Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Dynamic Developers - Weekly Build Challenges

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The design and furnishing of Vilis and Elvira’s Lair looks very nice! @Adoriyah :) It is great that you finished it on time! The wooden flooring gives a nice look to the room. The tv and 2 consoles nook looks great! Vilis will enjoy sitting on the sofa or armchairs watching tv , reading a book or playing console games. The space themed wall pictures and the gnomes on the shelving look great! The wall speakers look great on the mirror walls either sides of the tv nook. The design of the computer study desk nook looks great! The lighting on the wall, the large robot and the globe are very nice touches there. Very nice coffee station area! He will enjoy getting a coffee from there to have whilst using the computer on the dual monitors! He will have fun playing arcade machine games, video games in the gaming cube and chess, and enjoy playing the guitar. The movie poster, blicblock and plumbob posters look great on the walls! Very nice special cat nook for Elvira!
    It is a very nice Man Cave! :)
  • JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    **ATTENTION**

Dynamic Developers challenge 5 is now ended!

Thank you everyone for submitting your builds!

The new challenge will be posted soon, and the results from this challenge will be posted tomorrow at 9:00AM USA (CT).

The final entries were:

MyFavoritedesign with Nerdy Man Cave
    carolynrosser with Blicblock Game Room
    Xraygrl2004 with Gamer's Cave
    coolsim9999999 with G Is For Geek
    kuhpflanzen with ddchallenge - 05
    cmbaker16 with Ultimate Gaming
    pepper090889 with Gamer Cave
    ChaosSimmer86 with Dude Hangout
    liel88 with One With The Force
    Adoriyah with Vilis And Elvira's Lair
    MimcAIe.jpg

Fraser is completely in love with nature. His favorite pastime is gardening. He enjoys being around all the greenery and enjoys observing and learning about new species of flowers, trees, and plants. He is looking for someone to create a tiny home for him with a large greenhouse attached to the tiny home, since he will be mostly spending his time in the greenhouse. He has provided a list of things he will need in his home as well as his greenhouse. Are you up to the task?

Your Objective:

Build Fraser a tiny home with a greenhouse attached to the home.

Budget:

Unlimited.

Lot Size:

Can not go over 30x20.

Requirements:

Tiny Home:
    Must have one bedroom, one bathroom, and a small kitchen, anything else is up to you.
    Must use brick for the exterior.

Greenhouse:
    Must build a greenhouse attached to the tiny home (can be attached to the side, back, or even the roof if you wish)
    Must be 8x8 or bigger.
    Must have all walls be windows.
    Must have at least two pots for Fraser to garden with.
    Must include a seating area.
    Must include a fountain.

Additional Notes:
    Shape of the greenhouse and the tiny home are completely up to you.
    Color schemes and overall decor/aesthetic are completely up to you.
    Landscaping is up to you.
    Size of tiny home is up to you, but remember it is a TINY home.

Be creative!

You have one week for this challenge.

Entries Close:

Sunday, December 10th at 6:00PM USA (CT)

Winners Will Be Announced:

Monday, December 11th at 9:00AM USA (CT)

Please remember to use #DD , #DynamicDevelopers , #DD6 if you are submitting your builds to the gallery.

Entry form:

-Information-
    Challenge Number:
    Origin ID:
    Entry Level:
    Gallery Name Of Build:
    Gallery Link:
    Would You Like Criticism:
    Additional Notes:

-Images-
    Street View:
    Top View: (show the layout)
    1-5 Additional Images:

Good luck! I can't wait to see all of the builds!
  • ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    @Adoriyah Your man cave is absolutely amazing!
    @JosieAnglin The new challenge sounds so fun! I got inspired immediately and already started working on mine :) My goal is to be able to post in on my own, so I have a few more comments to go :)

Hope everyone has an amazing day! <3 <3
    @Adoriyah Your man cave is absolutely amazing!
    @JosieAnglin The new challenge sounds so fun! I got inspired immediately and already started working on mine :) My goal is to be able to post in on my own, so I have a few more comments to go :)

Hope everyone has an amazing day! <3<3

Hello @ChaosSimmer86 :) I will look forward to seeing your greenhouse build!
    Soooo... I pulled an all-nighter and my build is done! :) Should I post it now or wait until later in the challenge? And could I possibly post more pictures than five? Since there are so many aspects to this build (I mean, it's basically two builds :wink: ) I am having a really hard time picking five pictures that adequately represent it.
    Hope you are all having as much fun with the challenge as I did!
    Hello @ChaosSimmer86 :) It is great that you have finished your build! I will look forward to seeing your build! Perhaps you could post the 5 pictures here, then post a link to more of the photos on imgur. You can upload the pictures all together so that are in a group on the site,
    Thanks as always for your quick answer @rosemow! It was really, really hard to limit myself to five picture but I managed :) Here we go:

-Information-
    Challenge Number: 6
    Origin ID: ChaosSimmer86
    Entry Level: Experienced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Tiny Home, Big Plan(t)s
    Gallery Link: will post as soon as I find it :)
    Would You Like Criticism: Absolutely!

Additional Notes:

I finished this challenge in two days because I just couldn't stop building. I had so much fun and I love my little tiny home :)
    I decided to keep some of the brick wall inside and match it with a laid-back country style. I put in lots of bookshelves, because Fraser has a lot of botany books that he loves to browse while sitting in front of his fireplace. He also has a computer for research, but no TV, because he would rather spend his time gardening.
    The kitchen is small but very functional, because Fraser likes to cook with fresh vegetables from his garden. His bedroom is tiny and cosy and also full of bookshelves. In the bathroom, I first wanted to put in a shower, but then I figured that Fraser might like a nice bubble bath after a whole day of digging in the dirt, so he got a full bath with a tub! The last little addition to the house is Fraser's little wall of fame: In the hallway leading to his greenhouse he put all the trophies and awards he won for all his perfect plants.
    Which takes us to the greenhouse. It is filled with perfect fruits, veggies, flowers and potted plants. The eyecatcher is a fountain in the center. Fraser has a nice lounge area, so he can spend time admiring his beloved plants, as well as a little work space. Outside, the garden continues with several fruit trees in the backyard. There is also a little shed to keep all of Fraser's tools and supplies, so nothing gets lost.
    He definitely loves his new home. Hope you do too!

Street view:
    h ttps://imgur.com/QI4vPvs (front)
    h ttps://imgur.com/e8ZXJeQ (side)
    h ttps://imgur.com/5wPV0SG (back)

Top down view:
    h ttps://imgur.com/6QaQkRj (lot)
    h ttps://imgur.com/smDuEx0 (house & greenhoues)

Additional pictures:
    Greenhouse: h ttps://imgur.com/RDxa5Rs
    h ttps://imgur.com/qLnJN5Q
    h ttps://imgur.com/WWhcEsB
    Tiny Home: h ttps://imgur.com/yPv63kN
    h ttps://imgur.com/wgnVGnA

Link to the entire gallery on imgur: h ttps://imgur.com/a/Qytj7

PS: The build actually does include only perfect plants :)
    PPS: Please, really check out the imgur link, those pictures tell a much more complete story :)

Thanks in advance for pulling the pictures!
    Thanks as always for your quick answer @rosemow! It was really, really hard to limit myself to five picture but I managed :) Here we go:

-Information-
    Origin ID: ChaosSimmer86
    Gallery Name Of Build: Tiny Home, Big Plan(t)s
    Gallery Link: will post as soon as I find it :)
    Would You Like Criticism: Absolutely!

Additional Notes:

I finished this challenge in two days because I just couldn't stop building. I had so much fun and I love my little tiny home :)
    I decided to keep some of the brick wall inside and match it with a laid-back country style. I put in lots of bookshelves, because Fraser has a lot of botany books that he loves to browse while sitting in front of his fireplace. He also has a computer for research, but no TV, because he would rather spend his time gardening.
    The kitchen is small but very functional, because Fraser likes to cook with fresh vegetables from his garden. His bedroom is tiny and cosy and also full of bookshelves. In the bathroom, I first wanted to put in a shower, but then I figured that Fraser might like a nice bubble bath after a whole day of digging in the dirt, so he got a full bath with a tub! The last little addition to the house is Fraser's little wall of fame: In the hallway leading to his greenhouse he put all the trophies and awards he won for all his perfect plants.
    Which takes us to the greenhouse. It is filled with perfect fruits, veggies, flowers and potted plants. The eyecatcher is a fountain in the center. Fraser has a nice lounge area, so he can spend time admiring his beloved plants, as well as a little work space. Outside, the garden continues with several fruit trees in the backyard. There is also a little shed to keep all of Fraser's tools and supplies, so nothing gets lost.
    He definitely loves his new home. Hope you do too!

Street view:
    QI4vPvs.png
    (front)
    e8ZXJeQ.png
    (side)
    5wPV0SG.png
    (back)

Top down view:
    6QaQkRj.png
    (lot)
    smDuEx0.png
    (house & greenhoues)

Additional pictures:
    Greenhouse: RDxa5Rs.png

qLnJN5Q.png

WWhcEsB.png

Tiny Home: yPv63kN.png

wgnVGnA.png

Link to the entire gallery on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/Qytj7

PS: The build actually does include only perfect plants :)
    PPS: Please, really check out the imgur link, those pictures tell a much more complete story :)

Thanks in advance for pulling the pictures!

Thank you so much for posting this for me! @rosemow <3
    The layout and design of Tiny Home, Big Plan( t) s looks very nice! @ChaosSimmer86 :) Very nice outdoors areas! The home looks very homely! The texture of the exterior walls gives a very nice look to the home. The red flower box windows and flowers on the edges of the home look very pretty! The orchard fruit trees areas look great! Very nice glass tiling roof greenhouse! The flowers, plants, flower wheelcart, plants wall decor and water fountain look so very nice there! Very nice sofa and armchair sitting nook for sims to enjoy sitting chatting there enjoying the pretty and natural flowers and plants setting! The metal shelving looks great with the garden tools on them! Very nice fireplace sitting area in the home! Sims will enjoy relaxing there in front of the fire reading a book . The sunflowers are a sunny touch there, and the books look homely on the side table. Very nice corner study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting there using the computer.
    I enjoyed looking at the other photos also.
    It is such a very nice home and greenhouse build ! :)
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your sweet review and your encouraging words! I'm really glad you like it :)
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    oh new challenge and it will certainly be a challenge! can't wait to start tomorrow!
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Very cute @ChaosSimmer86! The interior looks so cozy and love your greenhouse with all the plants, pretty!
    @ChaosSimmer86 thanks for submitting in this week's challenge!

Sorry the previous challenge's results have been coming out so late everyone, I am doing them ASAP, thanks for being patient!
    @mannanna Aww, your're too kind, thank you so much! Really glad you like it :)
    @JosieAnglin Don't worry and don't stress yourself out, I'm sure we can all wait another few hours or days ;-)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited December 2017
    Entry form:
    -Information-
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Entry Level: Advanced
    Gallery Name Of Build: Tiny House --- Big Garden
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/26A2BC16DB7B11E787E997CC8DEE2583?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Would You Like Criticism: yes
    Back Story:
    Fraser loves everything about gardening --- from seed to fruition. He loves flowers, trees and plants. You get the picture. He also holds fishing fun nights, and everyone chows down on a delicious garden-fresh meal after fishing, and Fraser uses the fish to fertilize his stellar greenhouse garden --- atop his tiny home.
    Additional Notes:
    1.There are some plants growing in pots that usually don't
    2. The two fishing ponds for fishing competitions --- so he can use fish fertilizer.
    3. My sim, Fraser, painted the paint by reference painting on the easel in the greenhouse.
    4. There are also two cameras in the greenhouse, so that he can take photos of his growing goodies to do gardening research.
    5. I made an adult swing in the yard --- "hanging" from the oak tree in the yard. The swing is not playable. It is a creative decoration.
    -Images-
    gvHnVlq.jpg
    Street View:
    tnhcSBO.jpg
    first floor --- top view
    IU9S91v.jpg
    second floor --- top view
    PAUe3XQ.jpg
    third floor/rooftop --- top view
    Additional Images:
    JAHdZ82.jpg
    taking a break to sit by the fire during a fun day of greenhouse gardening
    G9ZpZfi.jpg
    sitting in the greenhouse
    Zmdypcl.jpg
    evolving one of his plants
    3TOoNp5.jpg
    painting a paint by reference of his beloved greenhouse plants
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

The layout and design of Tiny House -Big Garden looks very nice! @coolsim9999999 :) The two ponds for fishing look great! It looks very nice how you have used the floral grassy terrain paint! The lamp lights look very nice on the edges of the front footpath. Very nice corner outdoors dining nook! Sims will enjoy cooking the fish meals on the bbq there and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the outdoors air. The swing from the oak tree looks great! The hanging basket street lamps look nice in the build. It is great that the greenhouse is on top of the home! The trellis roofing, and the greenery on the side walls of the home looks very nice. The plants look nice how they are placed on the edges in the greenhouse, and the water fountain feature , floral lattices and arch are nice touches, Nice sitting and resting area there. The candles are calming on the table for Fraser to see when sitting there after gardening, Very nice layout of the interior of the home! The yellow colour of the walls and furnishings looks very sunny and nice! It is nice that he is enjoying painting on the easel, in a very nice natural setting. The stone flooring looks great!
    It is a very nice home! :)
    edited December 2017
    Thank you very much @rosemow for your awesome and very detailed review of my tiny house with a greenhouse for Fraser B)! I'm happy that you like so many aspects of the home, such as the greenhouse on top of the house, the lattice roofing, the color scheme of the house and the greenhouse :D! I'm glad you like my use of terrain paint for the flowered grass, lighting and paths, as well as the water fountain, the way I set up the greenhouse, and the swing :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

@coolsim9999999 thank you for submitting in this week's challenge!
    You're welcome @JosieAnglin :D! What a cool challenge idea this week B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Entry form:

-Information-
    Origin ID: MyFavoritedesign
    Gallery Name Of Build: House & Greenhouse
    Gallery Link: House & Greenhouse
    Would You Like Criticism: Yes, please
    Additional Notes:
    Some pots may float slightly above the shelves. In some cases, this is an impossible change. Please accept this as a magical property of pots. :p

-Images-
    jqne34C.jpg
    FeYCn0Q.jpg
    tJqcJBz.jpg
    BCv7K9Z.jpg
    Ry2ojK4.jpg

More pictures
    7HX1Vwg.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights