Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The exterior design of House and Greehouse looks very nice! @MyFavoritedesign :) It is very nice that the greenhouse is on the upper level of the home! The brick texture of the walls and the flower boxes on them looks very nice. The trellis roofing looks great over the greenhouse ! Very nice lilypads water pond feature in the corner nook. Very nice outdors dining area! Sims will enjiy cooking on the bbq and eating the meals at the umbrella table in the sunshine. Nice corner nook gardening area. The furnishing of the interior of the greenhouse is so very pretty ! The floral water fountain sculpture is a nice touch and the alien plants look great in the gardening box! Very nice sitting area for sims to enjoy resting in very pretty surroundings. The ladder of flowers and the butterflies on the wall look very pretty! The brown and white colour scheme of the bedroom looks very nice, and very nice wall panelling! The luggage cases are nice bedside tables wiith lamps on them.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for your review, I love how you notice everything. <3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Challenge Number: 6
    Origin ID: Xraygrl2004
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Gardener's Dream
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D689AAC7DC1411E78D17C4041DF8DF4A
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes please
    Additional Notes: The greenhouse/yard area includes all base game plants & trees including the illusive U.F.O plant and Death Flower. Most plants are Pristine or Perfect.
    -Images-
    Street View:
    25fjeiv.jpg
    Top View: (show the layout)
    2m6jv2h.jpg
    1-5 Additional Images:
    2evpwr4.jpg
    qz4pzb.jpg
    4twljs.jpg
    bg4ppg.jpg
    106g2na.jpg
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • Options
    The exterior design of the home and the layout of the build looks very nice! @xraygrl2004 :) Very nice roofing on the home, and the windowed areas either sides of the front of the home gives a very nice look to the home! It is nice that there are seats there for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the air. The flowers look pretty on the front edges. Very nice design of the greenhouse! The flowers look so very pretty on the edges of the greenhouse! It looks very how the harvestable have been placed inside the greenhouse. Very nice sofa seats sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting there, looking at the water fountain feature and enjoying the setting. It looks nice the way the wooden pathway joins the home with the greenhouse. The bird baths are a nice touch either sides of the entrance. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The floral wallpaper in the entry nook and living room area is pretty. Try shoes and clothes racks look homely and sunflower picture is a sunny touch. The clock and flowers on the window ledge in the bedroom are a nice touch there. Very nice sofa seat sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting there watching tv , using the computer at the desk or reading a book. The green wall tiling in the bathroom looks very nice. The beauty products are a nice touch on the sink counter and the yellow flowers are a nice of sunshine in the room.
  • Options
    xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    Awww thank you @rosemow I always enjoy reading your reviews. It's like a burst of sunshine on my screen :smile: I'm glad you like my little home. While playtesting, Fraser seemed to enjoy it, and I had fun building it. Which is a win win in my book :smiley:
    Rke3QSo.jpg
  • Options
    PaigeottoPaigeotto Posts: 127 Member
    Origin ID: Paigeotto
    Gallery Name Of Build: Greenhouse Garden
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/831E8409DC5811E78285C076D3EC6188
    Would You Like Criticism: Sure!

-Images-
    Street View: lay8XPi.png
    Top View: Wn0zr11.png
    1-5 Additional Images:
    9DDjVvq.png
    DLllXC7.png
    ieAE3A0.png
    OELg084.png
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • Options
    The exterior design of Greenhouse Garden home is very nice! @Paigeotto :) The brick wall texture gives a very nice look to the home and the flower box windows are pretty touches. Very nice pond area ! The trees and rocks look great there. Very nice design of the greenhouse! The harvestable plants are a touch in the corner nooks. Sims will enjoy gardening there, or doing woodworking on the workbench. The water fountain feature with the seat benches each side, the flowers in the top of the fountain the flower lamps, and flowers on the corners. in the middle of the room , looks so pretty! The ladder of flowers and floral wheelbarrow is a nice touch. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The pictures on the walls are homely touches. The sunflowers in the vase look sunny! The wall panelling in the kitchen nook is nice, and the fruit wall pictures add a nice look to the kitchen and dining area.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Challenge Number: 6 - The Greenhouse
    Origin ID: cmbaker16
    Entry Level: advanced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Tiny Garden Home
    Gallery Link: Tiny Garden Home
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes
    Additional Notes: when I read tiny I thought you meant tiny as in the tiny house movement so my main house is a 4 x 12 so it's quite tiny. The greenhouse I went with an L-shape but it does meet the 8 x 8 requirement just in a round about way :) because it's so tiny had to get creative with placement of things like the tv on the counter but I did test it and it does work.

mi2a09.png

2lstxsh.png

140bzi8.png

2q33w2s.png

4ju74h.png

• Options
    The design and layout of Tiny Garden Home is very nice! @cmbaker16 :) The grey brick exterior wall texture and the dormer look great, and the hedging and flowers look pretty on the edges of the home! Very nice outdoors living patio for sims to enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table in the outdoors air. Very nice design of the greenhouse! The corner water fountain and flowers nook feature is very pretty! The flooring texture looks nice. Very nice harvestable garden section! Sims will enjoy growing plants in the ground there, and tending to the plants with sunshine coming in onto them through the glass windows. Sims will enjoy resting on the seat bench after gardening. Very nice open plan kitchen , dining and living room. The long sofa seating is very nice for sims to enjoy sitting there watching tv or eating a meal at the table. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the table and red colour of the curtains and blue fridge and stobe add nice colours to the room.
    It is a very nice Greenhouse build! :)
  • Options
    pepper090889pepper090889 Posts: 3,354 Member
    Origin ID: pepper090889
    Entry Level: Just for fun
    Gallery Name Of Build: Tiny Garden Home
    Gallery Link: https://tinyurl.com/dd6asyt
    Would You Like Criticism: No, thank you
    Additional Notes: Speed Build is HERE

Screenshots

ymECVzU.jpg
    EemNf9o.jpg

pXnrNCM.jpg

LQONDq0.jpg

auKnkPi.jpg

aHqwxeY.jpg

P7YjejC.jpg

iwrXqsn.jpg

RLTqgQy.jpg

8LPDkAv.jpg

EsQ9Go9.jpg

f4lRFvj.jpg
    ofNj4ul
  • Options
    The exterior design of Tiny Garden Home and the layout of the build looks very nice! @pepper090889 :) The windows are very nice how they are used in the build, creating a very nice light filled home! The curved roofing and the brick texture of the exterior and interior walls gives a very nice look to the home. The lavendar plants are nice homely touches. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice desk area for sims to enjoy sittting there using the computer or reading a book, and enjoy looking through the windows at the greenhouse, . The books and luggage case item looks great beside the bookcase. Very nice light filled sofa seat sitting nook to enjoy watching tv there. Sims will also enjoy looking at the greenhouse when dining at the dining table. The flowers in the watering can is a nice touch on the table. Very nice design of the greenhouse ! The water fountain is a very nice touch there, Sims will enjoy doing woodworking on the workbench or sitting resting on the seat bench in the sunshine. The type of windows used for the greenhouse looks very nice. The hanging baskets and sunny flowers in the vase look pretty.
    The design of the home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    jadeiamjadeiam Posts: 146 Member
    Challenge Number:
    Origin ID: 6
    Entry Level: Advanced
    Gallery Name Of Build: The Garden Cottage
    Gallery Link: The Garden Cottage
    Would You Like Criticism: Please :)
    Additional Notes: Two green thumbs?! Fall in love with The Garden Cottage! One bed, one bath, quaint kitchenette, cosy fireplace and boasting a huge greenhouse, deck with ocean views and small private garden. Perfect for single or coupled simlings, this humble little cottage will have you feeling right at home in no time.

Link to Picture Gallery
    Street View:
    D4gko7P.png
    Top View:
    lpxuZpd.png
    1-5 Additional Images:
    uE6qcOp.png
    5MBXEO1.png
    a60Wav5.png
    hhKqcsL.png
    fsBpqV4.png
  • Options
    The exterior design of The Garden Cottage is very nice! @Oliana :) Very nice roof covered front porch and the picket fencing and dormer looks nice. The flowers are pretty either sides of the front steps. Very nice furnishing of the greenhouse! The corner nook with the garden tools on the wall and the gardening work bench is a great touch. The plants look very nice how they have been placed in the greenhouse and the flower boxes look nice on the windows. Very nice water fountain feature! Sims will enjoy sitting at the round table enjoying the natural setting and sunshine coming in through the windows. The wall patterning in the kitchen looks nice, and the wall utensils, knives and spice set are homely touches. Sims will like waking up to sunshine coming in through the curtained windows.
    It is a very nice cottage and greenhouse home! :)
  • Options
    zathyrazathyra Posts: 83 Member
    -Information-

Origin ID: ZiahZi
    Entry Level: advanced
    Gallery Name Of Build: A little Piece of Nature
    Gallery Link: link
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes, please :)
    Additional Notes: So, I imagined Fraser to live in the city surrounded by buildings and that his greenhouse was his way of bringing nature into the city! His new home is supposed to be an old industrial building that was remodelled to fit his needs.

-Images-

Street View:
    kxIO81D.png

Top View:
    86BBnXV.png
    RNqGxbW.png

Additional Images:
    8o8GVIv.png
    pOUze7p.png
    lOhMyoe.png
    Q5uZqSz.png
    c9eYRK3.png
    pOZo5xl.png
  • Options
    The industrial theme and the exterior design of A little bit of Nature looks very nice! @zathyra :) It is nice that Fraser wanrs to bring a touch of nature to his City home. The brick wall texture gives a great look and feel to the home. The slanted roofing and the front steps up to the upper level looks great! Very nice greenhouse! The skylight roofing looks very nice! The flower planter boxes look very nice and pretty either sides of the greenhouse entrance and on the upper balcony of the home. Very nice outdoors seat bench sitting area. The flowers either sides of the seat are nice for sims to see whilst sitting resting there. Very nice design of the kitchen! The cabinets look very nice how they have been placed on the kitchen wall, and the hanging pans on the wall and cookbook on the fridge are nice home kitchen touches. Very nice bedroom area. Sims will enjoy looking out through the bedroom windows at the outside views whilst in bed. Nice study table nook! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stool there using the computer or reading a book. The design of the greenhouse looks so very nice! The floral and water fountain feature in the middle looks so very pretty! The plants and flowers look very nice how they are placed on the edges of the greenhouse. Sims will enjoy doing woodworking on the workbench or enjoy resting on the sofa having a drink from the drinks tray after gardening.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Information-
    Origin ID: liel88
    Gallery Name Of Build: Outdoorsy Abode
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/nl-nl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9B832981DDC311E7875E97CC8DEE2583
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes please
    Additional Notes: I attached the greenhouse to the bedroom, so Fraser can admire his lovely plants as he wakes up. I added some plants to his living area as well, so when he is inside of his home it still feels a bit like he is in the garden or the greenhouse.

-Images-
    Street View:
    qRfgeUE.jpeg
    Top View: (show the layout)
    WLrpNSI.jpeg
    mqJpwqz.jpeg
    1-5 Additional Images:
    9YlU2gT.jpeg
    6UK57PO.jpeg
    kffcUeX.jpeg
    3f1Rxf9.jpeg
    k7HkGm8.jpeg
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    The layout and design of Outdoorsy Abode is very nice ! @liel88 :) Very nice orchard area in the side area of the build. The terrain paint looks great how it is used in the build. Very nice design of the greenhouse! The glass roofing looks nice, and the plants are a nice touch on the roofing, It looks very nice how the harvestable plants are in the gardening boxes, and placed on the edges of the greenhouse. The sofa seats nook area is very nice and sunny for sims to enjoy chatting there in the sunshine, The water fountain is a nice touch. Very nice upper rooftop patio on the home! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered table or on the sofa enjoying the views from there. The hedging looks nice bordering the patio, and the vases of flowers, floral wheel cart and floral lattice on the edges of the roof look very pretty! The flowers look very nice in the nook area beside the stairs. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The wall texture gives a great look to the home. The greenery on the walls and the plants through the room areas are nice touches of nature and the outdoors. Very nice sofa and armchair alcove for sims to enjoy resting there watching tv. The plant wall decor is a nice touch, The patterned flooring there looks great! The greenery and plant boxes look nice on the bedhead wall.
    It is a very nice greenhouse and home build! :)
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Thank you everyone for submitting and entering, since this is the holiday season I am having trouble finding time to judge and create new challenges so I will post the winners for challenge 5 and 6 ASAP, however there will be no further challenges until after the new year unless posted otherwise. Thanks again everyone!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm looking forward to the results of challenges 5 and 6, but take your time @JosieAnglin :D! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year o:)! It will be fun to resume new DD challenges next year B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member

Origin ID: Adoriyah
    Gallery Name Of Build: Potterwood Cottage
    Gallery Link:Adoriyah's Gallery
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes

4qdAkDb.png
    ejdE53r.png
    I1NXFBn.png
    5aHKHyO.png
    More photos of the inside & all around the place.. Just below ;)
    cLLsZ7m.png
    6dC4Bza.png
    JiM15bv.png
    v7QLoO1.png
    O1AuWLN.png
    17pvaIB.png
    Xod5Lg3.png
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    The exterior design of Potterwood Cottage is very nice! @Adoriyah :) Very nice roofing! The open shutters front bay window is a nice touch. The plants and flowers in the front area of the build looks very nice! The birdbath,gnome and birdhouse are nice touches there. Very pretty fish fountains pond! The plants, flowers and rocks are nice on the edges of the water. Very nice layout of the build! The design of the greenhouse looks great! The glass tiling roof is very nice with the greenery on top of it. The floral sculpture is a nice touch in the middle of the greenhouse. It looks very nice how the harvestable plants have been placed there. The outdoors fruit trees orchard looks great! It is a great idea to have a separate room for the cowplant! Nice nook area with the garden tools on the wall and the flowrs wheel cart. The gardening items and crates near and on the metal shelving item is very nice, Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The coat and hat shelf is homely beside the front door and the mirror wall is great there. Very nice design of the kitchen! The nook area under the staircase with the kitchen items on the wall and table looks great! Very nice living area for sims to enjoy sitting at the bar stool counter eating a meal, or sitting at the desk table using the computer or watching tv, with sunlight coming in through the windows. Very nice loft bedroom!
    It is a very nice greenhouse and home build! :)
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Thank you @rosemow :D
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Hi @josieanglin and other folks! I just saw that I was tagged for this thread. So sorry it's taken me 5 months to notice! Yikes. Hope to get involved if you find the time to start back up again. I'll be back!!
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Thank you everyone for being patient with me! I have had to make some changes to this group!

I am able to start making challenges again, however I will not be judging anymore so all who enter will be nominated for maxis favs and these challenges will be just for fun. :)

I will be posting a challenge shortly if anyone is wanting to enter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top