Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on Cats And Dogs

Comments

• Options
    Shelley72Shelley72 Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Rumpelstiltskin;c-16196335"][quote="Shelley72;c-16196330"]I've been watching some video's of the sims 4 cats & dogs, trying to get an understanding on how to play, does anyone know if you can play as the cat or dog? Just like you do with the human sims, & is there a status where you can see what the animal's needs are?, just like the human sims, as so far with all the people I've seen play, they don't click on the animal's icon pic at the bottom of the screen, they stay as the human sim & just click on the animal & interact with it that way, giving it what it needs, can anyone explain please, thanks [/quote]

Nope there's no default pet UI (that you can see anyway!) or controllable pet option. However I do believe a playable pets mod has been created already.[/quote]

Thanks for that Rumpel, I haven't brought the cats & dogs Pack yet but I'm hoping to soon, I'm just finding out more details about it at the moment as I can't wait to play it, it seems like the best pack yet ?
  • Options
    MizzTuraMizzTura Posts: 43 Member
    I didn't actually know about some of these, I think my favourite thing that I've recently discovered is that big dogs can jump up on the counter, it reminds me of when my dog did that in real life and stole a whole gammon XD

Has anyone seen Skunks yet? I'm curious as to how they've made them look if at all.
  • Options
    TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    When someone actually has a bad relationship with the pet and it runs away. :joy:
    WXM49cV.jpg

ouch.
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Did You Know Dogs will drink out of the toilet like in real life. I saw it on one of the videos.

Did You Know Dogs and Cats can get sprayed by Skunks?

Did You Know there are some miniature lighthouse lights that look similar to solar lights close to the beach? I think I saw them near the lighthouse. Hope those are in buy or build mode. You can see them in Iron Seagull's Brindleton Bay review.

Did You Know Toddlers can use the dog and cat doors?

Did You Know there is a new fish bowl? Suprising no one showed it.

Did You Know there is a Fire Pit at one of the community lots that isn't in buymode but just part of the lot? Sims can only chat around it.

Did You Know sims and pets take a boat to the lighthouse?

Did You Know there are several boats at different districts to go to the lighthouse?

Did You Know just Dogs and Cats can use the boat to get to the lighthouse?

Cats can attack and eat birds in the Woohoo Bush that came with Get Together. Saw it on Rory Plays stream.

Boat to light house? Awesome! Do the sims actually get to go in and tour the lighthouse?
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Did you know that if your pet runs away you can use the computer in hopes of them being found? Also your pet may just return home out of the blue. That's what happened when my dog ran away.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Did you know toddlers can eat the gourmet pet food? (I don't know if other ages can, but toddlers can for sure :D )

24160752207_aabb44b417.jpg
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    Hi Simmers! I have a minor problem. I have two dalmatians, and homeless dogs are constantly going to our house.There is a lot of them!! How do I get them off? They don't want to leave :D
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Have you got the dog hangout trait on your lot?
    Are any of your doors locked so they cannot get out?
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    ElCaptainElCaptain Posts: 21 New Member
    > @PapayaPancake said:
    > When someone actually has a bad relationship with the pet and it runs away. :joy:

LOL That is amazing :D
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    @TerezaSims85 I had this problem too! I told my sims to 'shoo' the animal waited till they all left locked all the doors for household only. MAKE SURE ALL OF THEM HAVE LEFT,I FORGOT ONE AND IT JUAT ATE ALL THE FOOD AND POOP!!!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Did you know that when the laser pointer changes colour it also changes the image it projects? Green shows a fish and pink shows a mouse:

RDcBHcx.png
    5QKxZov.png
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @Woolenhat said:
    > @TerezaSims85 I had this problem too! I told my sims to 'shoo' the animal waited till they all left locked all the doors for household only. MAKE SURE ALL OF THEM HAVE LEFT,I FORGOT ONE AND IT JUAT ATE ALL THE FOOD AND POOP!!!

> @Woolenhat said:
    > @TerezaSims85 I had this problem too! I told my sims to 'shoo' the animal waited till they all left locked all the doors for household only. MAKE SURE ALL OF THEM HAVE LEFT,I FORGOT ONE AND IT JUAT ATE ALL THE FOOD AND POOP!!!

But when I Shoo them, the yellow monster starts to squeal on me!!! :D
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    Did you know that cats & dogs both don't like wearing outfits?
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    CutePlayzTSCutePlayzTS Posts: 3 New Member
    Did you know that when your female dog or cat makes a noise and hearts are around them, that they're in heat??
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Did you know that when the laser pointer changes colour it also changes the image it projects? Green shows a fish and pink shows a mouse:

RDcBHcx.png
    5QKxZov.png

Isn't that playful pink? I believe that flirty pink is a heart.
  • Options
    EvamchaaEvamchaa Posts: 3 New Member
    What is the mod that allows you to control your pets?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did you know you can make your dog and cat happy with testingcheats? Shift click on your pet then click make happy.
  • Options
    vessme wrote: »
    Did You Know Dogs will drink out of the toilet like in real life. I saw it on one of the videos.

Did You Know Dogs and Cats can get sprayed by Skunks?

Did You Know there are some miniature lighthouse lights that look similar to solar lights close to the beach? I think I saw them near the lighthouse. Hope those are in buy or build mode. You can see them in Iron Seagull's Brindleton Bay review.

Did You Know Toddlers can use the dog and cat doors?

Did You Know there is a new fish bowl? Suprising no one showed it.

Did You Know there is a Fire Pit at one of the community lots that isn't in buymode but just part of the lot? Sims can only chat around it.

Did You Know sims and pets take a boat to the lighthouse?

Did You Know there are several boats at different districts to go to the lighthouse?

Did You Know just Dogs and Cats can use the boat to get to the lighthouse?

Cats can attack and eat birds in the Woohoo Bush that came with Get Together. Saw it on Rory Plays stream.

Boat to light house? Awesome! Do the sims actually get to go in and tour the lighthouse?

This is the boat
    01-01-18_10-17-36nbspPM.png

Sims can either go on top of the lighthouse or woohoo in it. They can't tour the inside.
  • Options
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Did you know there's whales that show up now and then at Cavalier Cove?

At first I thought it was a sea monster, cause I only saw the bumps in the water, so I sat there on the beach and waited until it would show up again. And then I saw it was a pod of whales, not a sea monster :p

kQgKJYu.png

Awesome I didn't know this.
  • Options
    HollyannxxHollyannxx Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I’ve just adopted a dog and he’s quite agressive. Can I change his agressive trait in CAS mode?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Did you know there are dolphins in BB? Rachybop took this pic. Also shows whales.

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    how do I get my dog to have puppies with a dog that isn't in my household. I moved two other familys as neighbours, and even though she has the hearts as in wants to breed. and I try to check there all comfortable, every time I tell her to mate with one of the dogs they growl at each other, even after several be nice to. which mostly she ignores, even with the friendly trait. is there a glitch or do I just need to persevere??
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Ok this might be old news to most of you but I for one didn't know furniture could require fixing after being scratched one too many times :')

dEFHgvS.png
  • Options
    RoyalTeacupRoyalTeacup Posts: 114 Member
    Did you know you can make drinks for pets at the bar? My sim made a minty fresh drink for the cat!

Did you know that if your cat is on the bed while your sim is sitting on the bed, the cat will paw at them and they'll get ++relationship!
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Did you know that toddlers can get a ball out of the pet toy box for the cat or dog to play with? They can't throw it like the older sims but they'll grab the toy out of the box and then run over to the pet and put it on the ground for the pet to play with.