Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can make 3 improvements to TS4 to perfect it. What would you improve?

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited November 2017
    You can make 3 improvements to TS4 to perfect it. What would you improve?
    3 improvements are BY FAR not enough to even come close to TS4's perfection

this game has more omissions & bugs & glitches & limitations & simplifications & flatness to deal with those by the number of 3

... yeah, maybe rather something like 300 or 3000 would do :trollface:

a taste ?
    in no particular order & by no means complete :joy:

stair cases
    spiral stairs
    modular stairs
    modular awnings
    terrain tools
    swimmable ocean
    ownable & interactable cars
    jogging in a group
    definable traits (working as clubs are)
    buy a mattress for any bed with different comfort
    loans
    city structure (townhall, laundromat, hospital ...)
    no uneditable backdrops but towns actually made by me & not by app devs
    hospital actually functioning as one for all sims, especially the sick
    assignable role assignments (bartenders, coworkers, employees ...)
    game using my own sims employed in jobs of a doctor & not randomly assigned newly spawned
    no uncontrolable spawning of sims
    100% assignment by me god player to role sims (gardener, gym trainer, housemaid ...)
    playable roles (all sims playable & not just backdrop filler)
    party outfits worn while clubbing
    outfits for festivals assignable in CAS
    career outfits assignable in CAS
    all social activities providing fun & social
    orders assigned to a sim actually performed & not dropped out of queue
    grass looking like ... grass
    editable spaces between lots
    flowers used as flowers ... um, bouquets anyone ?
    yoga for children
    battle station for teens & geeks
    cemeteries
    hotels
    smoothly working butlers & nannies
    actual sprinklers
    CASt
    no more browsing books while idle & repeat & repeat & ...
    no more wishing to buy toys, buy toys, buy toys ...
    no more wishing to buy 1x1 pool & again & again & ...
    memories
    important buffs lead the main emotion not triffles
    sickness not only decorational
    children playing together as children do, loud & running not just standing or sitting & chatting talking conversing like adults
    all jewelry actually appearing while worn & not that some clothing makes it invisible
    foundations per room & not per lot

edit :
    i might edit this list :lol:

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    3 MAIN additions to the sims 3: Open world. Story Mode with working cemetery and a consequences system so if said sims messed up it came back to haunt them later.

There's plenty more that need to be thrown in but if I could only add three, the above would be it.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    1. World creator
    2. CAS painter
    3. Build mode overhaul

The Sims 4 will be 4 years old this year. I don’t see any other large scale updates or free additions being added ever. Pretty much the home stretch where they rely on their DLC to ride out the remainder of the game’s development, regardless of how little they ultimately put out.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    1. Personality traits that matter and carry weight of choice and consequence; a genius should receive lucrative bonuses to their performance in school, whereas a mean Sim should actually have difficulty building friendships while making enemies is easier
    2. Gameplay-orientated development plans. No more stuff packs, and honestly for all I care they could just produce game packs from now on if the EP team is gonna perform so poorly at producing results.
    3. Let's not kid ourselves, it would actually be easier to just start anew with a new game.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    consequences system all for that as well as fear and accidental death
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    1. Just rename it to a spin-off because that's what it is in the franchise (calling it 'The Sims 4' is insulting, to me personally, as a fan).
    2. EP are 🐸🐸🐸🐸: keep and stay to the GP formula.
    3. As I was about the say the same as @DeservedCriticism, it honestly would be best to move to a better innovative new game, because on the engine TS4 is being development, I honestly don't see a bright future for this iteration. Is there really much to 'improve' upon If the limitations get in the way of screwing it up over and over again?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    fullspiral wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    3 improvements, eh?

1. For starters, I'd scrap S4 and re-visit what made the game so appealing in the first place.
    2. I'd stop worrying about being politically correct and non-offensive to the over-sensitive.
    3. I'd re-introduce a world creator and just have fun with a real parody on life (both the good and the bad).

This is all about money so that will never happen. With the changes to how other countries view content ( Pegi etc) it is about keeping in line with what's allowed and considered appropriate content for the restrictions put upon it by the guidelines in order to be able to sell it worldwide. So no, it's about money and keeping within the guidelines of the governing bodies over video games worldwide and not just in the US.

GTA 5 sold amazingly well and it's M for mature. I just don't think Maxis would risk making the franchise be rated like that. Although I think TS is M in Russia because they don't allow homossexual content of any kind to reach younger ages, and sims can marry the same gender.

But I understood what he meant on his comment. Being "politically correct" and non-offensive it doesn't have anything to do with politics more like an over catering to the sjw's on the internet and media. The crazy moms that think anything is offensive and can taint their teenager's minds and what nots.

z3D7JZ4.gif

Interactions like these are apparently over kill in a pg 13 game for whatever reason. Amazingly there are pg 13 games with guns, but a slap in The Sims is somehow too offensive.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2018
    It was hard to pick three, but I know that doing just these alone would make the game so much more involved, entertaining, and overall more enjoyable:
    1. Impactful gameplay. The most boring thing about TS4 is how it feels like nothing is ever happening in the world. There's no consequences, and the things we have our sims do have no impact on what happens to the world and sometimes no influence on the household itself.
    2. More diverse personalities. Traits are my least favorite thing added these last two games, and they make the sims themselves seem extremely shallow and no different from each other. Sure, visually we can make completely different sims but it doesn't matter if everyone reacts to things the same way. If you don't plan on ditching this system, at least make the traits do something more than giving them moodlets and different idles.
    3. More control over everything. Please, stop making everything under "your vision". It really limits the game's replay value when we can only play the game ONE way. Your way. Whatever happened to the tagline "You Rule"? If you ask me it has become less, and less true the further we get into this series.
    Simulations are meant to simulate things. Obviously. A simulation is less interesting if all characters behave the same way, nothing happens in the world, and we have no way of shaping the world on a deeper level. If it weren't for mods like MC Command Center, I would probably have left this game on the shelf a LONG time ago. My favorite packs so far have been Vampires & Parenthood, because our choices did matter.
    Post edited by NikNak on
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I only need one. I want the approval/disapproval back the Sims gave to new builds, like in Sims 1. That was a fun little bonus for building. Sometimes I'd try to get their approval on everything. Sometimes I tried to make them hate everything, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    c0mputergeneratedc0mputergenerated Posts: 3 New Member
    I feel like my game is lacking so much without all the npcs, like police, firemen and burglars. I just need them back in my game! I loved the amount of random npcs in the sims 2 x)
  • Options
    ChatsaChatsa Posts: 13 New Member
    I agree with the preferences. That would definitely improve the game a lot. And also more extreme traits.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    1. Preteens
    2. Create a world
    3. The Sims need a personality as it is now they all play the same never stay mad and always are smiling. Traits need to mean something and make playing that Sim feel unique from other Sims with completely different traits they also need awareness of the Sims and world around them. Things like turn ons/turn off likes and dislikes and have it make a difference on who they fall for what they enjoy doing or what they hate doing and if they end up doing something they hate at least not do that activity with a smile on their face.

Sadly this list would still make it far from perfect as I would need cars babies unleashed from bassinets and a water tool for it to be perfect or at least at the point I feel it should of been at base game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i still need just ONE improvement

but not to make this game perfect, after all the limits set into this iteration in packs already (apartments, animals, active jobs ...) there is no way it can be EVER a perfect sims game !

i need IMPROVED TRAITS to make this iterations even really PLAYABLE for me, playable as a true sims game
    & when i read through all the complaints of players who really love TS4, then a huge amount of those is about how shallow & out of place those traits play out, how exchangeable those sims act, react & interact
    no matter how different they look, they play with only minor differences between them - result BOREDOM

my sig says it all
    waiting since march 2015, so now for nearly 3 YEARS for those traits to get improved

will it EVER happen ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    1. Completely new personality system or major improvements of existing one:
    - whims - repetitive and doesn't realy react to world;
    - aspirations - milestones make it very boring :(
    - moodlets - make it last longer, less happy and better react to the world (ex.: grieving);
    - traits are fine (for me), maybe adding more whims based on traits will make it a little better;

2. Bug fixes. There are many old and realy annoying bugs and sometimes new patches can cause a new bugs :( Well, I'm especialy glad that clock was fixed and detective career in recent patches, still there is a lot of work to do. Work harder, team Sims :)

3. CAW.

Sorry for breaking thread rules:
    4. Special place for ghosts (cemetery, afterlife themed secret lot, grim reaper's house, whatever) and as result no dead people in relationship panel by default.
    I am sure it will come with patches eventualy.

5. Collectibles - simply more gems and cuts (I miss pink diamonds with it's crazy chance to find).

N. New UI :D
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2018
    This is a difficult question, but I will try to limit myself to three things.

1. Actions should trigger reactions. I would like the game to actually consider my input. If I make Sims fight, they should stay mad at each other until I decide that I want to try to make them friends again. A shy Sim should not go out in public and make tons of friends as if he/she isn't shy at all. I would like to see him/her struggle to make friends.
    2. Redo everything considering moodlets, whims and aspirations and add likes and dislikes. I would like the whims to better represent my Sims. I preferred the Sims 3 and Sims 2 style, were Sims could get wishes to marry or get children. I would really like to get that back. Whims should be related to the things my Sims do and to their aspirations. Besides all this, I would like a system were we can specify our Sims' likes (and dislikes), from their (least) favourite food to their (least) favourite colour, their (least) favourite activities, etc. These likes and dislikes should also influence their whims/wishes and moodlets, so a Sim who hates sports, might not want to go to the gym and get a negative moodlet if he/she did.
    3. Redo the teen life stage. I would really like better teens, that feel more like teens. I would shorten their length and add a bit more childlike facial features. And I would like new animations for them, like a gangling walking style.
    5. Collectibles - simply more gems and cuts (I miss pink diamonds with it's crazy chance to find).

I really miss those cuts too. Collecting all those gems in all those cuts was something I did quite a lot in The Sims 3. I still don't understand why we don't have gold or silver and instead have all those fantasy crystals and metals.
  • Options
    2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2018
    Aside from the obvious (open world, CASt), there are three things that have been bothering me for quite some time:

1. [b]Actions in the queue should be created and cancelled instantly.[/b]

Actions are very rarely able to be cancelled and it takes far too long for an action to be queued up, sometimes even getting lost somewhere in the background. It's almost like every Sim has a terrible procrastination problem. The best example of a queue done right I can think of is The Sims 1, when actions would immediately be added to the queue and stay there unless you decide to cancel it.

2. [b]Comfort is added back as a need (and Uncomfortable is no longer an emotion).[/b]

Sims should also be able to refuse tasks should their Comfort bar get too low. The problem with Uncomfortable being an emotion is that it can be bypassed very easily. Sims can still do whatever they feel like. Why should a Sim who is Uncomfortable still be able to paint for hours on end?

3. [b]Bored emotion is directly correlated to the Fun need.[/b]

It doesn't make any sense for it to be done any other way. You cannot seriously be Bored if you still have 75% of your Fun bar filled.
    Post edited by 2tcn on
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    My list of improvements is pretty short and simple, but would add a lot in my opinion...
    • Bring back missing NPCs - I would bring back Burglar NPCs (with Security System object) along with Police Officer NPCs to try to arrest them. Plus, Firefighter NPCs to save sims and their homes when needed along with any other basic missing NPCs. Their absence really makes TS4 feel incomplete when compared to it's predecessors.
    • Return of the Car Pool - Another thing that makes TS4 feel incomplete when compared to other Sims Games is the teleporting to work, school, etc. I would bring back the car pool; which would also include taxis and the school bus.
    • World Editor - With the lack of space in TS4, I would love to see something like TS2 had where we could select blank/empty versions of existing worlds and customize them into something new. While I love this game, I really miss the opportunity of creating my own world from the ground up.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited February 2018
    There's a few things about the game i would change.
    1. Teen heights, i just don't understand why they'd have teens and YAs if they're practically the same. Yes Parenthood did improve them a lot, but sometimes there's just not enough of a physical difference.
    2.Babies , babies are another one of those life stages that need improving, first off it doesn't help that they only get 3 skin tones and 2 outfits, then to top it off they can't be moved away from their crib. I'd get rid of the baby being tied to the crib and give them changing tables, strollers, ways to bathe and entertain them. In my opinion toddlers in ts4 are too old for changing tables and strollers.
    3.Bugs/Glitch Testing, One of the things that really irks me is that they don't test for bugs as good as they should, For example there's tons of floating objects In worlds like trees/lamp posts and there's missing buildings in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    more interactions for elders
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    i still need just ONE improvement

but not to make this game perfect, after all the limits set into this iteration in packs already (apartments, animals, active jobs ...) there is no way it can be EVER a perfect sims game !

i need IMPROVED TRAITS to make this iterations even really PLAYABLE for me, playable as a true sims game
    & when i read through all the complaints of players who really love TS4, then a huge amount of those is about how shallow & out of place those traits play out, how exchangeable those sims act, react & interact
    no matter how different they look, they play with only minor differences between them - result BOREDOM

my sig says it all
    waiting since march 2015, so now for nearly 3 YEARS for those traits to get improved

will it EVER happen ?

Agreed. That is the biggest issue with the game. I've said it so many times before. I can make my sims all look very diverse, but there's nothing I can do that makes them play differently. They all play the same.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    1. Better personalities (attraction-system TS2 / traits need to actually influence the behavior etc + more trait slots);
    2. Apartments that work the same way as in TS2, visiting neighbors without loading screens, neighbors living on multiple floors, ...;
    3. Better life-stages: the teenager height doesn't feel right to me personally, the babies are boring and tied to their cribs, the elders have nothing to do... maybe instead of improvement of lifestages new hobbies tied to age can be added.

I'd says add seasons but I suppose that's coming anyway so I'm not gonna waste one of my improvements on it :smiley:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    1. Give the sims personalities (through traits or points, whatever) and give them a memory (through moodlets or a memory sytem Sims 2 style) and make them being personal about it, instead of acting irritated or flirty to everyone in sight just because they walked through the wrong aura.
    2. Give us at least a colour wheel for clothes, hairstyles and decoration that will be added from now on.
    3. Open up neighborhoods, make fitting backdrops and enable us to control sims at the other side of a loading screen.

This won't make the game perfect for me, but it would improve a lot.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    You need to add Open World.

Well that would be a start!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    You need to add Open World.

Well that would be a start!

And Create-A-Style and more consequences (not just a 2 hour moodlet!) and accidental deaths that change gameplay. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Open world, CASt and better graphics. All cliché as hell and the game wouldn't even be close to perfection, but it'd go a long long way towards making this game worthwhile. I might even prefer it over TS3 in that fictional scenario.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO