Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone explain to me the Laundry Day Stuff Pack?

I've found myself quite confused with the concept. Like will the only added gameplay feature be sims doing laundry?
I know it comes with everything they've talked about in the polls and all but really...what's so special about it? Why would you buy it?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    what's there to explain?

the only thing special about the pack is that its features were voted on by the community. so one would assume the people who voted and got what they wanted will be interested in purchasing it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I'm not really sure whether I will buy it or not, I mean I like laundry and the outfits/furniture but I mainly buy stuff packs for the game play objects and I'm not really sure I like laundry enough to pay £7.99 for it. Maybe I'll change my mind or get it in a sale at some point. But as for why people enjoy laundry, for me personally I like having stay at home sims with lots of kids, I like the chaos and the challenge of trying to juggle everything. Literally every family I created in TS3 would use laundry, it added realism and it added challenge. I was very obsessed with realism is TS3, I liked the struggle and the story. In TS4 I feel like raising children gives me enough of a challenge without trying to find extra things to do, so I'm less bothered about it now. I do like the idea though of having a homeless sim scrubbing clothes clean herself in a tub and hanging them out to dry. Nice for off the grid/homeless/apocalypse challenges.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Like will the only added gameplay feature be sims doing laundry?

Nobody knows anything about it other than the information already released. There’s been no trailers or livestreams for it yet. Stuff packs are generally more about stuff than gameplay.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I'm confused as to your question considering there's an entire section of the forum dedicated to the laundry stuff pack that spells out everything. I'm sure if you went to that section of the forum and read the main threads you'll know what is going on
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    There's nothing special about it. It's literally people getting ready to pay, what, $10 to do laundry because they can't imagine a house without a washing machine because they have no concept of people who live in apartments not having their own washers and dryers.

Anyway, it turns out the whole thing was rigged and poorly planned from the get go, so whatevs. A small but vocal population got what they wanted. Don't waste your money on it if you're not sure about it, unless they give it away for free or something.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like some of the objects that are coming with it but I'm not a big fan of the laundry. I'll see how I feel when it comes out. I'm not sure that there's space for a laundry room in most of the houses. I might think about it but if I get it, it'd pretty much be for CAS and objects.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I'm not sure why people want laundry, I hate doing laundry in real life so I'd rather my sims not have to do it. :D I won't be buying the pack but I'm glad simmer got what they wanted.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Per the original question, what was first presented as eco living managed to morph into doing laundry via a series of dubious votes. I have no intention of buying the thing as: a) I do enough laundry in RL, don't like it, and sure don't want to do it in what is supposed to be some time off for fun; b) I've the feeling we got snookered; c) nothing in it I'm even remotely interested in.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    what's there to explain?

the only thing special about the pack is that its features were voted on by the community. so one would assume the people who voted and got what they wanted will be interested in purchasing it.

This ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    When is it going to be released? Anyone know?
  • abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    The Sms 4 Laundry Day Stuff it's going to be realased in 2018. I want to play with my sims and the washing machine! :smiley:
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    SimSara wrote: »
    When is it going to be released? Anyone know?

Most likely January if not before.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon