Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You can make 3 improvements to TS4 to perfect it. What would you improve?

Mine:
1. A personality scale/gradient. Introverted to extroverted. Snobby to slobby etc.
2. Preferences. A Romantic & platonic. Romance has physical ones (doesnt like blondes, attracted to fit people ) on the platonic scale, your snobby sim isnt attracted to slobby sims. (Whether a romantic relationship or friendship).
3. A photo album where you can type descriptions for photos taken in game. Includes abilitity to bold and italicize, and no character limit. Can rearrange photos to make stories.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    you know what? I really like your first point...the scale thingy would've been awesome!!!! SO much better than the "traits" we have now.

-Yarden.
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    Mine:
    1. A personality scale/gradient. Introverted to extroverted. Snobby to slobby etc.
    2. Preferences. A Romantic & platonic. Romance has physical ones (doesnt like blondes, attracted to fit people ) on the platonic scale, your snobby sim isnt attracted to slobby sims. (Whether a romantic relationship or friendship).
    3. A photo album where you can type descriptions for photos taken in game. Includes abilitity to bold and italicize, and no character limit. Can rearrange photos to make stories.

What's funny about this is that we had all of those options to some degree or another in previous Sims games. Just proof of how much the Sims 4 is lacking. Personally I would want to see actual smart sims, not what the devs consider smart, so something like the Sims 2 sims but further improved. I'd also like to see neighbourhoods where you can place your own lots, like in Sims 2, rather than being restricted to the number of lots they decide to give you, and be able to edit the world. I'd also want all of the small things that make the game feel like a full game they took out, added back in. So the NPCs, the NPC vehicles (eg school bus, police car etc), dying from things other than those silly emotion deaths, having Santa come if you place a Christmas tree etc.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    - Real free will off mode (no choosing their own conversation topics, no wrestling control from the player if needs drop into the red, choosing the closest seat to eat instead of the nearest sim, no sitting down when not ordered to during conversations)
    - Pre-teens (or make the teen faces younger while preserving their adult height; at the moment I can either create a teen that looks like an adult or one that looks like a teen but never loses that kiddie face later in life)
    - Sims 2 style passage of time (tracked for each household seperately)

Runner up would be a Sims 2 style family album.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    While I can create very diverse looking sims, I can't create very diverse acting sims so anything that would remedy that would be welcome.

1. A fears and wants system.
    2. Likes/dislikes/attraction/zodiac
    3. A better variety of traits that actually do more than prompt whims or tension.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    1. i would have an open world to eliminate all that waiting time every time you travel.
    2. careers that play as intended in GTW.
    3. traits that work and an attraction system.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @RnM92 Yes Sims 2 is my favorite iteration, thats where I got the ideas from. But it didnt have a preferences for platonic relationships. Im not sure if that was a feature in ts3, but i think that would be a cool edition too.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    @RnM92 Yes Sims 2 is my favorite iteration, thats where I got the ideas from. But it didnt have a preferences for platonic relationships. Im not sure if that was a feature in ts3, but i think that would be a cool edition too.

Me too, I love the Sims 2. And I agree about platonic relationship preferences, that would be a good idea. It's things like that to develop the sims more deeply that would make a great sims game IMO, not sparkly gimmicks like the emotions system that doesn't do much. It's terrible that the fourth iteration has sims less detailed than the second one. In fact even sims in the Sims 1 had more complexity in some ways (eg relationship building wasn't as easy and if someone cheated then it damaged the relationship).
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    While I can create very diverse looking sims, I can't create very diverse acting sims so anything that would remedy that would be welcome.

1. A fears and wants system.
    2. Likes/dislikes/attraction/zodiac
    3. A better variety of traits that actually do more than prompt whims or tension.

Pretty much all this.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    1. Open world or better open neighborhood as in visit your neighbor without a loading screen.
    2. likes, dislikes, zodiac
    3. Better family interactions like babies actually being bathed or adding a changing table, kids getting time out for being bad or low grades, teens sneaking out or ditching school & getting possibly caught, reflecting the in laws in the family tree
  • Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    I know you said 3 but these two below I believe could actually make it in the game with an update...hopefully:
    1. Entering the neighborhood and it reflects day or night time
    2. Return of the school bus, work car, or social worker car actually appearing in front of the house instead of sim disappearing into thin air & the return of cars & garages even though they will be more similar to TS2.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2017
    3 improvements, eh?

1. For starters, I'd scrap S4 and re-visit what made the game so appealing in the first place.
    2. I'd stop worrying about being politically correct and non-offensive to the over-sensitive.
    3. I'd re-introduce a world creator and just have fun with a real parody on life (both the good and the bad).
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > 3 improvements, eh?
    >
    > 1. For starters, I'd scrap S4 and re-visit what made the game so appealing in the first place.
    > 2. I'd stop worrying about being politically correct and non-offensive to the over-sensitive.
    > 3. I'd re-introduce a world creator and just have fun with a real parody on life (both the good and the bad).

I agree with you. and also with the OP's idea of the Personality scale, which I love and would be amazing but would never realistically happen in TS4. It could happen in TS5 though. Great idea OP.

So if I had to do three things with the actual Sims 4 game that is semi-realistic
    1. Seasons. An actual full, complete, quality and quantity, bug free Seasons EP.
    2. Proper bug and system fixes.
    3. More detail and activities added for daily gameplay.

Though non of these would really fix TS4. There is nothing that can be realistically done to fix the black hole that the Sims 4 is. They should just cut their losses and start again.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    better death reaction
    fear
    reaction to abductions
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    1.) More depth to Sims personalities/traits

2.) Bring back all service sims such as policeman, firemen, etc

3.) Height differences between teens and adult life stages.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    3 improvements, eh?

1. For starters, I'd scrap S4 and re-visit what made the game so appealing in the first place.
    2. I'd stop worrying about being politically correct and non-offensive to the over-sensitive.
    3. I'd re-introduce a world creator and just have fun with a real parody on life (both the good and the bad).

I'm curious what you mean by "politically correct and non-offensive." I've played since The Sims 1, and while there was darker content in earlier games, and more blatant references to sex, that has more to do with "appropriateness" (for children) than political correctness. I mean, I wouldn't have a problem with that kind of content coming back, and I do think the focus is too heavy on being "family friendly," but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about?

The Sims games have never been terribly politically incorrect, in my opinion. There aren't a bunch of sexist or racist jokes. The closest thing to making fun of people with disabilities is the "Insane" trait, which wasn't around until TS3. It's true that same-sex couples couldn't marry until TS3, but I have a feeling that's not what you're talking about, either. Same with the removal of gender barriers in TS4.

The world of TS4 is a lot more saccharine, and Evil Sims don't act terribly evil (aside from the occasional evil laughter), and you can have a fight with someone and then follow it up with a perfectly civil conversation...But again, that's not politically correct. It's more about making the game ridiculously easy (possibly to cater to a younger audience).

I do agree that these are things that will hopefully be fixed in later versions, but most of them don't really scream "political correctness" to me.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I don't think it's as simple as 3 improvements to perfect it.

I think The Sims 4 is improving, however, my idea of perfection cannot be attained from this iteration. They'll need to start on The Sims 5, which would hopefully be a life simulation title, as opposed to whatever The Sims 4 tries to be.
  • Rich2017Rich2017 Posts: 12 New Member
    I would add horses to the Cats and Dogs expansion and I would clean up a few errors I have found in the new expansion. But being as it is so new, I am sure they will be addressed. I would be happy as I said with them adding Horses.
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited November 2017
    1. Sims who actually behave as their traits suggest. A lazy Sim should not "become energized" and start cleaning everything. That doesn't happen to a lazy person. Or exercising on the sidewalk.. their moods should not override their traits. I think this feature would introduce more diverse Sims, with actual personality.

2. No more checkmark system in Events and Get To Work lots. This one is one that really irritates me as a sandbox player. A small tutorial is fine about how to do daily tasks, and maybe new tasks. A suggested and complete list is fine too, but I don't want it sitting in the corner of my screen like a "to-do" list. Once I learn my job, I should be able to do it, anyway I please. Same with dates. Being told how to have a successful date in a game which focuses exclusively on sandbox play, has been really frustrating.

3. NO more delayed reactions for events. I recently had a married couple with a child. The husband started an affair with a co-worker. When the wife found out, she ended their relationship in divorce. She was completely and utterly heartbroken for days afterward. BUT it took her husband days to even care! I'm not sure if that is intentional or not, but its not realistic. Even if you are with someone else, if your other relationship is ending, you will have some sort of feeling at that time. Maybe I'm thinking too hard about it, but it really bothered me when I played the other day.

(4) I know the op said 3- but I just thought of this one..

No more talking when I've told my Sim to go do something. If I've directed my Sim to put my toddler to bed, I expect them to put my toddler to bed. What normally happens however, is the Sim and the toddler carry on a conversation for several minutes. The action to go to bed gets crossed out, and the adult Sim just walks away... Umm no. Do what I tell you. When I tell you please.

- I also need Seasons.. and cars... even an interactive loading screen would be better than what we have.. a screen which shows your Sim walking to their destination.. a fake open world.. (sigh) I hate the loading screen.. its so bright and blinding..

Over all.. I think TS4 has come a LONG way from when it was first released. Although I will admit my current play time is just over 600 hours. Compared to the 2,000+ hours for TS3. I'd say they have a long way to go still...

OH! And stop using Origin! The ONLY reason I am even on this forum right now, is because Origin won't update (for the zillionith time this year) and I can't play my game!
  • That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    Thats a good question! If I had to choose I'd say

1.) Open world map! I loved to see the random sims roaming around getting married and to see sims going into different places that I built on their own instead of only when I'm there. I liked to see other sims doing their own thing going to their own locations and inside of their own houses and going to their jobs etc. I really wish sims 4 had that again! I think it would be even better and more fun now with all the things we can have like bakeries retail stores hospitals spas actually working at jobs etc

2.) In a open world, for other families to wohoo and have children etc on their own! I would love to see random sims be pregnant and have kids on their own without me making it happen

3.) Woohoo can turn into pregnancy and your sims woohoo on their own when on free autonomy. OKAY SO idk if this already happens because literally a few minutes ago my sim somehow got pregnant from woohooing... I know i didnt press try for baby! and my boyfriend was watching me play via skype and he said he didnt see me press it neither and somehow my sim is pregnant!? I really want to ask if its possible or a glitch but I dont have enough points so im hoping to have enough to ask soon! I just cant believe it lol I still have the screen on pause right now actually of her finding out shes pregnant . But if thats not a thing and its just a glitch I would really like there to be a chance of surprise babies! or for your sims to woohoo on their own. imagine not paying attention to them and they woohoo and get pregnant and you find out randomly your sim is pregnant lol itd be a great surprise
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    1. Stop changing our sims clothes, for festivals or any other reason. We didn't put thought & effort into creating our sims outfits just to have the game decide they should wear some ridiculous get up around town.

2. Stop making the YAs/adults act like children. Go back to allowing only children & toddlers to play with the dollhouse & blocks table, and stop having them watch the kids network all the time.

3. Make discipline have an actual effect on the kids, instead of just moving those stupid pie charts that I don't even care about. Once you've disciplined 3-4 times for making a mess, that child should no longer make a mess, unless they enter a rebellious phase. And stop having kids make messes all the time. It's seriously getting old.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited November 2017
    1. More gameplay options, on the level of the MC Command Center mod. It's not like giving people the ability to tweak things like population settings and alien abduction rates themselves is going to kill the game. In fact, it makes it better.

2. Fix the emotions system. That means removing the ambient Happy moodlets from furniture and decor, making Uncomfortable boost negative moods, adding Scared as a mood in this game (using Tense for Scared is just plain foolish), adding a Stoic trait that gives your sim a permanent +2 or +3 Fine moodlet that makes it harder for other emotions to become the dominant one, and fixing certain moodlets to make more sense (change the moodlet for having low fun from Tense to Bored, change the moodlet from trying for a baby on a lot with the Dark Ley Line trait from Energized to Uncomfortable, etc.). The emotions system is really unbalanced right now, and just relying on mods (which can be broken by official updates) just doesn't cut it.

3. Add an official custom content creator extension. TS2 had BodyShop and HomeCrafter, TS3 had CASt, TS4 has...a third-party app that we have to closely monitor and update by hand. If they won't give us CASt again, the least they could do is give us an official CC creation tool like they did with TS2. You know, something that allows us to make our own eyes, hair colors, and skintones, as well as retexture existing items and clothing to our heart's content and make our own wall and floor textures...maybe even edit meshes directly in the program and/or import new ones and paint textures directly onto those meshes right there in the program. It could be revolutionary!

The runner up on my list is:

Checklist Free Functional Community Lots/Community Lot Expert Mode. The checklists for building community lots are too restrictive, and if I want to build anything original I have to use the General lot type, which does not attract NPC sims at all, leaving the place a freaking ghost town. I want a checklist free, expert mode community lot that functions like a community lot: NPC's visit and use the facilities, period. If there's a chess table, they will just use it because it's there. If there's a bar, a bar tender will show up and NPC's will order drinks, because it's there. If there's a T.V., NPC's will watch it...just because it's there. You know, like how community lots in TS2 worked. You could build a community lot that was nothing but a bathroom and 20 chess tables and some chairs, and sims would come and use it. TS4, the supposedly more advanced game, not being able to pull that off is just plain bogus!
    Post edited by SimsLovinLycan on
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    1) A romantic attraction system.
    2) Revamp the whim/Aspiration system - Add fears and more interesting/meaningful whims
    3) There was a third but I forgot. Oh that's right... adding some form of memories.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    3 improvements, eh?

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    3 improvements, eh?

This is all about money so that will never happen. With the changes to how other countries view content ( Pegi etc) it is about keeping in line with what's allowed and considered appropriate content for the restrictions put upon it by the guidelines in order to be able to sell it worldwide. So no, it's about money and keeping within the guidelines of the governing bodies over video games worldwide and not just in the US.