Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are Your Vampires Making Their Paper?

I got one Vamp fam, that have been surviving on Mama Vamp just publishing books. Money is Tight.
I was afraid to get them a job, cuz of the whole sunlight could kill them.
I was going to get Papa Vamp a night job being a criminal, but then;
"Hold Up, those are prime Vamping hours that is not going to work"
I pose this question to My SIM FAM:

1. Do any of your Vamps have jobs? How they making that paper?
Bills be coming due, and Mama Vamp just procreated and there is another mouth the feed.
(side note: I think baby Vamp spawn should have to drink plasma also, but oh well)

(To check out my SIMPEAKS Sim Stories Blog check out:
smokingfoxsays.weebly.com

https://smokingfoxsays.com/
(Check out the link, for my Sim Story Blog : SIMPEAKS)
Watch me play:
https://twitch.tv/smokingfoxsays

To those about to Sim I Salute you :)

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Mine makes money with mixology. I have him sell ultimate vampire cures (ironically) on the city living table at 300% markup. Which earns him an astonishing 50k~ simoleons per drink sold :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Mine makes money with mixology. I have him sell ultimate vampire cures (ironically) on the city living table at 300% markup. Which earns him an astonishing 50k~ simoleons per drink sold :D

Same! But my drinks sell for 20k :| Do you have Get to Work? My vamp have a little spooky store to sell concoctions, plasma packs and plasma fruits, wolfsbane, vampiric tomes and so on.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    The sunlight will not kill them while they teleport to work ;).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • SmokingFoxSaysSmokingFoxSays Posts: 79 Member
    @CyrusTheLoser thanks so much, I didn't even think of that. To be true, I have not messed yet with the mixology in any part of the game yet. (total slacking) I'm going to get to stepping on that though money.

@Livinity now that's primo, your own spooky store? Hashtag New goals.

@Busufu Thanks that Tip as well!

Aww this is what I have been missing in my life SIMular Minded Community.

Thank you so much :) Made my Day

Watch me play:

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Livinity wrote: »

Same! But my drinks sell for 20k

I haven't tested what affects the value, but my sim does have mixology maxed as well as the reward trait that increases the amount you can sell crafted goods for, so maybe it has something to do with that!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    Some of my vampires work, others don't (some of these others are supposed to be so ancient or from long noble bloodlines that I'm ok with using money cheats for them).

Of those, the main ones that work are a doctor and an internet personality. The city living jobs are great with the work from home options and those goals can be finished any time over the next 24 game hours or so.

Doctor just goes batform and flies out of the sun when gets to his job. The internet vampire (who is also a half-alien) has perfect sun resistance so can go out in the day, anyway. If you give your vampires batform, super speed, or mistform they shouldn't have any issue getting to and from work without catching fire, even if never get sun resistance (not sure how they will get by with the thin skin flaw maxed, though)
    @kalaksed a half alien half vamp?! Now that is something I have to try and achieve it sounds just to awesome.
    I appreciate the insight, so much :smiley:
    I also forget that money cheats existed for this game, and now must look into that also.
    Thank you so much!

Watch me play:

Just a note on the money cheats. They can be good in moderation or for specific households already decided to be well off. But if you use them for everything for every household it can seriously help the game get quite boring quite fast, since there's nothing to overcome. That said, it's very nice that they are there.

As for the half-alien vampire, she is the greatest. Chianna (named for a Farscape character she is nothing like) is the eldest daughter of my main family, an alien and her astronaut husband. Since growing up and moving to San Myshuno, Chianna has had quite a trying time. Tried out all the careers the city had to offer, had three kids by three different dads (one alien, one human, and one vampire after she got turned) on top of the whole 'now I'm a vegetarian who is a vampire' episode... I really liked the idea of a younger oddball vampire who had now idea of their history or anything becoming a world famous internet star, the alien half of her heritage helped cement her for that role. And her half-alien vampire son is already being considered as a spouse for another vampire's alien abduction baby (two vastly different heritages both will have)...umm ...sorry for kinda squeeing over the character and her family here...
    @kalaksed no please, I love reading that stuff. I started a blog, because I also enjoy writing Sim Fiction as well.
    ( I have used money cheats on the sim games that have come prior to TS4, I definitely agree, it can make it extremely boring. )
    Thank you for sharing that :) That was incredibly interesting to read, feel free to share more :)
    Have an Awesome day. :) TGIF.

Watch me play:

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I just got the "Vampires" pack yesterday, but so far I have one vampire who's a freelance programmer and another who's going to be making his living writing songs and pulling in royalties off of that (just have to keep getting those music skills up). Though, if you really want to make a bunch of easy money without cheats, level up a sim's handiness, get a woodworking table, and crank out nothing but bathtubs or get your sim to be really, really good at painting and make abstract and classic paintings all day long. Both crafting skills are crazy easy to level up, even in a sim's free time, and the results are...well, so good you'll swear it's a cheat.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    Thank you so much for those tips @SimsLovinLycan
    I have not even messed with the woodworking table, but surely will now.
    Happy Simming to ya!
    Watch me play:

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    The dude in my icon works as a chef, mostly because that was the job with the latest hours somehow (that wasn't criminality anyway, he's not like that).

It's working out pretty alright so far. It's always nighttime when he comes home.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    It is great for working vampires to live in apartments, because to go to work, they just need to walk until the elevator, and no sunlight can harm them. +When they need to go to work, they will only need to go outside for a moment, then at work the sunlight can't drain their energy, and death by sunlight will happen when vampire has no energy.
    So ideal jobs for them are Culinary and Criminal and those who have to go to work during the day or to high school, the ideal place to live is in one of San Myshuno apartments.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    It is great for working vampires to live in apartments, because to go to work, they just need to walk until the elevator, and no sunlight can harm them. +When they need to go to work, they will only need to go outside for a moment, then at work the sunlight can't drain their energy, and death by sunlight will happen when vampire has no energy.
    So ideal jobs for them are Culinary and Criminal and those who have to go to work during the day or to high school, the ideal place to live is in one of San Myshuno apartments.

@EgonVM Thank you so much for the insight!
    I think you have inspired to create a new vamp household specifically for the city.
    Have an awesome day!
    Watch me play:

@Magdaleena the dude in your icon looks awesome, what's his name?
    Thanks for the tips btw :)
    Watch me play:

@Magdaleena the dude in your icon looks awesome, what's his name?
    Thanks for the tips btw :)

Ahhh, thank you! His name is Morten :smiley:
    He never exactly planned to be a vampire, at all, but got turned anyway because someone thought it would be hilarious.

It's actually a pretty normal Norwegian name. Which, incidentally, is the language my game is in.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    Oh yes, I suppose apartments can be great for vampires for that reason. Might have to give it a go, myself.
    While Chianna lives in San Myshuno, she was the spoiled daughter of a beyond wealthy couple moving out on her own and bought the empty warehouse in spice district as her way of 'roughing it' so always had to deal with the sun even as a vampire (all done on purpose, both with her story and the fact that she loves the outdoors). That lot works like a normal residential lot from other neighborhoods, mostly. No elevators and such.
    As for more on her and her family, they were my original household after a save corruption cost me my saves up to early get to work. Everyone in the family had maxed all available skills, gotten most available reward traits (parents had all) and the parents had completed all (pre vampire pack) ambitions (I cheated that on the husband since two required specific branches in specific careers) while also having maxed every branch of every career (husband does one path, wife the other). They also have a shop that sells all the science potions and gadgets, all the alien stuff (space rocks, minerals, pet aliens, whatever), all the career unlock clothing (I do have to go in and edit the sold outfits if I want another sim to buy a specific thing, like get the Oracle coat without becoming a criminal) and it also sells all of Ara's mixologist potions, snafflefuster (great drink if you can unlock it), and ambrosia, among other minor things. They also run Sensational Sixam, the most high scale restaurant in my game. All alien staff, alien decor and a rocket in the back for the 'out of town' visitors. It mostly serves the experimental food with a few other things that fit the theme. Alien tarts and such.
    Basically, they could buy the landgraabs out several times over with all this. Multiple sims with that investing reward trait makes the household ever rich. And Chianna left this to make a life of her own as a clueless new young adult. (Loves outdoors, clumsy, vegetarian) By buying and converting a warehouse... After the conversion (pretty much all movie Hangouts boho and city living cultural mishmash decor. And an arcade game in the living room just because she thought it was cool), she cut herself off from the money, if not the family. But, growing up with all those investment tips and and her own already created stock portfolio, she still didn't have to work at all. Still does, just because, though.
    She started out as a politician, just because everyone becomes an activist when they first move to the big city. Got disillusioned with that after a while, became a critic, specialized in art (already had painter aspiration maxed, so made sense to her) and grew tired of that after a while, too but noticed her following online kept growing every time she critiqued a piece so thought there may be something in that...so went to the social media career while also getting unknowingly stalked by a vampire. He turned her, got chased off by a hunter (who I named Mina Harker to be silly) and Chianna basically turned with zero clue about what was going on. But, since she was livestreaming when it happened and she snacked on her butler (who still works for her for some reason...) in front of her followers, she pretty much became world famous overnight. Much to the dismay of the majority of the vampires who think they are managing to blend in secretly

...um, there I go gushing again. Do want to suggest something I brought up in another thread though. This works for all vampires, but esp both the ones on the good vampire ambition and for vegetarian ones. Aquariums, or even fish bowls, if don't have the packs with aquariums. Dine out's only lets you buy four food fish, which can get pricey(ish), but spa day's let's you buy a guppy for $15. Then you can buy another, then another (or buy an assortment of six fish for $150 or so), put them all into inventory, make lunch. Nice and cheap, esp if just use guppies. All my vampire households have an aquarium, just in case. (Also, sadly, the vegetarian bit mentioned earlier doesn't actually matter. Vegetarian and squeamish vampires both have zero concerns about slurping from the potentially dirty neck of an individual who obviously not a walking plant)
    Holy Plum @kalaksed that was an amazing read!!
    I honestly have taken almost a nine year break from playing The sims on a computer. I have so much catching up to do, and have not even still tapped into everything TS4 has to offer. I maxed the plum out of TS2 which was the one I had in 2008. I just played for like four hours, and now after reading that, I have to talk myself down from loading it up again. :D lol

You just blew my mind with the Fish tip :smiley: Thank you so much for that :)

Watch me play:

And, linking an older thread I gushed about all my vampire lairs with, just so you can see a few of the ideas there. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15838196#Comment_15838196
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    lol. Vampires don't work! They finished with that drudgery hundreds and hundreds ( thousands) of years ago when they became immortals.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    lol. Vampires don't work! They finished with that drudgery hundreds and hundreds ( thousands) of years ago when they became immortals.

The game still forces them to pay bills though, so they gotta make their money somehow. And not all of them are as ancient as one might think, some may have been turned quite recently and might still be quite poor. ;D

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

The game still forces them to pay bills though, so they gotta make their money somehow. And not all of them are as ancient as one might think, some may have been turned quite recently and might still be quite poor. ;D

Motherlode. * nods* Vampires need to feed, not make money and pay bills. lol
    That...is not true of every vampire. Sure, the ancient of the ancient or those created from or into well to do families/bloodlines, sure the cheats work for. But not every vampire will be hundreds of years old, and I doubt many, if any, are thousands of years. And even some that old still have no clue how to deal with money or anything material at all.

But primarily look at someone turned into a vampire yesterday, in a (nonexistent) alley in the city and abandoned. They suddenly have huge bankrolls and can quit whatever they'd done for a living til then? (Granted, many would quit, at least in the short term while trying to come to grips with what happened). The newer, often more modern breed are the ones likely to still do something for work (and I can see older ones taking up painting or music or something just to deal with the absolute boredom that comes with living forever.

Also, as stated earlier in the thread, the money cheats are easy, yes. But they are *too* easy. If you resort to them for everything, you quickly lose interest as a player. No challenges to overcome since you can just 'motherlode' everything away. I use them for households like Vlad or the noble vampires from the pack's trailer, yet I also still tend to have these have other ways to make money or, in Vlad's case, stay entertained. The nobles, their newest member is a doctor. The doctor who helped one give birth, actually.
    Then, the rebels vampires (also from the pack's trailer). They are basically flat broke, squatting in a mausoleum they broke into in the graveyard. Covered in graffiti, most of the furniture and decor is stuff they found on the side of the road or 'found' in stores that were 'mysteriously unlocked' when they went snooping around
    @kalaksed Well, in my game, newly turned vamps are called to go live with the master that turned them. They aren't just turned and abandoned. Their master chose them for a reason and takes them in. I just can't come to terms with a vampire lifestate holding down a desk job lol.

I resort to money cheats for everything. Every sim. Vamp or not. I lose interest as a player when I have to go through the humdrum existence of a daily job/routine. I live that irl, and I don't play the sims for that. We all play our own way.

It is, after all, a fantasy game, and not a life simulator like everyone seems to think. If it were, we wouldn't even have vamps, witches, werewolves, aliens, etc. Will Wright never meant it to be what it's turned in to with everything about family and real life. And dolls and babies.
    We all def play all on own way. ( no argument or judgement) And our motivations to play are probably different as well.

What do you think Will Wright meant in to be? @fullspiral

Since playing Sim Ant, Sim Bio, Sim City, and then of course TS1234, I assumed it to be all about creative control for the player.
    Encourage imagination. yadda yadda yadda.

I'm interested to hear your perspective.

Watch me play: