Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do DBPF files go?

Am new to the CC thing in TS4, so going easy. I downloaded a house a couple of days ago, and put the various files where the maker said to. In the tray. However, there are also 4 DBPF files, and he didn't say where they go. They weren't even among the types listed. I apologize if this has been posted before, but I've not the time to wade through 70+ pages of topics, and the search was useless.

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Hi @Oldeseadogge could you please post a link to the House? I am not familiar with those files either, but I'm happy to try and suss things out.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Aren't DBPF files package files?
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I don't have even the foggiest idea of how to post a link. The house in question is the Red and White Contemporary by Iam4ever, found on Mod the Sims. In the main folder there is a blueprint file, a tray item file, and several BPI files - all of which the maker said to put into the tray folder. There is also a secondary folder called Doors and Windows, which is where the DBPF files are. Do they go into the tray folder as well, the Mods folder, or (like in TS2) do I make a Downloads folder for them to live in? Or something else? Sims2 was so much easier: have some CC? put it into Downloads, end of story. This mess of a game farce makes everything a federal project. :(

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    I don't have even the foggiest idea of how to post a link. The house in question is the Red and White Contemporary by Iam4ever, found on Mod the Sims. In the main folder there is a blueprint file, a tray item file, and several BPI files - all of which the maker said to put into the tray folder. There is also a secondary folder called Doors and Windows, which is where the DBPF files are. Do they go into the tray folder as well, the Mods folder, or (like in TS2) do I make a Downloads folder for them to live in? Or something else? Sims2 was so much easier: have some CC? put it into Downloads, end of story. This mess of a game farce makes everything a federal project. :(

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Those are package files, they go in your mods folder.

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @Oldeseadogge I downloaded the file you mentioned today and didn't see the DBPF files. I did notice that there had been an update since the original post so maybe they were removed/fixed. According to Google DBPF are a kind of file associated with Sims City 4, that as @Jagwithtude mentioned function like a .package files. Good to know!
    Thanks for the help, ladies! Now can get it in game and see if it's as good as I think it may be. Certainly looks promising. Required the parenting pack, so got that, so should be good to go.

Swedes 'rock it'? I always thought you folks are quiet, mind your own business, and are busy with taking care of your farms, fish, and forests. An aunt married into a Swedish family, many of whom were fresh from home, and that's what they mostly talked about. Then there was Andy (Henning Anderson), a cousin of some sort of great antiquity, who was always good for colorful tales of days gone by. That was more decades ago than I care to think about.

Again, thanks!
    Thanks for the help, ladies! Now can get it in game and see if it's as good as I think it may be. Certainly looks promising. Required the parenting pack, so got that, so should be good to go.

Swedes 'rock it'? I always thought you folks are quiet, mind your own business, and are busy with taking care of your farms, fish, and forests. An aunt married into a Swedish family, many of whom were fresh from home, and that's what they mostly talked about. Then there was Andy (Henning Anderson), a cousin of some sort of great antiquity, who was always good for colorful tales of days gone by. That was more decades ago than I care to think about.

Again, thanks!

Hahaha, nah, Sweden has changed a lot and we rock it very well these days :D

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

Thanks to your help have gotten the place set up and operating. I think it took longer to find the right sized lot (30x30) than make a sim to put into it and start exploring the house. One beautiful example of caring creativity! Not a bit of CC, yet there's lots of furniture and decorative items that I never knew were in the game. The game's paradox, lots of beautiful things of all sorts alongside unbelievable lack of thought and worse execution. Found only 2 30x30 lots in the whole game, and one of them is in Forgotten Hollow, which is no place to put the 'sister house'.

Still, I've got this one, and it looks like huge fun.

Again, thanks!

I have been educated. Do you folks actually have a summer, or is it always cold up there? I've heard the Baltic is frozen over much of the year. Closest I've been to the place is the afore mentioned relatives and the training ship Alvsnabben. My ship was outbound from Long Beach in California and it was just outside the entry. I was the only guy on the ship who knew what it was.
    edited November 2017

Again, thanks!

I have been educated. Do you folks actually have a summer, or is it always cold up there? I've heard the Baltic is frozen over much of the year. Closest I've been to the place is the afore mentioned relatives and the training ship Alvsnabben. My ship was outbound from Long Beach in California and it was just outside the entry. I was the only guy on the ship who knew what it was.

Yes, we actually have a summer although it can be a short one, the nice thing is that in the summer it isn't dark for very long, I live on the west coast, so we are kind of at the bottom of the long days but still, sun comes up at around 4 am in the beginning of June and goes down at around 10 pm it never really gets dark kind of stays dusk like, the higher north you go the longer the days are, of course the winter is very dark, I guess you just get used to it.

I do have a tiny confession to make, I am actually an American coming from Huntington beach Cal. but I have been living in Sweden for the past 32 years, so I am kind of Swedish, in my own way. :)

I am glad you like the house you downloaded, I can't build to save my life but I can do a heck of a remodel, so I often download houses for my game as well.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

You are a brave and hardy soul! I know what the weather in Huntington Beach is like, so that is one serious change. Quality of life there must be good enough to make that kind of leap and for so long. I like building, but mostly in Sims2, which I find is actually easier than in 4, especially when it comes to Victorian which is my preferred style. In 4 I tend to download and tinker, so we're the same there.
    BTW, you familiar with the MCCC I keep hearing about here?
    You are a brave and hardy soul! I know what the weather in Huntington Beach is like, so that is one serious change. Quality of life there must be good enough to make that kind of leap and for so long. I like building, but mostly in Sims2, which I find is actually easier than in 4, especially when it comes to Victorian which is my preferred style. In 4 I tend to download and tinker, so we're the same there.
    BTW, you familiar with the MCCC I keep hearing about here?

Wow, sorry for the late reply, yep went from warm and sunny to not so warm or very sunny but I love Sweden, both my boys were born and grew up here, I don't think I could ever live in the states again.

MCCC, yes, I know and use the mod, couldn't play the game without it, is there something specific you are looking for to make your game more enjoyable? if so just ask and this time it won't take me so long to reply back. :)

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

Yes, there is, actually. I prefer to play rotating among households, partly from that's how it is in TS2 and partly from I like to do interconnecting photo stories so I need to have my sims still where I parked them when I get back to a particular household. Unfortunately, TS4 does not provide for that. I have no idea where a given sim will be or what they are up to. The worst case was when a married couple decided to have babies on their own, which totally botched the whole deal. Am hoping that MCCC will enable me to turn that off. As it now stands the game is pretty much unplayable unless I do only one household per game save, which is a waste and one of the main reasons I gave up on TS3 years ago. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you may be able to give.
    Yes, there is, actually. I prefer to play rotating among households, partly from that's how it is in TS2 and partly from I like to do interconnecting photo stories so I need to have my sims still where I parked them when I get back to a particular household. Unfortunately, TS4 does not provide for that. I have no idea where a given sim will be or what they are up to. The worst case was when a married couple decided to have babies on their own, which totally botched the whole deal. Am hoping that MCCC will enable me to turn that off. As it now stands the game is pretty much unplayable unless I do only one household per game save, which is a waste and one of the main reasons I gave up on TS3 years ago. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you may be able to give.

I rotate households as well, playing one household is boring for me, the main reason I use MCCC is for the story progression that TS3 had, although it is a part of MCCC you do not need to use it, the beauty of MCCC is you set it up the way you want it set up.
    I do have a question though, you wrote that "when a married couple decided to have babies on their own" I didn't think this could happen in TS4 because there is no story progression in this game, so that when you rotate to another household, the other households stay the same, they just age and die, are you having this happen in your game even without MCCC in your game?

MCCC does have features in it that you can set to bypass all households marked as played, so that when you rotate to a new household nothing like pregnancy or marriage will happen when you are not playing that household, so in theory, you can stop this from happening in your game.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

It may not have story progression as a named entity, but sims go about whatever they like, even when am not playing them. In this case, a family I was playing had one baby under my gaming control. I saved and left said family to shift to the various others (6, I think) in that particular game save. It took about 3 weeks to get back to that family, and when I got to it, discovered the baby was now a child and there was a new baby! All on their own. There may not be 'story progression" (which I don't like the idea of when it comes to own sims) but there sure is life progression. That is what I want to stop cold. I'm wanting Sims2 style play where you put a household on pause, save it, and find your sims exactly where you left them when you get back from playing another family. Not sure if the current situation is a hold over from sims 3 or from the TS4 online fiasco, but it sure makes a mockery of the company's oft proclaimed 'you control/rule' claim. It so often comes across as the company/game rules and they let us watch.
    edited November 2017
    It may not have story progression as a named entity, but sims go about whatever they like, even when am not playing them. In this case, a family I was playing had one baby under my gaming control. I saved and left said family to shift to the various others (6, I think) in that particular game save. It took about 3 weeks to get back to that family, and when I got to it, discovered the baby was now a child and there was a new baby! All on their own. There may not be 'story progression" (which I don't like the idea of when it comes to own sims) but there sure is life progression. That is what I want to stop cold. I'm wanting Sims2 style play where you put a household on pause, save it, and find your sims exactly where you left them when you get back from playing another family. Not sure if the current situation is a hold over from sims 3 or from the TS4 online fiasco, but it sure makes a mockery of the company's oft proclaimed 'you control/rule' claim. It so often comes across as the company/game rules and they let us watch.

Ah now I understand what you mean, you can play with ageing off, you can find that in the games own options menu, I think this will turn off ageing for every sim in the game though. Not sure how the other baby was born if you didn't "try for a baby" before you left that family.

If you want your NPC's to still age and die but not your played households, MCCC has a flagging system in place, you would just need to flag each sim that you don't want to age, it might be a hassle for you depending on how many sims you have in the households you play.

I agree with you about the "you rule" thing, that is a big reason I have mods my game so that I can play my way. Sorry that I really couldn't help you with your ageing problem. Here is a link to MCCC's tumblr page if you would like to check out all of the stuff MCCC does just click on the little gray documentation tab and a list of all of the different MCCC modules will drop down, who knows you might find something else that MCCC can do for you and your game. https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/

PS it might look like a lot of stuff, actually it is :) but setting up MCCC in your game is a piece of cake and you only change the things you want to change all settings in MCCC are set to EA's default settings, so nothing in your game will change unless you change the settings yourself.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

ageing isn't the problem, as I have that turned off for everyone. It's that time still moves along, even though no one ages, so the sims go and do whatever they want where and whenever they want while I'm not around. I presume that includes making babies. It's that I'm wanting to stop for sims in the households I'm playing, essentially making time in TS4 how it is in TS2.