamp to see if the issue is still there? I'm going to try it later because I see a trend here, some things are really buggy unless you start a brand new game :s
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I personally am really happy to see that sun immunity isn't affected.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited November 2017
    Livinity wrote: »
    plum, I can go well without everything else, except dampened emotions! Anyone tried to cure the vampires and turn them again? Or create/turn a new vamp to see if the issue is still there? I'm going to try it later because I see a trend here, some things are really buggy unless you start a brand new game :s
    Both newly-created vampires via CAS and cured and re-turned vampires in game suffer from the bug as well. A very expensive and inconvenient workaround is to create a drought of reconfiguration and use it to reset your points. That will give you the perks back, but you will suffer the same issue when you visit another lot, including returning to the home lot.

• SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    @SimQARobo Can you please look into this? And will this get a hotfix? I am afraid now to play with my vampires...

We're looking into it.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    Great, thank you. :)
    I also thank you. I know it's a busy time at Maxis with the new EP.
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Livinity wrote: »
    plum, I can go well without everything else, except dampened emotions! Anyone tried to cure the vampires and turn them again? Or create/turn a new vamp to see if the issue is still there? I'm going to try it later because I see a trend here, some things are really buggy unless you start a brand new game :s
    Both newly-created vampires via CAS and cured and re-turned vampires in game suffer from the bug as well. A very expensive and inconvenient workaround is to create a drought of reconfiguration and use it to reset your points. That will give you the perks back, but you will suffer the same issue when you visit another lot, including returning to the home lot.

I think I mentioned it earlier, but a less expensive one in terms of gameplay is to move the affected vampire to a new lot. My sim as experimented on above moved out into her own lot and everything was immediately reset. I moved her back home and she is still 'fine' all the time now. Until of course she goes out again. Yeah, doing that is hassle, but it does mean you don't have to create a draft of reconfiguration. It is still only a temporary fix and it doesn't help if you want your sim to go out again.

I figured the other stat ones were also affected but what I really wanted to test by taking my sim out was whether sun immunity was affected as I think that one is a pretty big deal for a lot of people. It certainly is to me :/ It is a nusiance but less of a nusiance than it might have been if all the powers were knocked out. :/ but then if you have worked up a vampire from base to top level and earned those points and stats, it must be really aggravating to lose them :/ That's the one thing I wasn't able to test as none of my own raised vampires had those traits and the ones I have are from the gallery so I don't know their history.

@SimsLovinLycan, no problem. I still haven't actually loaded my main vampire house although none of them have the affected traits. Fortunately this sim I used to experiment with is only peripheral to my story so if she had fritzed or been permanently affected it wouldn't have been the end of the world. And I really wanted to know how it affected my main neighbourhood because I do not want to have to start a new game and abandon my sims and I think most people feel that way too.

Glad that it's being worked on.

Now slightly worried about the 'culling' option and whether this is going to affect any of my ghosts. Specifically the ghost of my sun-death vampire on my main lot because I'd be gutted to lose him...he's very important to my story, and that's another reason I am afraid to open the main lot. Although I still have ghosts of other sims appearing, that one is a vampire and this is a vampire bug so yeah...I am a bit worried if there are other consequences :/
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    Also, on a tangential note, has anyone else noticed that their sane vampire sims have the insane "flirt with self in mirror" option? How in Vlad's name am I supposed to do that when I can't even see my own reflection? :p Now if my sim were insane that I could understand, "Hey, there, gorgeous, has anyone ever told you what a lovely neck you have there? Wait, Vlad did! Well, we'll just see about that! And how long have you two been carrying on anyway?" o:)

Looks like I'm going to have to put my vampires into deep hibernation mode until these bugs gets sorted out. Maybe they'll let us eat kittens by way of apology >:)

Hey, look it's my first post! B)
    edited November 2017
    All of the sims have the flirt with self option in my game now for some odd reason. I think the humans as well, and I was going to post about this :/ I am also a little bit concerned by adults getting ++ and -- for things like Responsibility which they surely should have left behind as teenagers (this is from Parenthood not Vampires) so it seems there are a few weird things going on, not just with the vampires.

The patch also reset some of the aspiration tracks but fortunately it wasn't lost completely. I had the vampire level reduced down to 0 on the Master Vampire path, and no won spars showing up, but as soon as he started reading and fighting the prior data came back.

Another interesting thing about the main bug. Marlowe, the vampire I'm playing at the moment, reached Prime status while at the gym following a training session with Aubrey. When I opened up the stats page to look at the options for vampire powers, Vampiric Slumber was not available:
    5PptctP.png

When I got him back home to the lot, it was available again to select as a power.

So whatever is affecting these stats is something in the mechanism actively blocking them, not only from being used but also from being selected while the sim is away from their home lot. Whatever it is is obviously not present on the home lot as the stat option is returned.

• JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Honestly, I don't get this. Why can't I change the skin color and vampire details for my vampire sim? the option is nowhere in CAS?
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @SimQARobo in addition to the affected vampire powers, now some of my vampires are discovered as ALIENS by other sims. At the relationship panel you can see the sim is a vampire but also you can see the alien known icon :o This was trigger in my game at the Bar Alien Nght at BB. Maybe this is a issue because now Alien and Vampires are merged at CAS?

Also vampires are not sleeping: I play rotational, vampires are "eating" but not sleeping :D When I change households my vampires are tired, even the powerful ones (all the houses are full of beds or coffins). Also they are not recovering from sunlight :o My weaks vampires are dying too often!!! Look, in one sim day and just a few steps to reach a door. They are keeping the damage from many sims day:

6ISnopc.png
    DxcT12u.png

I hope we can have a fix o:)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top