Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP - Launcher Will Not Let Me Install Simpacks

BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Ive tried the following:
-Clearing Caches
-Deleting the Sims 3 Folder
-Uninstalling and re-installing Sims 3
-Uninstalling and re-installing Origin

So far, nothing has worked. I currently do not have any CC or Mods as I just decided to install some on my new computer, but the CC wont install
:'(
Orgin: BrianAndree

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    1- Is this really CC or are we talking about EA Store content?

2 - If truly CC, are you certain the files are sims3packs and not package files or in some other format?

3 - How exactly are you trying to install them and what (if anything) happens?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    1- Is this really CC or are we talking about EA Store content?

2 - If truly CC, are you certain the files are sims3packs and not package files or in some other format?

3 - How exactly are you trying to install them and what (if anything) happens?

1. CC, mostly from modthesims and tsr
    2. Yes, the files are simpacks. On that note, I tried playing the actual game last time, and it crashed as well, so it could be the whole thing :neutral:
    3. I open my file explorer, highlight about 10 at a time and right-click them and press "open" eventually, it loads and the CC starts installing but then it says "The Sims 3 has stopped running" and then Im forced to close it.
  • JelielMMJelielMM Posts: 5 New Member
    I bought an addicional home, but when I build on it, my simoleons just don't get spent (It's like I'm using edit town mode) . I don't know why :( I hate that because it feels like I'm cheating, and I hate cheating. Can someone help me please :'(
    I've installed all the updates and driver updates my computer has needed, still nothing.
    It appears that its one of the mods I have! Now to figure out which one...
    edited October 2017
    @BrianAndree - I would never even attempt to install sims3packs quite that way. Instead, do you get different results if you download and save the files separately to some outside of the game location (desktop, your computer's downloads folder, etc.) as it sounds like you are already doing, unzip if they are compressed, and then don't open but move (or copy) the sims3packs into the TS3 user game folder's Downloads while the game is not running? Then when you start the Launcher do the newly added files show up as ready to be installed? And not ten at a time, I would suggest trying this maybe one or two at a time first to see if it works better.

I would also suggest clearing out everything already installed from the game folder's Downloads. Things that are already installed don't need to be cluttering up the space in there.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited October 2017
    JelielMM wrote: »
    I bought an addicional home, but when I build on it, my simoleons just don't get spent (It's like I'm using edit town mode) . I don't know why :( I hate that because it feels like I'm cheating, and I hate cheating. Can someone help me please :'(
    I'm sorry, I saw your other post on this yesterday but have no idea why that would be happening. Maybe someone else here will recognize the issue.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Thanks @igazor, I used that download tip and WOW! Ive been doing it wrong for two years! Thank you.

After a process of elimination with mods, I figured out the cause was that I had the master controller story progression installed, but not story progression itself, causing the game to crash!! Im all good now, though.
    edited October 2017
    @BrianAndree - I wouldn't say you were doing it the "wrong" way, the installs are actually meant to work automatically. But the Launcher and the entire sims3pack content system setup are so fragile that I never trusted them from the beginning. The other more manual way with taking things slowly just seems to be more reliable. :)

And yes, the MC Progression add-on module will crash the game on startup every time if the MC Base mod and the SP base mod are not both in place. It's not meant to be a haha, we gotcha moment, but we've never been able to come up with a way to prevent that from happening.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • waterpassiongirlwaterpassiongirl Posts: 18 Member
    I have an issue I don't know where to post. I Uploaded my own world i built in create a world tool. It was installed fine and worked. When I played the world I noticed 2 bridges who wasent attached to the roads. I deleted the world and uninstalled the world to fix the problem. Then when I was going to upload It again it says the world is already installed but when I check my studio at sims3.com it says its no longer exist. Still can't install my world again and cannot remove from the studio page. Can anyone help me please? Kind regards Lisa.
    edited October 2017
    @waterpassiongirl - I'm going to guess that the WorldCache or some other remnant of the world got left behind on your system. But instead of guessing, let's page someone who knows what they are doing with world creation.
    @Rflong7
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Where do I ask for help then? :-). I have uninstalled all sims 3 games plus the world tool and installed everything again and now have the 1.69 version.
    This would be the board on the forum for CAW and world design:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts3-world-builders

But I just paged Rflong, you might want to give her some time to respond before re-posting.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Where do I ask for help then? :-). I have uninstalled all sims 3 games plus the world tool and installed everything again and now have the 1.69 version.
    Sorry, I missed your latest message. I wait for some response from either you or her. Thanks so far :-)
    Sorry, I missed your latest message. I wait for some response from either you or her. Thanks so far :-)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi @waterpassiongirl :)

If you already uploaded your world, the Exchange won't accept the same world. Each world is given a number in CAW which identifies is on the Exchange. No re-uploading of worlds to the Exchange.
    Luckily for most, Someone found a way to give your world a new number... It will Take Sim3pe and a little patience. Read, re-read, then test on a backup.

http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/t607-tutorial-changing-the-wpid-file-to-give-your-world-a-different-i-d

Thanks! I will look into this tomorrow, Im to tired right now haha. Might hit the wrong button. A big cup och coffey and som patience then. I post how it goes. Thanks so far :-)
    Thanks! I will look into this tomorrow, Im to tired right now haha. Might hit the wrong button. A big cup och coffey and som patience then. I post how it goes. Thanks so far :-)
    Million thanks!!!! It worked to change the ID and my world is uploaded and running. So happy. I spent almost 100 hours to build that world that is now called Mountaintwig river creek if you want to check it out ;-). Thanks again!
  • AliStar1976AliStar1976 Posts: 9 New Member
    Ok, sorry to piggy back on someone else’s problem but irony have enough points to start a new thread.
    Firstly, sorry for the above.
    Secondly, I have a problem with what can only be described as “blue lots”. They’re not solid blue, but each lot has a blue hue with a definite boarder to the rest of the game world. It happens when winter arrives and won’t go away when it gets to spring. I have no mods (as most google searches make reference to bad CC) and it’s only happened when I use my New Lenovo. Played for years - trouble free - in my Sony Vaio.
    Please help.
    Thanks.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited October 2017
    Ok, sorry to piggy back on someone else’s problem but irony have enough points to start a new thread.
    Firstly, sorry for the above.
    Secondly, I have a problem with what can only be described as “blue lots”. They’re not solid blue, but each lot has a blue hue with a definite boarder to the rest of the game world. It happens when winter arrives and won’t go away when it gets to spring. I have no mods (as most google searches make reference to bad CC) and it’s only happened when I use my New Lenovo. Played for years - trouble free - in my Sony Vaio.
    Please help.
    Thanks.

@AliStar1976 do you have a link for your new lenovo or make and model computer? It sounds like your video card is having issues rendering the game. The issue may be your computer specs
  • AliStar1976AliStar1976 Posts: 9 New Member
    @phoebebebe13

Hi! It might have helped if I’d had this info ready. Short answer is “no”, but I can get it though I’m at work right now.