Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: Idea/Question.

Comments

• godslittleangelgodslittleangel Posts: 13 New Member
    This new question is based on the sims 4 update that eliminated the ability to use custom content. I have always used custom content in the sims games and never had a problem with them. I recently re-installed the sims 4 and went to play the game with the content that I got from custom content sites all over the web. But it wouldn't load the game. I would like to ask that you give back this ability so that simmers can have the content they like that the game hasn't given to us. And if you could bring back more of the traits that sims3 has and maybe some of the careers from 3 like the PI career and the ghost buster career that would be great. Maybe you could put those in as a update for the "Get To Work" expansion pack.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    There hasn't been any update that eliminated the ability to use cc. You just have to enable your cc again. But sometimes mods/cc become incompatible after a game update and need to be updated by the creator of the mod.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    You are still able to use cc/mods in your game. You may have broken cc.
    If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.