Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A New Issue with the Nov. 7 Patch?

cbartsch69cbartsch69 Posts: 169 Member
I've read through all the threads on issues with this new patch, and I'm hoping this information helps others. My observation is related but not the same.

I've been able to play the game just fine with the new patch--even checked out the new roofs in build without issue. I played all day and the saves were all fine. (And no, no CC for me that could be causing this issue, just as an FYI.)

Today, I decided to check out the "favorite households" to make sure all my created ones were favorited--they were but I had too many (aka over 80). I bumped up to the 200 max, then went into the unplayed, game created households and decided to delete a handful of them. I did, then tried to load. And I got that infamous Code 102 (102:70c7f9a6:6aa41f3 to be exact).

SO, I of course searched online and figured out how to recover the game without any gameplay loss (I save a LOT for just this reason). Then I decided to try it again, just to see if I could pinpoint what caused the error.

I went back into the manage households tab, changed to 150 max this time and saved. I went back into my game and it played just fine. Then I went back into manage households and deleted just a few unplayed households--making sure this time to not delete any that were currently living in the world.

It crashed again.

I restored, and tried once more. This time, I deleted just one household (evicted and deleted the Pancakes...poor Pancakes) that I don't think anyone in the current household had a relationship with. Loaded the game and it played and saved just fine.

NEXT, I tried deleting just one sim I know someone in my current household has a relationship with (goodbye green-bearded Harrison).

The game crashed.

Even though it seems I'd found my issue, I tried another test. I reloaded my most recently played game (which of course restored the green-bearded Harrison), played a bit and saved it fine. Then I went back into manage world, deleted a whole bunch of unplayed households (including greenie Harrison again).

THEN, still within that same test save, I went into CAS instead of back into that played households with relationships built. I made an entirely brand new single sim (aka no existing relationships of any kind) and moved him into a house just fine. BUT, when I tried to go in and play this sim who was sans relationships I got the same Code 102 error.

SO, I went back and restored a save with the Pancakes still in existence (yay Pancakes!), just in case.

Because--although it's never been a problem before--it now seems that if you delete a sim that has relationships with any household you've previously played or intend to play in the future, it causes it to crash. So I guess I won't be deleting any game-created sims until this is fixed.

I hope this testing is helpful to people!

(ETA--Maybe it's just me, but every time I encounter issues like these that make my game go haywire, I picture that scene in WEIRD SCIENCE where things go haywire because: "You forgot to hook up the doll." Which makes me think that someone at EA forgot to hook up the Sim!)

Comments