Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So about babies..

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    it would be cute if the babies could crawl around I remember a screen shot where it showed a baby crawling in cas it was a cas age button
    right next to the toddler one so maybe someday it will happen
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    would love babys to be babys and not an object to be aged up asap
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Just let me move the kid from one bassinet to another without having to go into build mode! That's all I ask. XP
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Does anybody remember when in TS2 or TS3 (or both, can't remember) babies would randomly be left on the floor because whoever was carrying them did not put them back in their crib? I remember spending a good five minutes searching for the babies.

I am very, very happy they are tied to the crib.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
    edited October 2017
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Does anybody remember when in TS2 or TS3 (or both, can't remember) babies would randomly be left on the floor because whoever was carrying them did not put them back in their crib? I remember spending a good five minutes searching for the babies.

what if you could take them out to wash them or hold them in a chair but not put them on the floor?
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I advocate this only if they program the sim AI to only set Babies down on chairs, tables, beds, age-specific objects like blankets and play mats, and in cribs. TS2 sims putting their babies on the floor is one of the main reasons why my TS2 sims never take their babies out of the nursery and have a fridge and garbage chute in the room to make sure they don't wander around with the kid and leave him on the kitchen floor or something while they go play video games. If the "floor baby" problem is fixed, I'm all for the little ones leaving the crib. If not, keep them there until they're Toddlers.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »

You just need to clic on the baby to see where he is.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I'm not bothered by babies being tethered to the bassinet. I'd rather they flesh out teens or elders first as I find those lifestages more interesting.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2017
    I really enjoyed how babies were in the Sims 2 and 3. I mean sure burrito babies weren't the prettiest thing to look at, but neither are the Sims 4 babies. They just look like plastic dolls and not like a simulation at all. I really would like an improved version of both the Sims 2 and 3 babies. I mean toddlers are so cute now, I want babies to be cute and not objects and be able to take them to different lots. I really don't care for the beam of light social worker, so I wouldn't mind that changing either. Sims Freeplay babies are really cute and honestly the best babies in the Sims games so far. Shame the PC version isn't quite there yet with babies.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I would like to see a bit of character progression for babies. If nothing else, a bit of movement progress where they learn to crawl and maybe try to stand a few times, but mostly fall over. Basically fill that gap between immobile baby and "toddler who can suddenly walk." They already have that age up animation where it's like the toddler is taking their first steps. So babies could go from sitting on the floor to steadily learning how to crawl.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I'm not bothered by babies being tethered to the bassinet. I'd rather they flesh out teens or elders first as I find those lifestages more interesting.

Totally agree
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Omg those babies look terrifying!!!! :open_mouth: whoaaaaa they look like elderly people! Benjamin button much?
    But they almost look like toddlers.... Are toddlers and baby separate life stages? I can never get into free play, so just wondering
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Omg those babies look terrifying!!!! :open_mouth: whoaaaaa they look like elderly people! Benjamin button much?
    But they almost look like toddlers.... Are toddlers and baby separate life stages? I can never get into free play, so just wondering

Yeah they are seperate. I remember them being way cuter lol when I played.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Yes please.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    If anyone was wondering, these are sims freeplay babies:

latest?cb=20151019182318

wpid-wp-1448220544588.jpg
    65562bbdbab375802c6aacf8124d7b4f.jpg
    CLVAwgTWIAAkcBU.png
    Sims-FreePlay-Dream-Daycare-Update.jpg

They could play with zylophones and they had cute outfits.

And I thought TS4 babies were scary :D
  • HiddenObjectsSlushieHiddenObjectsSlushie Posts: 10 New Member
    According to the Cats & Dogs EP trailer we'll be able to sit with cats in our arms. Hopefully we'll soon be able to sit with babies the same way too.
    it would be nice if our sims could really teach them how to walk and hair would be great
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I really enjoyed how babies were in the Sims 2 and 3. I mean sure burrito babies weren't the prettiest thing to look at, but neither are the Sims 4 babies. They just look like plastic dolls and not like a simulation at all. I really would like an improved version of both the Sims 2 and 3 babies. I mean toddlers are so cute now, I want babies to be cute and not objects and be able to take them to different lots. I really don't care for the beam of light social worker, so I wouldn't mind that changing either. Sims Freeplay babies are really cute and honestly the best babies in the Sims games so far. Shame the PC version isn't quite there yet with babies.

I completely agree with all of this!!! :)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    If anyone was wondering, these are sims freeplay babies:

latest?cb=20151019182318

wpid-wp-1448220544588.jpg
    65562bbdbab375802c6aacf8124d7b4f.jpg
    CLVAwgTWIAAkcBU.png
    Sims-FreePlay-Dream-Daycare-Update.jpg

They could play with zylophones and they had cute outfits.

awwwwww see i never got that far in freeplay to experience the babies but I LOVE that... I hope they are listening.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    The babies are probably too lazy to get out of their bassinet! Maybe they are like: "Its too faaaaaar for my tiny arms to reach ;-;"
    i like anime and stuff
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I think the babies being tied to the crib was a big issue for me when we didn't have toddlers as the jumping from baby to child was just such a ridiculous shortcut. But with the addition to toddlers, I don't really notice the babies tied to the cribs as much. But as others have said, if babies were able to be similar to TS2 babies, I'd definitely be okay with this.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I would love for the babies to not be crib bound.
  • NaninaniNaninani Posts: 23 Member
    I would love to see babies not be objects tied to bassinets. And more interactions with babies. Also, more crib style options than the bassinets in the game ( including a diaper changing station too.)
  • TempestTempest Posts: 51 Member
    I wish the babies didnt look the same aside from the skintone and aliens.