Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guide/Service Dogs

I was thinking that maybe it would be a nice idea to add guide (or service) dogs to sims 4 with the upcoming expansion. Possibly things such as the typical harness jacket and leash they wear. The only con I can find is that the dog would probably have to walk closer to the sim (though with not owning the pack yet, i'm not sure the distance the dogs walk at) and that the dog would have to act trained the whole time - not act out.
This was a random 1am idea I had and thought I might as well share. I know this may seem unnecessary to some but others may like this idea. Even a small mesh edit to any of the existing dog clothing would do ^^; Since some service dogs just help out with personal things that may be unseen (and easily role-playable)
I'm sorry if this has been suggested before haha :)

also here's a cute lil corgi video because why talk about dogs & not show a cute puppy video lol

Comments

• tiinnaalynnxtiinnaalynnx Posts: 5 New Member
    I think this would be cool if the sims had any kind of disabilities. This would be neat if they were to ever add disabilities to the game, like blindness or deafness, maybe even amputee of some sort, wheelchair user? Although I don't know of any way to add that to the game and have it go over well haha
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    Sign language would be a neat skill for sims 2 learn.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    You cant even talk about disabilities on the forum for some strange reason. I cant see them ever adding them to the game, i hope they will someday.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    You cant even talk about disabilities on the forum for some strange reason. I cant see them ever adding them to the game, i hope they will someday.

Any discussion about adding disabilities to the game is considered a form of lobbyism and, along with any discussion about politics, is not allowed on the forums
    6adMCGP.gif
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited October 2017
    MadameLee wrote: »

Any discussion about adding disabilities to the game is considered a form of lobbyism and, along with any discussion about politics, is not allowed on the forums

Ya I seen this on my thread. Though, it may just depends on how the topic and responses go, if it's peaceful enough, it can stand. I had a huge thread about religion and spirituality in the sims that's still open.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • rougesimmerrougesimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    that is an awesome idea my sims have a mod for autism as that is what i have is Asperger's syndrome pdd-nos and i have a service dog for my meltdowns and to prevent self harm due to excess stimuli and would love for a dog to help my sims as well any cc mod creators out there i would pay money for a good one that would actually help my sims calm down and get rid of negative buffs..
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Ya I seen this on my thread. Though, it may just depends on how the topic and responses go, if it's peaceful enough, it can stand. I had a huge thread about religion and spirituality in the sims that's still open.

it's probalbly because most of the threads about it during Sims 3 time turned into arguments.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited January 2018
    The sims is a game that allows you to "pretend" whatever you want to in your game.

If you want a "blind" sim, I would simply add a pair of dark sunglasses to help with the effect that your sim is blind. Their dog could be their guide dog. You could go through the dog clothes and pick one outfit (I would probably go with a red shirt or sweater) for all service pets to wear to give your game a cohesion so when you saw these owners with their service dogs, that outfit would remind you that they are a service dog.
    You are only limited by your own imagination.

For example:
    064708.jpg

This picture always made me think that the guy in black was blind and his poodle is his guide dog.
    064703.png
  • emo_girlemo_girl Posts: 2 New Member
    i really agree as a person with PTSD and ADHD I would really like service dogs or quide dogs to be added I would love my sim to really match me. I have made my dream dog and some what have it as a service dog (I just put a harness on it) but its not the same.
    there should be a expansion pack or update made to add things for disabilities like wheelchairs and obviously service dogs. this is ment to be a life simulation game its not really a life simulator with out disabilities being added.
    I would really appreciate these things to be considered.
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Adding a service dog vest to the game would be nice at least - or something that looks like it :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Loftyy wrote: »
    Adding a service dog vest to the game would be nice at least - or something that looks like it :)

The vest in the picture I posted above looks similar to service dog vest and the man in sun glasses with the poodle appears to be blind.
  • HudsonGTVHudsonGTV Posts: 25 Member
    Service dogs could be for elders so you don't have to worry about stirring controversy with disabilities.
  • First things first, we need to get them to include disabilities.

Even then, this has become a touchy subject for me. I belong to a support group for vision-impaired individuals, and it seems like our monthly meetings have continuously degenerated into discussions of what is or is not a legitimate service animal ever since the "therapy pecock" plane incident over a year ago. I would be all for adding service animals to the game provided they limit them to either cats or dogs.
  • I have been making characters for the Novella that I am writing and one of my characters is in a wheelchair but sadly because there is no option for this I can't play her how she is in the story. Right now I am getting around this by playing her as a toddler but I would very much like to play her as a child and for it be accurate.

I am glad though that they finally added a paddling pool for the toddlers. That is nice. Took a long time though.
  • Chaz_HavensChaz_Havens Posts: 3 New Member
    Agreed. I really hope they add it as a feature to the cats and dogs expansion or smth. I tried to have one in game, but it was impossible ;-;
    I think it'd be nice to see some recognition to the disabled community.
    > @HudsonGTV said:
    > Service dogs could be for elders so you don't have to worry about stirring controversy with disabilities.

as much as that'd be a good idea, thats kind of limiting. It'd be nice to have an option for anyone to have a service dog; to give some recognition to the disabled community. Having it only for elders kind of erases the entire disability part.
    > @strawberrymark said:
    > I was thinking that maybe it would be a nice idea to add guide (or service) dogs to sims 4 with the upcoming expansion. Possibly things such as the typical harness jacket and leash they wear. The only con I can find is that the dog would probably have to walk closer to the sim (though with not owning the pack yet, i'm not sure the distance the dogs walk at) and that the dog would have to act trained the whole time - not act out.
    > This was a random 1am idea I had and thought I might as well share. I know this may seem unnecessary to some but others may like this idea. Even a small mesh edit to any of the existing dog clothing would do ^^; Since some service dogs just help out with personal things that may be unseen (and easily role-playable)
    > I'm sorry if this has been suggested before haha :)
    >
    > also here's a cute lil corgi video because why talk about dogs & not show a cute puppy video lol

i also want a service dog in-game. In the cats and dogs pack, theres a vest that looks 'close' to the service dog vest, and putting them on leash and heel trick is available, but the heel only lasts max 10 seconds and you can only walk around a little with it. The leash is the same; all you can do is walk around with it, although it lasts until you unleash them (or do something else). it'd be nice to have a "make service animal" option once the animal is trained well enough, and have the animal act more trained and service animal-ie.