Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

change the order of sims in a household?

is there a way to change the order of the sims in a household? I just added a new sim to one family, and she appears first for some reason, whereas I want my first created sim to be first, and her to be last.
I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png

Comments

• Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    thank you
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Hello. Try to remove that new sim and save her to your Library. And then save your current household. Open the household in CAS (you can use the mirror to do this). Then, in CAS, open your My Library and merge that new sim into the household.

When you got back to live mode, it should follow the order unless there's an age difference in the household.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I wish we could change the order. In one of my households my sims children are in the wrong order for their age, and it's really annoying. The oldest child is shown last in the portraits. I play with aging off and age them up with cake, which I guess messes it up.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    I wish we could change the order. In one of my households my sims children are in the wrong order for their age, and it's really annoying. The oldest child is shown last in the portraits. I play with aging off and age them up with cake, which I guess messes it up.

You can use my solution above. What you could do is save the kid with the whole family, so the relationship won't be affected.

So now you have family 1 in the world and family 2 is saved to your My Library.

Go to CAS with family one and then delete the kids in the wrong order. Then merge Family 2 and keep kid 2. Then merge Family to again to put the other kids who are already in order. Of course, this might not work if you have a big family cuz you can only put 8 sims in CAS at once. So you might have to cheat the relationship.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

You can use my solution above. What you could do is save the kid with the whole family, so the relationship won't be affected.

Go to CAS with family one and then delete the kids in the wrong order. Then merge Family 2 and keep kid 2. Then merge Family to again to put the other kids who are already in order. Of course, this might not work if you have a big family cuz you can only put 8 sims in CAS at once. So you might have to cheat the relationship.

I know this thread is a little old, but I just tried this and it didn't work for me. Is there any other way to fix it? It's ruining my game that my kids won't show up in the right order.
    Am I too lost?
  • Options

I know this thread is a little old, but I just tried this and it didn't work for me. Is there any other way to fix it? It's ruining my game that my kids won't show up in the right order.

What exactly is not working? Just remember that kids are in order of their age, so teens would appear first followed by kids, etc. I could also try to fix it for you if you could put it up on the Gallery.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options

What exactly is not working? Just remember that kids are in order of their age, so teens would appear first followed by kids, etc. I could also try to fix it for you if you could put it up on the Gallery.

In the save I tried to fix, its two toddlers who are in the wrong order. When I went into CAS and merged the households I got them into the right order, but when I went to play the game again they switched back to the wrong order. Liselotte is a year older than her brother, but the game keeps putting her last. Can I upload to the gallery if they have lots of cc?
    I also have another game where 3 kids are out of order, but their last name isn't allowed on the gallery for some reason so I can't upload them.
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member

In the save I tried to fix, its two toddlers who are in the wrong order. When I went into CAS and merged the households I got them into the right order, but when I went to play the game again they switched back to the wrong order. Liselotte is a year older than her brother, but the game keeps putting her last. Can I upload to the gallery if they have lots of cc?
    I also have another game where 3 kids are out of order, but their last name isn't allowed on the gallery for some reason so I can't upload them.

Hello
    You can upload sims that have cc on them to the Gallery, but simmers need to have the “ include custom content” box marked in the advanced section of the filter, for them to see your creations. Cc doesn’t transfer through the Gallery so simmers who download your sim will have missing cc. It would be best to list the cc you used in the comments section of the uploaded sim.
  • Options
    @DeKay I'm not sure if you can fix it, but I uploaded them to the gallery. My name is the same as on here. It's the Faust family.
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

I play on Long. Starting a family in CAS, I age up the children in their birth order when I'm ready. But, yes, I had similar problems with Sims 3 where it didn't matter if you created the children in a birth order, somewhere along the line, it gets changed. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DeKay I'm not sure if you can fix it, but I uploaded them to the gallery. My name is the same as on here. It's the Faust family.

Hello, I will try to see if I can fix it later on. :)
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    @DeKay I'm not sure if you can fix it, but I uploaded them to the gallery. My name is the same as on here. It's the Faust family.

Hi, I've uploaded the family under my Origin: DeKaythePUNK. The family is called Faust-Edit.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    moliper3000moliper3000 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I know this is an old thread, but I figured out a pretty easy fix.

1. Turn on Auto Aging for the household in question
    2. Wait a few game days until the age meter (lower right corner) starts becoming green
    3. Purchase a reverse aging potion
    4. Have the character you want to appear SECOND drink the potion
    5. Turn off Auto Aging
    6. Save and reload

They should now appear in the order you want!
  • Options
    8Maddison88Maddison8 Posts: 1 New Member
    Its not in live mode where I have portrait problem it's in cas. If you add a new person from outside into the family and load the screen that person seems to be the new highlighted sim or if the family has a child and I change styles of clothes after aging it could be anywhere in the lineup and remain there and possibly change the loaded highlighted sim. As far as saving the household and readjusting like DeKay suggested I've done that but it's seems to affect the level of involvement it has between the family members and has actually seem to change the personalities of the sims even though nothing was changed after the rearranging. It's like they are different people. I feel there should be a way to change the order in cas without having to do this.
    Example line up:
    Live mode: Grandpa, Grandma, Father, Mother, Daughter, Baby and Dog.
    Cas: Mother, Father, Dog, Grandpa, Grandma, Baby then Daughter.
    The Mother married into the family and was added after marriage. She became first in line.