Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

11/7 patch, sim arms bug (CC-related issue)

13...Next

Comments

• susman223susman223 Posts: 7 New Member
    it sounds like this situation will fix itself
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    @Karallyne, I don't know if you saw but, Andrew over at Sims 4 Studio posted that he thinks he can fix your issue in the next Sims 4 Studio update!
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    @Karallyne, I don't know if you saw but, Andrew over at Sims 4 Studio posted that he thinks he can fix your issue in the next Sims 4 Studio update!

yup I did see it! Thank you!
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > @Karallyne, I don't know if you saw but, Andrew over at Sims 4 Studio posted that he thinks he can fix your issue in the next Sims 4 Studio update!

I worded it weirdly, im very tired, i ment to say that this problem is getting solved afterall
  • ValogirlValogirl Posts: 6 New Member
    > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > susman223 wrote: »
    >
    > I am having a simmular problem to the original poster, but all of my cc that effects legs makes the arms merge into the legs, EA PLEASE FIX THIS
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > EA isn't going to fix a CC related issue. It isn't their responsibility to.
    > Hopefully whenever S4S gets updated a batch fix can used to fix this, but that's just me with my fingers crossed :p

I'm a bit confused. If we just download the CC from TSR and don't create our own in Sims 4 Studio, will downloading S4S with this batch fix help, or is it only for the creators of the CC? I'd have to go back and re-download everything from TSR after the various CC creators have hopefully updated their S4S or is there another way?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2017
    Valogirl wrote: »
    > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > susman223 wrote: »
    >
    > I am having a simmular problem to the original poster, but all of my cc that effects legs makes the arms merge into the legs, EA PLEASE FIX THIS
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > EA isn't going to fix a CC related issue. It isn't their responsibility to.
    > Hopefully whenever S4S gets updated a batch fix can used to fix this, but that's just me with my fingers crossed :p

I'm a bit confused. If we just download the CC from TSR and don't create our own in Sims 4 Studio, will downloading S4S with this batch fix help, or is it only for the creators of the CC? I'd have to go back and re-download everything from TSR after the various CC creators have hopefully updated their S4S or is there another way?

No, when the batch fix is released you just open S4S and run it and it will fix all of your files that need fixing. You don't need to sit and wait for creators to update their files. The catch is that whenever you download CC that was created before this patch, you'll probably have to run the fix on it again.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ValogirlValogirl Posts: 6 New Member
    > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > Valogirl wrote: »
    >
    > > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > > susman223 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I am having a simmular problem to the original poster, but all of my cc that effects legs makes the arms merge into the legs, EA PLEASE FIX THIS
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > EA isn't going to fix a CC related issue. It isn't their responsibility to.
    > > Hopefully whenever S4S gets updated a batch fix can used to fix this, but that's just me with my fingers crossed :p
    >
    >
    > I'm a bit confused. If we just download the CC from TSR and don't create our own in Sims 4 Studio, will downloading S4S with this batch fix help, or is it only for the creators of the CC? I'd have to go back and re-download everything from TSR after the various CC creators have hopefully updated their S4S or is there another way?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No, when the batch fix is released you just open S4S and run it and it will fix all of your files that need fixing. You don't need to sit and wait for creators to update their files. The catch is that whenever you download CC that was created before this patch, you'll probably have to run the fix on it again.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the explanation. Hope they release a fix ASAP!
  • Ninator1985Ninator1985 Posts: 7 New Member
    I have seen that there is a new sims 4 studio in a oficial page.
    Do you know if that fixes the problem of arms attached to clothes? It says that it is version 3.1.0.0 and I have version 3.0.1.5 of Harmony, which is what I used before the patch. If you know if it fixes ... could you tell me the steps please?
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited November 2017
    Do you know if that fixes the problem of arms attached to clothes? It says that it is version 3.1.0.0 and I have version 3.0.1.5 of Harmony, which is what I used before the patch. If you know if it fixes ... could you tell me the steps please?

Right now the only batch fix they have is for CC beds S4S Wishes is the new one for PC and Candy Apple for MAC
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

you have an old version (even before the patch, it was old)
    the most current version is 3.1.0.3 of Wishes and it does not have a fix for this problem. The next version will.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    > @Valogirl said:
    > > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > > Valogirl wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @CyrusTheLoser said:
    > > > susman223 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > I am having a simmular problem to the original poster, but all of my cc that effects legs makes the arms merge into the legs, EA PLEASE FIX THIS
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > EA isn't going to fix a CC related issue. It isn't their responsibility to.
    > > > Hopefully whenever S4S gets updated a batch fix can used to fix this, but that's just me with my fingers crossed :p
    > >
    > >
    > > I'm a bit confused. If we just download the CC from TSR and don't create our own in Sims 4 Studio, will downloading S4S with this batch fix help, or is it only for the creators of the CC? I'd have to go back and re-download everything from TSR after the various CC creators have hopefully updated their S4S or is there another way?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > No, when the batch fix is released you just open S4S and run it and it will fix all of your files that need fixing. You don't need to sit and wait for creators to update their files. The catch is that whenever you download CC that was created before this patch, you'll probably have to run the fix on it again.
    >
    > Thank you very much, I appreciate the explanation. Hope they release a fix ASAP!

thanks
  • Ninator1985Ninator1985 Posts: 7 New Member
    Ok guys, thank you very much for answering, I'm from the Spanish forum, but I think I'm going to stay here with you. I feel better here than in the other forum. By the way, I think I'll wait for the next version of sims 4 studio to see if it is solved. I just sent a message to orangemittens to see what he tells me. If you tell me something about it, I'll tell you.
  • janneman1janneman1 Posts: 5 New Member
    It looks like we're in luck. This is a message from orangemittens posted on the wish list thread S4 Studio:

"Hi Eli , we plan to look into the disappearing sofas and couches. The version of Studio that goes up after the release of the Pets expansion will have a batch-fix for broken CAS items (the ones with their hands jammed into their sides). That version, or one soon after, will have a fix for sofas/couches (depending on how long it takes to update Studio for Pets). Obviously, getting Studio out there so people can mod the new Pets things is the priority, but we will not neglect the sofas/couches :)"
    Just to update for everyone who was having the arms glitch, Sims 4 Studio has been updated so you can download the latest version (Wishes 3.1.0.4) to fix this problem. To run the batch fix, you just have to run the program, click on Tools > Batch Fixes> CAS > Update Cas CC for Pets Patch and it'll fix all your files. Just be aware that you will probably need to run the fix whenever you download CC created before the pets patch.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    Just to update for everyone who was having the arms glitch, Sims 4 Studio has been updated so you can download the latest version (Wishes 3.1.0.4) to fix this problem. To run the batch fix, you just have to run the program, click on Tools > Batch Fixes> CAS > Update Cas CC for Pets Patch and it'll fix all your files. Just be aware that you will probably need to run the fix whenever you download CC created before the pets patch.

thank you for the update @cyrustheloser ! finally I can use my CC again. I added your instructions to the original post to help anyone who might come across this issue to see it.
  • noorannaanoorannaa Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I have the same problems with the arms in my sims 4 game. I don't make any cc myself but almost all the downloaded dresses and pants in my game have this problem. How do I fix this?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    noorannaa wrote: »
    Hello, I have the same problems with the arms in my sims 4 game. I don't make any cc myself but almost all the downloaded dresses and pants in my game have this problem. How do I fix this?

The answer is still the same, Sims 4 Studio has a batch fix that will solve this problem. Simply download Sims 4 Studio and install it. Membership is required to access the program but, it's free. http://sims4studio.com/thread/1523/downloading-sims-4-studio

Open the program and at the top of the main page click on the option for Content Management; then Batch Fixes; CAS; Update CAS CC Pets Patch; Run; Okay then you can close the program.

You may need to do this again in the future as the problem occurs with older CC and the batch fix only applies to CC you have in your Mods folder at the time you run the fix.