Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets patch

Comments

• HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    I still have a problem with the shrinking feature. I can enlarge things. but if I try to use the ] to shrink things, it doesn't work.

I have a norwegian keyboard, and my size up and down cheats use different keys. Might be the reason?
  • EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    Hannie wrote: »
    I still have a problem with the shrinking feature. I can enlarge things. but if I try to use the ] to shrink things, it doesn't work.

I have a norwegian keyboard, and my size up and down cheats use different keys. Might be the reason?

That's a really good point. I use a German keyboard and for me the keys are different as well.

It's best to have a look at the English keyboard to figure out which keys have the + and - or the brackets there and then use the ones in the same spot, no matter what symbol you have on them. Here the English keyboard layout for reference:

teclatUKok.png
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    @liliaeth it's ctrl + [ to shrink and ctrl + ] to enlarge. :)

Thanks, will try that. Oddly enough, i don't seem to need the ctrl to make things larger, which is why it's odd that the shrinking thing didn't seem to work.

You can just press ] or [ now you dont need to hold ctrl
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited November 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    @poeticnebula @icmnfrsh It's pretty easy. I have the arrow highlighted or if still hard to see, it is the bottom left arrow, so you move that arrow up or down depending how high or low you want it. It was fun explaining it to one of the Gurus today too. They asked if I used a mod and I'm like nope. XD So yes it will work without mods or cheats even.
    11-07-17_7-15-29_PM.png

I've tried doing this and I can't get it to work either. Can you post step by step pictures so I may follow exactly?
    I can slide the roof edge but how do I get the roof that low to begin with?

Oh, I think I found out how they did it. I had tried to build a doghouse yesterday but I failed, but after seeing these pictures I gave it another try:
    k7kWcIq.png
    You have to build a 3x3 room with regular walls, not half-walls, and then put a 1x1 roof on top of it. Then, push the edges downwards until the walls underneath look short enough and then replace the walls with half-walls and remove the ceiling.

I can't wait for Cats & Dogs so I can actually put a doggy door in the front and put pet items inside!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »

Oh, I think I found out how they did it. I had tried to build a doghouse yesterday but I failed, but after seeing these pictures I gave it another try:
    k7kWcIq.png
    You have to build a 3x3 room with regular walls, not half-walls, and then put a 1x1 roof on top of it. Then, push the edges downwards until the walls underneath look short enough and then replace the walls with half-walls and remove the ceiling.
    Yep you got it. :) Congrats.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

I am so happy about this because I've been working on recreating my real house in the sims and our tree is a small one on a table so I'm so glad I'm now able to do that in game! Plus putting presents of varied sizes all around it, yay!

Face it - ANYTHING can be an ornament now.

In a way, you could say that we now have four or five times as many clutter and garden objects. More effective than having two or three brand new objects, certainly.

On the whole, this update was great for builders.

I know right! I am in love with this update, I have wanted the size down cheat from the very beginning. I especially love sizing down pretty statues and putting them on shelves.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    @poeticnebula @icmnfrsh It's pretty easy. I have the arrow highlighted or if still hard to see, it is the bottom left arrow, so you move that arrow up or down depending how high or low you want it. It was fun explaining it to one of the Gurus today too. They asked if I used a mod and I'm like nope. XD So yes it will work without mods or cheats even.
    11-07-17_7-15-29_PM.png

I've tried doing this and I can't get it to work either. Can you post step by step pictures so I may follow exactly?

k7kWcIq.png

I can't wait for Cats & Dogs so I can actually put a doggy door in the front and put pet items inside!

I have plans for this besides doghouses so I'm super excited to know how to do it! I have wanted it since before C&D was announced for a build I was doing. I'm no builder by far but I had a vision, you know? LOL Now I have even more options and maybe someday I will consider myself a builder!

Thank you @lexus20 and @Scobre ! You both have helped me more than you know! <3
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2017

[ and ] (Plus enter the cheat first).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited November 2017
    The "size down objects" tool is so awesome, I played for, like, an hour or so yesterday and I already used it quite a lot.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I just downsized the cupcake machine one click and it works fine - the Sim's hands don't touch the levers and buttons now, and the baked goods float along in mid-air, but, still, it works!

XhHSVMq.png
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I just downsized the cupcake machine one click and it works fine - the Sim's hands don't touch the levers and buttons now, and the baked goods float along in mid-air, but, still, it works!

XhHSVMq.png

I just really want to try it with the microscope.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    11-07-17_7-15-29_PM.png

k7kWcIq.png

Does that make it a room? Will it have a foundation if your house does?
    edited November 2017
    Rae357 wrote: »

Does that make it a room? Will it have a foundation if your house does?
    Yes it turns it into a room and yes it will match the foundation of the house just like if someone were to make a barn.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    This looks cool, if it works. Do doors go through half-walls?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »
    No. I've tried downsizing the doors and just looks odd with normal walls with a hole around the door.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    No. I've tried downsizing the doors and just looks odd with normal walls with a hole around the door.

A dog door shouldn't need to be downsized. If it works with half-walls, this is a decent workaround. It still doesn't solve the problems with foundations, but it's something.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Just popping in to say that since the new patch the Sims' festival outfits are back to "normal"! Still a few small odd choices here and there, but so far they look about 100% better than they did before!~
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2017

Which keys are you using?
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Jazzpuz wrote: »

https://i.imgur.com/OCqYfNF.png

Not sure this will work as i'm posting from my phone, but i use "Å" to size up and "`" to size down. I've been using ctrl in front of both of them but just checked, and apperantly i don't need that :)
    Jazzpuz wrote: »

https://i.imgur.com/OCqYfNF.png

Not sure this will work as i'm posting from my phone, but i use "Å" to size up and "`" to size down. I've been using ctrl in front of both of them but just checked, and apperantly i don't need that :)

Takk :) unfortunatley it didn't work, it's probably because I'm on a Mac :(
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    @Jazzpuz I'm playing on a Mac as well, and I'm able to do it! Have you tried switching your keyboard to US?
    keyboard.png

Afterwards, these keys should do the thing:
    Keyboard_Layout_Norwegian.png
    If this doesn't work, try adding either Ctrl or Shift to the combination. :smile:
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    They fixed the issue with the wiped out relationships faster than the speed of light! I didn't encounter it in my game, but good job, Sims team!
    @Jazzpuz I'm playing on a Mac as well, and I'm able to do it! Have you tried switching your keyboard to US?
    keyboard.png

Afterwards, these keys should do the thing:
    Keyboard_Layout_Norwegian.png
    If this doesn't work, try adding either Ctrl or Shift to the combination. :smile:

Thank you for the tip :) That's what I'm already doing (switching the input-language), I didn't think about the fact that you can change it in the meny bar though, that makes it much less of a hassle, so thanks for that! :smiley:
  • ArcanuaArcanua Posts: 8 New Member
    I really don't want to necro this but I was trying to find some info on how to build these. I looked into that roof thing and it does not work it expands the roof from the bottom it doesn't actually lower it. I wanted a dog house from a tiny lot I'm making mostly as a decoration, I had no intention of leaving a pet out in the elements but this doesn't work. If it did in the past it doesn't work now which is really annoying/frustrating does anyone have another way to do this with a functioning roof that doesn't use normal height walls?
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited December 2017
    Arcanua wrote: »
    I really don't want to necro this but I was trying to find some info on how to build these. I looked into that roof thing and it does not work it expands the roof from the bottom it doesn't actually lower it. I wanted a dog house from a tiny lot I'm making mostly as a decoration, I had no intention of leaving a pet out in the elements but this doesn't work. If it did in the past it doesn't work now which is really annoying/frustrating does anyone have another way to do this with a functioning roof that doesn't use normal height walls?

@Arcanua SpringSims built the best pet house I've seen so far. He uses the smaller half walls and those awning type roofs that are located under window decorations, I think. Only issue is since there are no levels and the roof is a decor object, you can't see inside the pet house unless you place the roof to the side, which is kind of a big issue I guess. Check it out if you'd like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw66PuBZoXM