Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Online Art

Hi :) How do I create art online, I would love to do it in a water color style. I know this isn't rellated to sims but I didn't know who ells to ask
Youtube-Creative Simmer

Comments

• Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited November 2017
    If you are a newbie to computer art. That is have never done it before, like by using programs like photoshop and other like to create and paint pictures...

...you might begin to start at purchasing a computer program (or even find one free on the internet, that is legally free on the internet) that lets you create and paint AND then start learning how to use said program. I would start with that. You can start by finding tutorial online maybe through google or find out if there is a classes in rl close to you that teaches.

When you are proficient enough using said program, you might want to invest in a drawing tablet as well, one that connects to your computer and gives you better control over your drawings.

Then you should just devour the internet for any free tutorials that have been made for the program you have chosen and start learning. Again, might check out if there are any classes tought in rl close to your location.

If you have done all that, you might just try to google using these keywords; computerart watercolors tutorials. Might add other keywords like the name of the drawing program you are using/will use. Also, again, might want to check out if there are any rl classes. I know they would cost but being able to learn from someone in the physical world might benefit you more.

Gluck.
  • CreativeSimmerCreativeSimmer Posts: 156 Member
    @Stina1701A thank you for the help :smile:
    Youtube-Creative Simmer
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    Yes. A drawing table is your friend.

You need to install watercolor brushes too but those are mostly free.

Use Photoshop (you will have to pay for it), or use GIMP (free photo editing software). I use GIMP. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    @DeKay Thanks :smile:
    Youtube-Creative Simmer
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Gimp tends to be a tad complicated for some people, so if it starts giving you trouble I use FireAlpaca. It's another free paint program but it works like a slimmed down version of photoshop. You can find tons of free brushes for it online (I use DeviantArt) :D it's really beginner friendly.
    @BridgetKV okay, thank you! :smile:
    Youtube-Creative Simmer