Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help!-Error Code is showing up!

2...Next

Comments

• EwelingsEwelings Posts: 58 Member
    rosemow,

Thank you
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Hey @rosemow! I just tried what you recommended. It worked! I had saved before this all happened. Now, I've got a save file named something like "My Saved Game 1 [recovered]". I didn't know I could do that, but now I know just in case there's a next time. Thank you :)

I had the same issue occur and after repairing the game with no result, I tried this and it worked :) Thank you @rosemow

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Hey @rosemow! I just tried what you recommended. It worked! I had saved before this all happened. Now, I've got a save file named something like "My Saved Game 1 [recovered]". I didn't know I could do that, but now I know just in case there's a next time. Thank you :)

I had the same issue occur and after repairing the game with no result, I tried this and it worked :) Thank you @rosemow

Your welcome :) I am glad it worked,
  • blesmewiturbutyblesmewiturbuty Posts: 1 New Member
    Sad to say this isn't working for me..my game is saying fail to save 510---something. I couldn't even access my old saves because the little loading circles were just turning and turning. I started a new game and after my pet aged up i wanted to go in cas and give him a collar..come out of cas and he's a kitten again..also i had 3 different outfits for my sim went into cas and they were all the same (if this helps at all).
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Cause: Deleting a household
    Fix: Do not delete a household until Maxis fixes this game breaking bug.
    Simple.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm curious as to when this problem might be fixed. Will we have to wait until the next patch? Every time we do or go anywhere more uglies will develop. There will be hundreds of them before too long. I have more than enough townies that I fixed up, I don't need more of them and I wish there was a way to stop them from spawning. We need control over this.
  • AlthaiaSBRAlthaiaSBR Posts: 16 New Member
    I am having the same issue with error 510, I thought maybe it was my cc. Since I am seeing others having this problem all I can do is hope. I can't move anyone into my family, I can't even cheat move them in. When I go to save after doing this it comes up with that error. Or if I leave the house with a sim this happens. Does anyone know when they plan on updating?
  • JPLoverJPLover Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started having this issue after the last patch update. I can't save any household, and I have never deleted a household. I'm working on a legacy, and have never deleted a household, and the only time I deleted a sim was over 3 months ago.

I tried Rosemow's suggestion, and it hasn't worked. I have recovered three different previous saves, and I can't save any household for any of them.

Must I try recovering a save before any of the recent patches?

Also, I took out recent CC, and tried with and without mods. I only have one expansion pack, Get to Work, and two game packs, Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat.

The game is unplayable, if I can't save. Any additional suggestions welcomed.

Save Error codes received:
    510:bf6bofo7c:el4201b4
    510:78170847:656cldbd
    JPLover wrote: »
    I just started having this issue after the last patch update. I can't save any household, and I have never deleted a household. I'm working on a legacy, and have never deleted a household, and the only time I deleted a sim was over 3 months ago.

I tried Rosemow's suggestion, and it hasn't worked. I have recovered three different previous saves, and I can't save any household for any of them.

Must I try recovering a save before any of the recent patches?

Also, I took out recent CC, and tried with and without mods. I only have one expansion pack, Get to Work, and two game packs, Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat.

The game is unplayable, if I can't save. Any additional suggestions welcomed.

Save Error codes received:
    510:bf6bofo7c:el4201b4
    510:78170847:656cldbd

Hello @JPLover
    If you haven’t already done this, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop and then test to to see if the issue remains.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game also.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • IsolldaIsollda Posts: 3 New Member
    Hii..

I have problem when i save the game and its said the game failed to save error code 510:57bb8ad:24fd25a7
    Pleasa help i dont know how to fix it
    Isollda wrote: »
    Hii..

I have problem when i save the game and its said the game failed to save error code 510:57bb8ad:24fd25a7
    Pleasa help i dont know how to fix it

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • George_E_2005George_E_2005 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am getting this error and we have a brand new PC as well as a brand new store bought copy of SIMS 4. Extremely frustration! PLEASE HELP!
    It says that Origin needs to be running yet the origin program is running and logged in.
    I am getting this error and we have a brand new PC as well as a brand new store bought copy of SIMS 4. Extremely frustration! PLEASE HELP!
    It says that Origin needs to be running yet the origin program is running and logged in.

Hello @George_E_2005
    This link refers to your error message
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/08/origin-not-running-d3382ced984c6a3800000000/
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps the issue
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member

Guys, I was having this issue too and discovered that it was windows defender blocking sims4 from accessing folders. If you have windows 10 try this.

Open windows defender,
    Click on "virus and threat protection settings",
    Scroll down to "controlled folder access" and switch it off.
    Then try going into the game again.

This worked for me so I thought I should share.
  • kllldmvselfkllldmvself Posts: 1 New Member
    > @aujineh said:
    > Guys, I was having this issue too and discovered that it was windows defender blocking sims4 from accessing folders. If you have windows 10 try this.
    >
    > Open windows defender,
    > Click on "virus and threat protection settings",
    > Scroll down to "controlled folder access" and switch it off.
    > Then try going into the game again.
    >
    > This worked for me so I thought I should share.

about to try it out, thank you so much. glad i found this threat XD
  • liljessicajoeliljessicajoe Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same problem with the error 123. I've tried clearing my cache, repairing my game, taking all my mods out one by one (recent to oldest). Nothing is working for me. I just uninstalled Sims 4 and I'm reinstalling it now, but I don't know what else to do..
    I'm having the same problem with the error 123. I've tried clearing my cache, repairing my game, taking all my mods out one by one (recent to oldest). Nothing is working for me. I just uninstalled Sims 4 and I'm reinstalling it now, but I don't know what else to do..

Hello
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play and see if you can play that version. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • LadyPoodleLadyPoodle Posts: 1 New Member
    Um i know this is late, but I'm sort of having the same problem... I downloaded a mods folder from someone and it worked fine for the first few days that i got it... idk if its the patches or a cc that got corrupted, it started giving me those messages after it loads. I don't know what cc is keeping it from work QwQ most of the mods work fine... I really wanted to play since I alot of cool cc ;;
    LadyPoodle wrote: »
    Um i know this is late, but I'm sort of having the same problem... I downloaded a mods folder from someone and it worked fine for the first few days that i got it... idk if its the patches or a cc that got corrupted, it started giving me those messages after it loads. I don't know what cc is keeping it from work QwQ most of the mods work fine... I really wanted to play since I alot of cool cc ;;

Hello @LadyPoodle
    It can cause many game issues if you use the mods folder from another simmer. The mods/cc may have been broken by patches, and you may not know what sites that the cc/mods were downloaded from. This means you also don’t have usage instructions or where to locate items in the game.
    It would be best to remove the mods folder. Then remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder. Start the game and a new mods folder will be generated. Then start fresh with your own mods /cc that you download yourself.
  • ROSEBRIAR42ROSEBRIAR42 Posts: 12 New Member
    I keep getting error code:ff495b5:e82be880 and updating mods isn't helping at all. Any suggestions?
    I keep getting error code:ff495b5:e82be880 and updating mods isn't helping at all. Any suggestions?

Hello @ROSEBRIAR42
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.