The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things That Grind Your Gears.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    What grinds my gears:
    • People who walk at a snails pace in malls, but don't move to the side to let people past them.
    • People who stop dead in the middle of the walkway in a mall, causing you to nearly crash into them.
    • People who stop in clumps, in the entrance to shops, to have a lengthy chat, and are oblivious to the people trying to get around them.
    • People with prams who put them in the way.
    • People. In public. Srsly, can't they just stay at home?
    • People who use their phone in a cinema.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You don't seem to be getting intot the spirit of my thread.
    Oh, but I am!
    I'm also a talkative sport.

without being judged and questioned why it grinds our gears.
    latest?cb=20170125061223
    Sometimes questioning can get you to look at the world from a different perspective.

Another gear grinder, when family fusses at me for not visiting but they haven't been to my house in twenty years. :o (Why am I the only one required to travel?) Gears ground to pieces.
    They sound like some of my family.
    I gave up wasting time visiting them, when none of them could be bothered to visit me. They have cars, I don't, so it made little sense that they expected me to catch a bus to visit them, when they could just drive to me in less than half the time.

LOL, yes. And in the past I was fussed at for not calling, but seems I remember last time I called them, they haven't called here in years, either. lol But I'm the one that moved away so I get the brunt of it all. I enjoyed your list because yeah, those things happen to me, too. (all of it). :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    This week my gears were ground when I play Match 3 games and I've just about cleared the board (timed game) and while I'm working on removing whatever it is, at the bottom of the screen (board) the game adds back a block or two that I had already removed. And running out of time. Argh..and it's not even one that says it will do that. Dagnabit. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    My whole day has been grinding my gears. It was a bad day.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• JiminnieJiminnie Posts: 165 Member
    I'm sorry to hear that @nani . ): Hope today's better.

I don't like when people compare cats and dogs. They're two different, amazing animals just let them be friendsssss.
    a10be189d14688d50e674c23d0ce222a073d7420_hq.gif
    "My blood sweat and tears, my last dance- take them."
    Origin ID: Eommaya

edited November 2017
    When you meet all the requirements and beyond for one of those apps like Hulu or DirectNow, and they buffer constantly. Get it together. :s
    When companies put their products (food or drink) in smaller packages but I'm charged the same price as the bigger twelve ounce soda can or bottle...don't tell me how much I should be drinking or eating, It's my body. And stop overcharging when it's clear they added less.

Oh, and most aggravating, when you stand in line to get into an early bird sale and the item you went to get is 'sold out' even if you are number two or three in line at the door. :o
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    burnt food.
    edited November 2017
    People who burn trash, polluting my air and my animals' air. When people burn wood as their heat source because they have gone off the grid and don't care they are causing me an asthma attack miles down the road. :o
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Well today I'm feeling a bit fed up! I'm pregnant, little one is due next month and I hate being so big. I'm like a whale lol :'(:bawling: I just dislike being so big as I'm used to being slim. I'll be so glad when the baby finally comes :)

Congrats! Boy or Girl? :smiley:
  • comstarhatesucomstarhatesu Posts: 53 Member
    People who sneeze or cough and don't cover their mouth! Grrrrr
    Check out my YouTube channel, ComStar Sims: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_kBzfB0REHNLOZyucASjA?view_as=subscriber Thanks! ~ Brittney
  • SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    Having been diagnosed with hypermobility, my hips are killing me because I have to do exercises to make sure that I don't lock my joints into place. Plus I was also diagnosed with discalculia, a maths version of dislexiya. I've been REALLY struggling this week with dividing and finding fractions... :'( I'm just having a bad week...
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    @SunshineEmma how are you feeling? I remember being big and pregnant, i got so uneasy those last few weeks that the beginning of labour got me in a party mood.
    gZJwNIt.jpg
    Is this your first? The back aches can be painful, listen to your body and rest if needed. It will al be worth it!

I have a boy, his name is Mika and he is almost 4 years old.
    gZJwNIt.jpg
    @SunshineEmma thank you!

I understand you're nervous, do you have a birth plan? Sometimes that helps with the nerves. Hang in there, I'm sure it will go okay!
    gZJwNIt.jpg
    liel88 wrote: »
    @SunshineEmma how are you feeling? I remember being big and pregnant, i got so uneasy those last few weeks that the beginning of labour got me in a party mood.

Do you have an gear grinders to add? :)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    People who don't shovel their sidewalks when it snows. And why are people with corners houses always the most likely to not shovel? "Oh there's too much sidewalk to shovel so I'm not going to shovel at all" Guess what it's still your responsibility to shovel your whole sidewalk. If a corner property is too much for you to manage don't buy a corner property then. Or buy one in a region where it doesn't snow. But here it snows and it is your responsibility as a homeowner to clear your sidewalks so suck it up. I don't want to slip and slide or have to break out the hiking equipment to climb over your sidewalk.

Also the fact that the city can spend 24/7 it seems like all summer long tending to the park I walk through/past every day but when it snows they can't even shovel it once. They're no better than half the residents are. I get they have TONS of property to look after and they can't get to it all in one day. But I won't be able to use the sidewalk by the park all winter now.

The fact that most places use such cheap flimsy bags and most places also charge you for them now. Honestly I don't mind the charge but like... I'm paying you for this bag and it can't even carry a bottle of pop home? Because chasing a bottle of pop down the block in the snow and ice is really great. And then having to carry it without a bag when I really really don't have enough free hand space to do so. (But I also get mad at myself for NEVER remembering my reusable cloth bags. Man even my soil would have fit in one of those and my trip home today would have been SO much easier)

Also that stores schedule so tightly these days and there's never anybody to help when you need it (but when you don't somehow they have too much staff and won't leave you alone). I looked online for my soil before going out because I needed to research where to get it (it's for succulents, if I use regular soil I also need to buy even more stuff to mix in it for drainage... can't carry all that!) this is the only place and it said they have 15 bags. I wanted 2. I get there and they had one. I couldn't even find a staff member to ask if they had any in top stock or something. I know it also sucks for the staff that is in though, because my work does this too and when people finally find somebody, usually the cashier, they're so mad and they take it out on this poor innocent person (and it's like "Trust me I wish we had more people too! I'm really sorry I really really am! But I can't do anything!"). It's a really annoying experience on both sides of the counter so to speak.

I could also repeat my last post about people in public (and any other points that others brought up that I didn't, any of them, if it's people in public toss in the mix) 10 times over after today, and probably add a few more. It was a very long miserable shopping trip.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Drama queen. There is nothing worse than someone who make so much drama out of little things and won't admit it's ridiculous.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    AVG for adding what they tried to pass off as Ransomeware protection when it won't even let you 7Zip your files to manage hard drive space or even hook an external hard drive up to move or copy those files over to clear space on your hard drive.This so-called ransomeware "protetion" almost got me into serious trouble with ransomeware as I wasn't able to protect my files for nore than a month until I got it uninstalled.AVG shouldn't bbe forcing that mess on their customers who paid for virus protection if they haven't figured out that it would stop people from being able to back their own files up.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Wow, all of you have some bad days. When AMD is marked Not to download a new Driver and it does it anyway anytime you are on the internet no matter if you unticked automatic update or not. :s
    Cinebar wrote: »
    liel88 wrote: »

Do you have an gear grinders to add? :)

I'm sorry i got off-topic!

It really grinds my gears when people cut in line at the store, a lot of people seemed to have lost their manners!
    gZJwNIt.jpg