Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Sims Cattery Club and Joint Kennel Club?

I was considering making a Sims cattery club, to celebrate a love of cats. Haha. Although I remember that those always seemed to die, so I'm considering making it in conjunction with a kennel club? As in, the forums for these two clubs would have two separate sections for the cat and dog clubs, so that maybe the cat people would stick around if they had others to speak with?

I've been wanting to make one of these since the Sims 3, but by time I got into the Sims 3, they had more or less died and lost popularity, and I am horrible with editing photos to make them look realistic, which is what a LOT of the wins in shows were based on.

I'm also considering naming it the "Brindleton Bay Cattery Club" and alternately, the "Brindelton Bay Kennel Club," since that will be the animal town, and I like the sound of it more than just putting Sims in front. Haha. Opinions, perhaps?
Or taking out "Bay" and just making it the "Brindelton Cattery Club," and the "Brindelton Kennel Club." Again, opinions, or if you think I should change it to a different city?

Some other things that I would like to include...

-- "Companion" Dog/Cat Registration. So if you have a mixed breed dog, you would be able to register it and show it, so long as you promised to spay/neuter it. (If you later decide to use it for breeding to create your own breed, that is alright). I personally have a mutt dog in real life and we show through the AKC in this way. Of course, your dog would be limited in what it could show in (such as no Conformation, obviously!). I'm not sure how to do this with cats, since I can't think of any other sports than conformation?

-- Create a Breed. Want to create your own personalized, custom breed? Submit a form that says what your goal for it to look like and be used for is, and what breeds you plan on using to get to your goal. For custom breeds where you start out with foundations, it will be the same, but perhaps you must submit pictures of them and their offspring to make sure that they breed true?

-- Possible Fantasy Cats/Dogs. I really love the patchwork cats and dogs, so I'd be fine if we wanted to include those as so-called "breeds" or we could just consider them landraces, but either way be able to use and register them and show them? Opinions, please!

-- Downloadable Lots. So that you don't have to go through the trouble of creating an agility area, or dock diving area, etc., I could have these available for download. I know that having to create so much when you are first starting up was always the most difficult. We could also have building submissions, where the players could submit what they built, and then get paid for adding it in. This could also be helpful for people that might do hunting or herding, and they need sheep, rabbits, etc. Aka... cleverly disguised dogs/cats. Haha.

-- Gaining Titles. This would be based off of the AKC/UKC's way of 🐸🐸🐸🐸. So, for example, in Rally, you just have to score a 70 or higher and you will get a "leg." Three legs will gain you a Novice Title, and then so on and so forth. You would need more legs in the higher titles, but I think that would be a fun, and easier, way of gaining titles as opposed to having to have a certain amount of points based on if you got first, second, or third. I'll have to look to see how other sports (Conformation, Herding, etc.) title themselves, but I could probably simplify those, too. I would also need to look at a couple cattery clubs to see how they title their cats, too!

-- Sports. A TON of sports for dogs, I want just about everything added in to give a range to what you can do. Conformation, Rally, Obedience, Herding, Dock Diving, Lure Coursing, Field Trials, Barn Hunt, Agility, etc. For cats, I will accept ideas because I'm not sure other than Conformation, and maybe a hunting show! We could do agility, but I don't know how we would implement that.

-- Training System. I'm still trying to think of how to implement this one, but maybe for each kennel staff that you have, you get a certain number of "training hours" per day, which you can put towards each dog/cat, and then they would have a better chance of getting a qualifying score in various shows? So they would make less mistakes, less chance of getting scared, etc.

Anyway, I know that this is a LOT to read, but I really want to make a cat/dog club that offers as much customization, realism, and simplicity to you guys, the members, as possible. Some of these features could, of course, be deleted or we could add other things, too, completely based off of what YOU guys want!
So please, give me your opinions and if you would be willing to join, and I'll get to work on a Forum! :smile: Thank you!

Comments

• AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Sounds cool to me, these were fun in sims 3 but I never really went all out. Seeing everyone’s creative sides was great.
  • Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    I agree! I tried, but I am horrible at photoshop. Haha. I don't know how we'll do poses and stuff since you can't control the pets, so I don't think pose player would work...? So I'd have to be lax on that stuff a bit...

Thank you for your comment! :smile:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Niemalyn97 wrote: »
    I agree! I tried, but I am horrible at photoshop. Haha. I don't know how we'll do poses and stuff since you can't control the pets, so I don't think pose player would work...? So I'd have to be lax on that stuff a bit...

Thank you for your comment! :smile:

Why did you start this thread when you know there's already one that you commented in? Why not add your ideas to it?
    I have tried and spoken with the creator of the other kennel club, and none of my ideas have gotten through and have been ignored. I would like to be able to have Border Collies that are used for herding, and many other types of sports, but like I said, I don't think it is going to happen. I will continue to talk to them, but at this point, I doubt it will happen. Sorry. I already had mixed feelings about posting this, but I would really like to pursue a lot of varied sports and have more options.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    if other folks don't wanna hear you out then there's not a whole lot to do about that. ain't nothing wrong with starting your own thing. I prefer Brindleton Cattery Club/Kennel Club name then it's easily shortened to BCC/BKC. I wouldn't be opposed to BBCC/BBKC tho. I remember getting into this sort of thing but with the petz/dogz/catz games! once we get our hands on the EP, we'll really know what all we can get out of it PLUS what can eventually be accomplished thru mods and stuff. I think posing pets will be possible. iirc you can indirectly pose sims you don't have control over so I imagine posing pets would work similarly.
    6riwm5.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Niemalyn97 wrote: »
    I have tried and spoken with the creator of the other kennel club, and none of my ideas have gotten through and have been ignored. I would like to be able to have Border Collies that are used for herding, and many other types of sports, but like I said, I don't think it is going to happen. I will continue to talk to them, but at this point, I doubt it will happen. Sorry. I already had mixed feelings about posting this, but I would really like to pursue a lot of varied sports and have more options.

Well, you can't have too many kennel clubs, plus yours adds cats.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I've read about the kennel club somone is doing and it sounded interestig, but no one really explained how it worked. Like you mentioned editing photos, which I know nothing about. I assume you also need real life knowledge of showing(of which I also lack)?
    I like the names. Keep the Bay, it's interesting, symertrical, BBCC.
    How do the various shows/sports work with this? I've no previous experience with showing irl or with the Sims 3 kennel club I read about recently.
    Thank you, @littlemissgogo. The Sims 3 easily had ten clubs for dogs, and way more for horses.

@Rae357 You do not need to know how to show in real life. :smile: It's really simple.
    You pretty much just pose them in positions where it looks as if they are competing in the sport that you want them to be in, then take said picture and submit it.
    Of course, I don't want to say anything too official until the pack comes out and we can play around with it and kind of figure out how it would specifically work.
  • IcelandiicIcelandiic Posts: 1 New Member
    If anyone is still considering doing this I'd be really interested! I was part of Equus Sims back in the Sims 3 and dabbled in some cat and dog breeding, and now that there's no horses I'd love to be part of a Kennel Club/Cattery Club!