Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small animal pack

Do you think we will get a small animal pack anytime soon since dogs and cars is coming out? And, what kind of animals would you like in it? Do you think children will be able to feed their pets and possibly clean their cages (hopefully no dying of pets because they haven't, but they could have a bad smell moodlet because of forgetting to clean the cage).

I would like to see mice and hamsters with elaborate cages you can build, birds like budgies, or parakeets , love birds, cockatiels and parrots and would like to see lizards, with terrariums. Would like to see a ball you can put your hamsters and mice in temporarily and see them roam the house. Cats could try to chase the ball like mine did. .They could have bags of treat objects and bags of pet food that you could make a pet store with to sell items.

Comments

• alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I hope so. <3 I want bunnies, hamsters, guinea pigs, fish, budgies and more.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It will be quite a while before a small animal pack comes out. Think of the releases like a rotation. We got OR first, so another vacation pack should be next. We got vampires and witches should be after A vacation pack. Small pets is way down the line.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @Dannydanbo How do you get that whole rotation idea? I do agree it's unlikely that they would make two packs in a row that are made to appeal to the same kind of players, but we can't really tell what will actually be next. We haven't had a rotational pattern so far, just a variety of things. Also, based on your logic, between a new vacation world and a new supernatural, we would get two other gamepacks... like a new type of leisure and a new way to earn money, or something.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2017
    I don’t think so because if they wanted us to have small pets and had been working on them, they would have just included them in Pets.

I believe this is it for animals for quite a while.
  • Katie123Katie123 Posts: 925 Member
    i would of thought they would come in the dog&cats pack but clearly not lol (I guess it does say in the name...)
    wow, it really annoys me that sims make the same packs from sims 3 but somehow make it worse like getting rid of certain things (small pets)
    but on the positive at least we will get the vet career path with cats&dogs
    tumblr_n25chlaSo01rrajoto1_500.gif

Katie123
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t think so because if they wanted us to have small pets and had been working on them, they would have just included them in Pets.

I think your naivete is adorable.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    @Dannydanbo How do you get that whole rotation idea? I do agree it's unlikely that they would make two packs in a row that are made to appeal to the same kind of players, but we can't really tell what will actually be next. We haven't had a rotational pattern so far, just a variety of things. Also, based on your logic, between a new vacation world and a new supernatural, we would get two other gamepacks... like a new type of leisure and a new way to earn money, or something.

Well, lets wait and see what GP/EP rolls out after C&D and see how my theory holds up.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It will be quite a while before a small animal pack comes out. Think of the releases like a rotation. We got OR first, so another vacation pack should be next. We got vampires and witches should be after A vacation pack. Small pets is way down the line.
    I just thought because they had toddler stuff and a parenting pack so close together that they might have a small animal stuff pack or game pack close behind cats and dogs, not to mention they will probably have some kind of horse pack, unless they team that with a farm expansion or GP.... I would love to see a big farming pack with other animals.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I think your naivete is adorable.

I am a gentle soul.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017
    Personally i think things like the lack of cars etc needs taking care of first.

Edit: When I refer to cars I mean usable cars not the neighbourhood effect cars. Just thought id point that out as clearly i wasnt clear enough.
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on

We have cars in the game. They drive right through our sims when they cross the road.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member

We have cars in the game. They drive right through our sims when they cross the road.

It is times like this I wish we had a lol button!
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I think we can expect more than cats and dogs, just not this instance
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I really hope we get guinea pigs and that we can customize them so I can make my piggies in the game
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I hope so
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I really want Rabbits, and Iguana's, Different bird varieties, ferrets, Hedgehogs, turtles, snakes. Plus I hope they let you have a pet store:)
  • ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    I would looove for there to be rabbits! Imagine wild rabbits going into your garden and eating your sims' vegetables, making them super annoyed lol
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited October 2017
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I just thought because they had toddler stuff and a parenting pack so close together that they might have a small animal stuff pack or game pack close behind cats and dogs, not to mention they will probably have some kind of horse pack, unless they team that with a farm expansion or GP.... I would love to see a big farming pack with other animals.
    A small animal pack could easily be next. The survey options have been Winter Vacation, Fairies, Witches, Fashion Forward, Love Life, Beauty Salon and Small Pets-Pet Store any of these can be the next game pack. They have done pretty well sticking to the survey options even if they remove the best ideas from each theme we are still getting them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    If we get a small pets pack, it won't be for a while. They aren't going to REPEAT a theme too close together. Maybe in 2020.

Plus, there's always what I call the DRIBBLE THEORY. The Dribble Theory is that you are give a little less each time of whatever IT is. With each lessening portion, you get used to having less and because it's taken away so subtly, you notice, but end up being okay with less JUST THIS TIME. Until the next time, then that's the last time. Until the next time. Pretty soon, you have almost nothing and are content with whatever you are given. Cats & Dogs may be done well, maybe very well, but what if it's only going to be cats and dogs?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If we get a small pets pack, it won't be for a while. They aren't going to REPEAT a theme too close together. Maybe in 2020.

Plus, there's always what I call the DRIBBLE THEORY. The Dribble Theory is that you are give a little less each time of whatever IT is. With each lessening portion, you get used to having less and because it's taken away so subtly, you notice, but end up being okay with less JUST THIS TIME. Until the next time, then that's the last time. Until the next time. Pretty soon, you have almost nothing and are content with whatever you are given. Cats & Dogs may be done well, maybe very well, but what if it's only going to be cats and dogs?

While this is a valis concern, I don't think it's happening with pets for a few reasons.

1: People will buy anything pet-related. People have been buying new computers to play Cats&Dogs. It's almost a guarranteed win.

2: Requirements for EPs are going up, but Stuff Packs and Game Packs remain the same so far. If small pets are a GP then people who didn't upgrade their computers have something to buy.

3: EA is in no rush to bring Sims 4 to a close. The more packs they can think of, the longer they can keep it going. Making a new game is much more expensive and risky than turning out new DLC for a popular game - just ask Paradox.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    They might and I hope so. They did mention a small pets GP in a survey a while ago.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    This would be cute but I'd rather they just put them in farming GP, hehe.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Hope they include bunny rabbits this time round. My 7 fuzzy family members are starting to feel left out. :'(
  • Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    I could see a farming ep being created, for horses, cows, chickens pretty much farm life. In the upcoming cats and dogs ep I feel that small animals should already be included but as the pack is named only cats and dogs. Bunnies, lizards, snakes, turtles, hamsters, and ferrets would have been a nice touch who knows maybe 1 or 2 will get added down the line.
  • ValxoValxo Posts: 56 Member
    Vines12 wrote: »
    I could see a farming ep being created, for horses, cows, chickens pretty much farm life. In the upcoming cats and dogs ep I feel that small animals should already be included but as the pack is named only cats and dogs. Bunnies, lizards, snakes, turtles, hamsters, and ferrets would have been a nice touch who knows maybe 1 or 2 will get added down the line.

I hope so too! In one of the districts in Brindleton Bay (the one with the cat/dog statue) there is farming land up at the north end! With hay bales on the field. Unusable, though :(