Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your experiences with toddlers.

simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
Today my sim Sophia adopted a little baby called George. He aged up into a toddler and I chose the fussy trait. I haven't really had any big issues when it comes to my toddlers having this trait, but today I ate my words.
- He didn't sleep through the night. Every night he woke up crying, even with a nightlight.
- Sandwiches were a big no for him! Chucked them straight on the floor. Eating time became a big mess and he ended up living on animal crackers and apple sauce because he wouldn't eat anything else.
- His mum would suggest a bath or to use the potty, kicked up a right stink and threw a wobbler because 'he didn't want to!'
- He finally aged into a child and I thought the nightmare was over. Oh no. I made him play with the doctor bear to give him a bit more empathy, and he ended up crying because his bear was sick.
- He then cried when his mum adopted a little brother for him.

R6LqoCr.png

I'd love to hear any similar experiences with your toddlers :D As much as George was a complete nightmare and rung rings around his mum, I really enjoyed playing the family. It was challenging and it's made me realise that each toddler is a little different.
Origin ID - eliselove1
Four Seasons Properties

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• PrincessMeow3349PrincessMeow3349 Posts: 86 Member
    I have one family with one toddler. The husband works, the mom is a SAHM and I still had to hire a butler, or no one would eat.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    #Complicated #Love #Them #Unconditionally
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    They are the best toddlers so far, but im not a family player so they stress me out. I had to take a break from my family with toddlers.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I don't have the Parent pack yet or the toddler pack either so I don't benefit from the added features these pack give.

Of the toddlers I have atm, only one has been a problem so far. The Benali kid (I think that is the name of the couple that comes with the city pack and the wife is already pregnant), when I grew her up from a baby I chose the wild trait. I then immediatly moved the family to a bigger apartment (because no way was their original apartment big enough for three) in the Arts Quarters, where I immediatly lost the brat because she decided to wander.

Wander! I have no idea where she went and I could NOT find her (even by clicking on her face) but somehow I got her back. Well. She toddled back, pleased as a punch while I was...yeah never mind.

That incident should have told me I was in for a ride. She is a wandering, tandrum filled, never keeps her clothes on little brat and oh my god do the parents have to clean the high chair soooo often. They are also the only parents that autonomously scold their toddler or lecture because; bad behaviour! I've been so lucky!

The other few traits I have tried; charmer, silly and clingy, and they are a breeze. Well, so far. The clingy one can be a little tricky but I solved it by creating a little play corner in the painting studio and in the diningroom. Those aer areas where a parent is most likely to be. That way no more issue about being left alone.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I love toddlers <3 but my current household just had twin girls that I was in no mood to tend to. I hired a nanny and let them fend for themselves. It was all good! They were always in the red, with dirty diapers, crying, but they survived. 1 day to age up now :)
  • SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    I love toddlers <3 but my current household just had twin girls that I was in no mood to tend to. I hired a nanny and let them fend for themselves. It was all good! They were always in the red, with dirty diapers, crying, but they survived. 1 day to age up now :)

Does hiring a Nanny prevent them from being taken away? I always seem to get them taken away.
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I have a difficult toddler in one of my households at the moment. She is a twin, her brother is fine, but this little girl wakes up every night. She never wakes her mum or dad (or even her teen brother), but instead prefers to wake her teen big sister.

The problem is this makes the big sister incredibly angry being woken night after night, so she is stomping around while putting her little sister back to bed, lol. She is still usually angry and moody when she wakes up in the morning. This family situation is a bit volatile at the moment, but it's so much fun to play them. :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I love all your experiences with toddlers.

@joleaco - I agree, it is fun to play with them when they are acting up!
    @Stina1701A - I've had a few wanderers!!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Cute at first but got old very quickly.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I was never a family player and for me it was honestly no big deal that toddlers where missing in the base game. Also in real life im not a huge toddler / childrens fan ;).
    But I agree, the toddlers in the Sims 4 are the best so far. I think I became fan of toddlers now (at least in the Sims :D). At the moment I have just 1 toddler, she is absolutely adorable. I play with againg off to spend lot of time with her.
    I am looking forward to my first Vampire baby soon :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm a family player so I really enjoy everything about them and how different each one is. I haven't got bored of them yet and I love how challenging they are.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    I love the tots, in my legacy the firstborn couldn't be the heir because he was such a crybaby that he got on my nerves, MY NERVES and I usually don't let little gaming things get to me but he was child possessed I didn't even teach him and his sister everything I just aged them up into kids. His sister was a sweet angel and now she's raising two families with men that hate each other how time flies...all her tots are good a couple of them make messes and try to run away from their fathers but generally, they're pretty good.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    My favorite trait is silly but I love all of them, even clingy. I made a clingy mommas boy for a single mom a while back and it rang pretty true, sweet but a wee sad.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    My experience is pretty good actually, the only issues I really had was with the high chairs so I just quit using them. To be honest my toddies sleep pretty good through the night because I read em to sleep, but I have not so good luck with kids, the kids constantly wake my Sims up due to the monster under the bed.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My experience has been very negative. I purchased Sims 4 because it originally did not have toddlers. I tried playing with them, but that life stage makes the game not fun for me. Basically, they age up the second they become a toddler.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I usually pick fussy toddlers just to try to throw more chaos into the household. You haven’t seen fussy though until you’ve run a household of 7 identical fussy toddlers, lol. I set up a challenge for it and it’s chaos set to max, haha. Here’s the original challenge and results: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913707/the-fussy-septuplet-toddler-challenge/p1 and the post-Parenthood GP version and results: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/925619/the-new-fussy-septuplet-challenge
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    And then there was Jamey: [img][/img]AmfeigF.jpg

[img][/img]gCNhgTK.jpg

[img][/img]UZHq0AA.jpg

From sun up to sun down, he was a bit of a menace. He cried initially when his younger brother (the blond) was born. But he likes him now. :)

[img][/img]6NfDa5e.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I love them, but dude! Toddlers are tough! (Just like in real life... ;) )

I play an Amazon legacy, so there are babs aplenty in my Sim world. So when they become toddlers, I kind of have to develop a system. Make sure they're fed and clean so that they can at least be independent for awhile, and teach them the very basics of potty training so they can go on their own without adult help.

Also, MAKE SURE that you make a family-size meal and have it available for the toddlers. They get hungry so fast, and then you are in danger of the social worker if they get too hungry.

Other than that, buy blocks and other toddler toys so that can have fun and learn--again without constant adult supervision. My tod learned blocks at the highest level most entirely on her own the other night.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    SodaGnome wrote: »
    Livinity wrote: »

Does hiring a Nanny prevent them from being taken away? I always seem to get them taken away.

It appears so! Nannies aren't that effective, my toddlers were miserable, but they didn't get taken away at least.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I played one family with toddlers but theyre too high maintence for me, so I play without toddlers.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ChelsmazingChelsmazing Posts: 60 Member
    @ChristianSimFan I've always used that wall defender night light and it keeps those pesky monsters in check
    Spread love, not hate.
    The world is dark enough as it is.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    From the tiny bit I've played... Detailed and frustrating (but in a good way). ;) It was a little hard to go back to Sims 3 toddlers and I don't like them as much as I used to.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • mimisimblrmimisimblr Posts: 13 New Member
    My couple constantly left the tots at daycare to go clubbing, I also have a mod by LittleMsSam called More Away Actions so they just keep building their skills so when the mommies are back, they are already quite mature and disciplined despite one is Wild and one is Fussy.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    @Chelsmazing I need to use that, ty.
  • PrincessMeow3349PrincessMeow3349 Posts: 86 Member
    I just added a maid to the above mentioned family I have, because even the butler can't keep up with the mess.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top