Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of town would you like?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love to see an underwater world like Atlantis. We have never had a world that is completely underwater before, so it would be fun to see both the city and residential aspect of underwater in a Sims game for the first time. Like it would be neat to see some areas in airtight bubble locations in which Sims could live in and then other locations which mermaids reside in that look like sunken ships and towns. I also think it would be cool if Sims do want to stay underwater with mermaids they can wear a scuba outfit or be kissed by a mermaid to stay down there.

maxresdefault.jpg
    19a3t82zllo87jpg.jpg
    underwatercity-shicheng-china.jpg
    underwater_city_concept_commission___egodrift_by_solfour-d8qdmxn.jpg
    underwater.jpg

This real world design just makes me think of a plumbob:
    underwatercity1.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    A tropical jungle island world with an Island Paradise EP.

A rural world with a farm EP.

Futuristic world: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/916682/a-new-fully-sized-futuristic-city-world-in-a-gp#latest

A traditional Asian world.

Something resembling Venice.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Something like Hidden Springs would be nice.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I would love to see an underwater world like Atlantis. We have never had a world that is completely underwater before, so it would be fun to see both the city and residential aspect of underwater in a Sims game for the first time. Like it would be neat to see some areas in airtight bubble locations in which Sims could live in and then other locations which mermaids reside in that look like sunken ships and towns. I also think it would be cool if Sims do want to stay underwater with mermaids they can wear a scuba outfit or be kissed by a mermaid to stay down there.

maxresdefault.jpg
    19a3t82zllo87jpg.jpg
    underwatercity-shicheng-china.jpg
    underwater_city_concept_commission___egodrift_by_solfour-d8qdmxn.jpg
    underwater.jpg

This real world design just makes me think of a plumbob:
    underwatercity1.jpg

I agree.
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    I would absolutely love a French Riviera kind of town, where you would get both the holiday beach vibe and European city aesthetic! But as they already did France in World Adventures, maybe south Italy would be preferable.
  • aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
    A rural town with farms.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sunlit Tides with beaches, ocean swimming and thatched roofs.
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    Astraelis wrote: »
    4. Atlantis/town underwater. The entire city could be inside giant glass "bubbles" with each neighborhood being connected by glass tunnels.

Like Otoh Gunga in Star Wars TPM!
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Something northern like in Alaska or Greenland where there's snow more often than not and even in summer, you can see banks of snow still in the distance in the woods that hasn't melted. This could add in winter stuff like ice fishing, skating, igloo building. etc. Similar to Aurora Skies from S3. The brightly colored houses, the kids daycare, the Aurora Borealis in the sky.

Ooooh! Aurora Borealis! <3 That'll be something different and totally cool to add to this game!... I hope the gurus could look into that :#o:)
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• LastratiLastrati Posts: 8 New Member
    Old style city core. With a town square and all of the houses and shops abutting each other. Not spaced out with yards separating them like suburbia, not high rises, but old three and four story structures. Ideally with dual function as ground floor commerce and upper level housing.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited December 2017
    Monday wrote: »
    I would love an Art Deco styled city with something like a Superhero pack.

Maybe a town wedged in a thick forest, with cottages for Werewolves. Although, a wide open space, something like a misty English moor would also be good for Werewolves! (Cottages would still apply.)

@Zeldaboy180 I believe mentioned elsewhere an underwater town that I'm all for if they did Mermaids. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would adore a swampy bayou town, though I'm not sure what it would go with. Maybe um...A swamp monster pack, yes?

Maybe save the thick forest option for witches and fairies.

How about a high mountain peak town with things like hot springs and such? Again, no idea on what it'd be for. Maybe more of a vacation spot?

My idea was for a neighborhood or two that is nothing but ocean. The ocean on top are for house boats. Whether we can move them or not is up for debate. I think they should function like normal lots in the sense that they cant move, because I imagine coding that would be a nightmare better spent fleshing out other features. Maybe there could be a couple islands that are pretty bare but the majority is ocean. There should be at least one or two mainlands with a beach, one for regular housing and the other for community buildings.

Under the water however works as the public space for diving, fish etc. And yes mermaids too! The secret lot could be the mermaid grotto. Underwater cave system with a little abandoned island above. Mermaids are more likely to spawn here.

Sorry it took so long to reply lol I never saw this.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I think that a more suburban town would be cool! Willow Creek is a little too old and has very little parks and Newcrest doesn't really have anything. And as for Oasis Springs, I don't think a desert isn't very family friendly. A suburban town would have actual schools and shops, more/better parks, and more options for family-bonding activities (ex: volunteering from parenthood and camping from outdoor retreat).
  • MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    A world with a british vibe.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Great ideas but do we need another ghost town.House go empty and soon the tumble weeds come rolling along.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Windenburg has a British vibe. The bars are called pubs and there is an amazing amount of English Tudor buildings.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

Windenburg has a British vibe. The bars are called pubs and there is an amazing amount of English Tudor buildings.

It does have a British vibe, but the world is based on central and south Germany.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member

Couple of lots in Windenburg is not the same as the proper world - at very least - the size of Brindleton Bay (which I do like by the way). I would love to see a simple british country, maybe with country life revolving pack with farm animals and stuff.
    I, myself don't need to have futuristic worlds like Oasis Landing or any exotic worlds, because I'm not really interested in those.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    White Chapel in Jack The Ripper's time. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2018
    I need another city world so bad. In particular, I need a city with a proper shopping district as well as a seedy, wrong-side-of-the-tracks type area and all of the grunge that entails. With the el, the steam grates and traffic cones, the Spice Market took a step in the right direction. However, it didn't go nearly far enough. That clean and vibrant central plaza totally ruined the vibe.

The backdrops in this game are generally too pristine and perfectly safe. TS4 could use a little something different and pretty much every city offers that kind of thing.

Under the water however works as the public space for diving, fish etc. And yes mermaids too! The secret lot could be the mermaid grotto. Underwater cave system with a little abandoned island above. Mermaids are more likely to spawn here.

This.

I had a very similar idea to yours.

I loved scuba diving in TS3. Only, access to nothing larger than a 64x64 lot was very confining. I'd love it if there were a large public area full of diving activities.

I don't really care for mermaids, but if it meant lots of room for diving? Yep. I'd buy that pack, STAT.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • hepe1977hepe1977 Posts: 34 Member
    I'd love idea of a rural area with farms, but the idea of Amsterdam styled town with waterways and houseboats would be awesome as well. I love the idea of my sims living in a house boat.
  • J_Morris97J_Morris97 Posts: 38 Member
    I'd love to see quite a few worlds so that there is a wide variety. The images of underwater world and the jungle inspired worlds look really cool and I'd love something like that. I'd love something really futuristic and I'd love another city but one that isn't as shiny and bright as San Myshuno seems to be, something much darker and grimey.
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I would like a Tibetan Mountain town or A South American Jungle town?
  • SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    Also a Mediterranean town with historical walls
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I would like a big city, art-deco style, or maybe like Gotham city, suited for a superhero pack. San Myshuno is still my favorite world, so I would definitely like another big city!
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'd love more worlds that are inspired from other places around the globe. I know we have Windenburg which is European inspired, but Europe is massive and only a few parts of Europe are like Windenburg. A more Scandinavian world would be great or a Russian/Eastern European world would be great. Or something Asian (again I know we have San Myshuno, but that's got small pieces of it and is also pretty American), like an Indian or Chinese inspired world. I just want something different, so many of the worlds feel similar.

Also I'd be pro more city worlds in general, though I doubt we'll get that. The spacing of the worlds is bizarre to me - lots are not close together like cities but not far apart like in rural, they're all a weird in between. I'd love lots that are directly next to each other (especially if we could build walls up to the edges) and some really far away like a proper rural area.