Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants Seasons to be the next expansion after Cats and Dogs?

Comments

• kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    I want Seasons to be the next expansion
    I hope it’s the next expansion pack. I remember being hyped for the seasons pack in the sims 3. It’s my most favorite expansion pack. Hopefully it’s the same with Sims 4. :smile:
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I never had Seasons in TS3, only because I had a rubbish computer and I was afraid of even more lag. I would love for Seasons to be the next expansion pack for sure.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    ME!!! I would happily pay the silly price of £34.99 just to have seasons. I really want seasons, pets (so happy to have!!!) and Uni. Once I have them I will be a very happy girl!
  • JessicaBPlyrJessicaBPlyr Posts: 70 Member
    Seasons is most definitely the one thing I've been waiting for! That and Apartment building where we can build an Apartment from the ground up. Personally, I think Seasons and possibly Apartments could probably be done in a Game Pack. If they did that then Id want a Vacation EP. Never really got into the whole UNI thing but would still like to have that too for realism in my game.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Seasons or celebrity/fame would be okay with me
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ScrapbooksimsScrapbooksims Posts: 144 Member
    Yes! Seasons is probably going to be a best-seller. Please come to Sims 4 soon.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I really hope it's next, I'm so done with the sunny every day life. I want rain and snow, just weather in general.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• capricce2capricce2 Posts: 7 New Member
    I really want seasons to be next, maybe combined with vacations. I would love a winter ski resort and tropical island paradise! B) But what I really need badly is the possibilty to add more lots! And/or more neighborhoods/worlds with empty lots.
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Fingers crossed..

I'm really hoping that it will be the next expansion pack! :)
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • inochikageinochikage Posts: 19 Member
    I really really want a supernatural-esq expansion (although that probably isn't happening thanks to the vampire gp, they'll probably all come separate if at all), but my absolute favorite expansion for 3 was seasons. With seasons for the sims 4, though, I want it to come with the Eco-friendly living stuff pack was gonna come with that laundry day came out instead of. I think it'd be nice if EA leaned into the isolation of Sims 4 by making it so that your sims can rough it off of the grid.
  • simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    Seasons in Sims 3 was amazing!! I've been wanting to go download it again just so I can play some of those expansion packs. But Sims 4 runs so much better on my laptop :|
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I don't want Seasons to be the next expansion
    I'd prefer a University/School related expansion or something new we haven't seen before. I would also be fine with seasons, if the seasons are well thought through and if the expansion contains some decent activities and gameplay (with actual consequences for cold and hot weather, like the possibility to get sunburn or freeze like a statue, and some new seasonal festivals), and not just some weather effects for show.
  • MadgersMadgers Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes!! the game is brilliant at the moment, Seasons would be great! I'd love a farming or recyling kind of idea and do you see that hoover in the sims thoughts, can we have that hahaha lol.
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    After City Living, the two expansions I really wanted were Pets and Seasons. Now that we are getting Cats and Dogs, who wants Seasons to be the next expansion? I think the atmosphere it will bring to the Sims 4 would be so awesome. I choose Seasons, I love the winter!
    I do! I love seasons, since the sims 4 came out i am waiting!!!!! I really love seasons changing, tored of green all the time, it's boring!
  • MinakatMinakat Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd LOVE to see Seasons become the next expansion pack available on the Sims 4. I live in an area with no visible change in seasons and it has always been fun to explore and enjoy some of those missed features throughout my experience with the Sims. I think something of a combination between Sims 2 and Sims 3 Seasons would be ideal. I was in love with the seasonal festivals they brought to Sims 3 and I think given the City Living festivals already available, this could be something to bring to gameplay.

Another one I'd be very excited to see would be a University and perhaps Generations/Family-based expansion. I really enjoyed the added features to each age group (eldery had canes, kids had make believe, etc.)
  • tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    Seasons is also a good EP but I think University then World Adventures are much more engaging IMO.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    I voted Yes for seasons because the game just feels so, how can I put this, non turning, if that makes sense. I mean, it's hard to imagine a world where it is one season FOREVER, day in and day out. We need something to break things up, give the sims worlds that feeling of revolving, like time is moving. I certainly do not see the reason for all of the non summer time CAS items we have currently, especially when there is no need to put on boots/sweaters/hats, etc, and quite frankly, it looks plum ridiculous (and this is even with the very nice items).

However, I would love to have a vacation world, but again EA would have to wow me with this one, if it isn't going to truly function as a vacation world, versus just another few lots to visit, I'd rather not have it. It can be done well though, look at those adorable toddlers.
  • Sandra_OskSandra_Osk Posts: 3 New Member
    I really do want seasons but I also really need a University pack.
  • pathospathos Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd prefer university, perhaps with university specific professions, or a "super natural" esque expansions. Vampires are good and all... But I want werewolves, fey, witches, etc. etc. Like in Sims 3. Seasons never did much for me, in any sims. I just never got the point.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Would love seasons. But i would also like to see the nanny career again. I loved it in TS3
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• lostandconfusedlostandconfused Posts: 1 New Member
    I kinda want to see them do more for the sports aspect along with seasons. like how we have olympics, add different variations of winter/summer sports and be able to have your sims compete.
  • laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    I'd love to have seasons next.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:

> The devs had stated during live Q & A's that we would not get a World Adventure game in Sims 4. They said too much controversy over quests and such made it not very popular. I was one of the people who loved it and was sad to hear that - but that is what they said - so I would not be expecting it if I was you. Many Simmers did object to questing in that game - as they said - seeing a lot of my own friends did as well, but I sort of had fun with that pack. But they won't make games that create controversy or that didn't sell as well unfortunately for those of us that did like it.

Oh I didn't meant to have quests the way TS3 WA did (I like it though), but I do want special maps that showcase those new Seasons. Like Granite Falls, but around the worlds. It's just that the biggest reference I got for it was World Adventure. Say we have the same mechanics like Granite Falls but in North Pole, where you can live inside an Igloo or snowboarding resorts, meeting snow wolves (bears...yeti...), exploring ice shaft, Winter Sports Festival / championship, something like that.

It would be a lot more interesting than just having some snow textures on say, San Myshuno. And maybe some real Ice Bucket Challenge for Sims ? Also, Since this is a supernatural game, the idea can be expanded even further as far as their lore & imagination go. Since this is probably going to be the last batch of EPs then at least I hope they don't end the title on a sour note.

I am soooooo glad they changed their mind or maybe it was a way to tease us to see how we felt. Those sly Devs. LOL. Can't wait for this gp to come out!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Considering how vastly improved the partial pets we've got compared to, well basically any previous TS games, I'm guessing Seasons are going to be BIG (unless they decided to make every season as a standalone game pack, lol). So, my best guess is University will probably be next, since we're probably getting the equivalent of World Adventures first before seeing Seasons.

Heh, they'll probably combine them both and make said game packs. Leaving the Granite Falls mechanics only for tropical (boring) climate or probably Dorms (when combined with City Living that is) is NOT cool. Seriously.

Besides, we've already got most of the mechanics for University anyway. They just really need to combine everything they've released to this date and we've got it. Most major faculties jobs already existed, so making its University counterpart wouldn't be all that hard. Scoring systems will probably somewhere like the Vet business (ex. they just need to combine Vets and GTW Careers and you've got the STEM area well covered. except well, mathematics. That's going to be attending a LOT of classes.) and instead from 1-5, it's 1.0-4.0 since C/GPA 5.0 doesn't exist. Boom. And probably, vampires lore styled skills while attending Universities ? :|

Oh, since we've got babies to adults now and with the addition of parenthood, seems University is really the most sensible thing right now.

During the yearly periods we'll probably seeing some uhh, "EP leftovers" or "project finalization" addition. Like farm (ex. rabbits, chickens, sheep, cows, etc. since the game isn't open world). Definitely didn't mind horses (and more gold poop bricks! o:) ) though. That one hit me real hard since I can see cats and dogs practically everywhere IRL but horses are usually once every 5 mile radius. And that's if I'm lucky, lol. Nah, no need an open world map for horses. That's racism. Besides, most horses don't mind in a stable and only walk for a few blocks. Heh they might actually be grateful for that (?).

Well, that is if they've decided to continue the development of TS4. Yeah it's either that or they've got a better plan(s) or we probably got TS5 somewhere in around 2020. Just my two cents. Oh it's too long, isn't it ? My bad. :D

The devs had stated during live Q & A's that we would not get a World Adventure game in Sims 4. They said too much controversy over quests and such made it not very popular. I was one of the people who loved it and was sad to hear that - but that is what they said - so I would not be expecting it if I was you. Many Simmers did object to questing in that game - as they said - seeing a lot of my own friends did as well, but I sort of had fun with that pack. But they won't make games that create controversy or that didn't sell as well unfortunately for those of us that did like it.

The upcoming GP could have some aspects of WA when it comes to exploring, finding collectibles and such, but different in that it'll be a single destination rather than three different ones, and there won't be so much of the "questing" like having to earn "visa levels" in order to stay longer -- you'll be able to stay until your money runs out like you can with Granite Falls. In a sense it'll be like Parenthood which isn't a direct copy of Generations but just focuses on aspects of Generation that relate to parenting; the new pack could have aspects of WA but not be a complete clone. Besides, remember the guiding theme of The Sims 4: Things Change(tm) :D

I think the fact they actually offer a vacation OR a quest will make the difference to some players who did not like WA because of the constant need to quest. I did try to just have a vacation honeymoon in Eygpt in WA - and it went rather badly as a vacation. So with them actually making it more of a players choice in JA I do believe it will be better for those who had not liked WA - at the same time making it fun for those of us that wanted both.

I am so glad they changed their minds and made this pack. I am stoked and anxiously waiting for it to come out.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2018
    When Seasons comes out, the Mod "Snow Day" will be redundant. Not that I don't want Seasons. I just think there are better things.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.