Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A sad goodbye for now

Comments

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I never bought into Sims 4. I wanted to wait and see how it turns out first before putting actual money into it. And I've been reading into each pack as they come, and I've gotta say I'm glad I never bought Sims 4. I likely won't ever. I can totally see if you bought the base that there'd be little room to turn back at that point and just hope it gets better before it gets so bad you finally decide to quit. That's always a tough situation to be in. There are a lot of simmers who feel the same way you and I do about Sims 4, and I think the company has really gone down hill after all the changes they've made to personnel and whatnot.

By the way, is it true Sims 4 will be the last Sims game? Personally, I'd like to see them get their heads out of their back ends and make a complete turnaround with a Sims 5.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't play The Sims 4, why are you on the TS4 discussion board? I don't mean this in a mean way at all, I'm just curious. I personally never got into The Sims 3; I saw the way it looked and immediately noped out. And I personally wouldn't see any benefit in going to the TS3 forums, since I don't play that game anyway. So I'm just wondering about this. :)
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I never bought into Sims 4. I wanted to wait and see how it turns out first before putting actual money into it. And I've been reading into each pack as they come, and I've gotta say I'm glad I never bought Sims 4. I likely won't ever. I can totally see if you bought the base that there'd be little room to turn back at that point and just hope it gets better before it gets so bad you finally decide to quit. That's always a tough situation to be in. There are a lot of simmers who feel the same way you and I do about Sims 4, and I think the company has really gone down hill after all the changes they've made to personnel and whatnot.

By the way, is it true Sims 4 will be the last Sims game? Personally, I'd like to see them get their heads out of their back ends and make a complete turnaround with a Sims 5.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't play The Sims 4, why are you on the TS4 discussion board? I don't mean this in a mean way at all, I'm just curious. I personally never got into The Sims 3; I saw the way it looked and immediately noped out. And I personally wouldn't see any benefit in going to the TS3 forums, since I don't play that game anyway. So I'm just wondering about this. :)

I can’t answer for the OP, but for me, even though I don’t play TS4 at this time, I regularly visit the TS4 forums to keep up on the latest developments in hope that something will grab my interests and draw me back to the game. However, I don’t have much hope it will. :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I can’t answer for the OP, but for me, even though I don’t play TS4 at this time, I regularly visit the TS4 forums to keep up on the latest developments in hope that something will grab my interests and draw me back to the game. However, I don’t have much hope it will. :(

Ah okay that does make sense, thank you for answering! :blush: I guess that in my case I also never felt any need to play TS3 because I still enjoyed playing The Sims 2 way too much to abandon it for a new game. I actually only switched to TS4 about halfway through 2017 even though I bought it way back in 2014. Until that time, I happily played The Sims 2.

From what I've read on the forums (and YouTube comments, though I would never recommend anyone to ever read YT comments lol) I get the sense that there are some people who really only seem to wish for things from TS3 to reappear in TS4. That basically, they only want an improved version of TS3. I think that those people are more similar to the way I was; they still love TS3 a lot and don't think TS4 is worth abandoning TS3 for. In that case, I would just continue to play TS3 honestly. I believe that in the end, that would bring them a lot more joy than to dwell on TS4 forums hating the game. I mean, I played The Sims 2 for more than a decade before I even felt the need to switch to another game, so hey. :lol: But I do get that it must be frustrating to feel so let down by EA/Maxis and see a game you once loved go to ruins, even if I don't feel that way myself, and that you'd check the forums hoping against hope for something to draw you back. I really hope that you will be able to enjoy The Sims 4 one day!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    good bye
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    edited October 2017
    if you don't play The Sims 4, why are you on the TS4 discussion board?
    Its one of the places where I catch up on Sims 4. Its one thing to look at what the content is on other websites, but other opinions are also helpful to me in deciding for myself whether or not to buy it.

Basically, I lurk here a lot. lol
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I feel your pain OP. I was ready to quit but then toddlers came out. They are still my favorite life stage at this point because they have more personality than any of my adults and they keep me playing. My biggest issue isn't even the lack of personality. It's that we were promised just the opposite when the game was in development. What our Sims did in their younger years was going to have a lasting effect on their lives. They would have REAL emotions and those emotions would have real consequences. We were promised so much and I was so excited for Sims 4. When it finally dropped I was devastated that all those promises became nothing more than momentary emotional outbursts that affected nothing in the long term. I still play and enjoy it but I will always feel like we were very let down by EA. And I agree that the game play is far too safe. It reminds me of an old saying, "If you're very careful nothing good or bad will ever happen to you." That kind of sums up Sims 4 right now. I hope that improves before this version of the series ends.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Sorry you came to this. I dont know to me happiness is a choice and if you cant choose to be happy with the game go to the game you choose to be happy with.
  • SaviourofpotatoesSaviourofpotatoes Posts: 111 Member
    I hope you continue to play the Sims, no matter which one it may be! I had a huge break from Sims, so when I came back I had skipped 3 and went straight for 4 and unfortunately was really disappointed - still didn't stop me getting a lot of hours in - mods helped me a lot but I agree with several people throughout this discussion in regards to the personality thing which led me to only playing an hour here and there. I've just started Sims 3, having only bought a few expansions, and I'm hooked; I have to be told by my partner that it's time to get off the game haha. Needless to say, I shall be switching to 4 here and there because I love the look of it but chances are my sims personality will send me straight back to 3. Here's hoping that they start adding some personality in their updates/future packs, but I doubt I'll be buying cats and dogs until get an itch for 4 again.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I understand your disappointment. I am just now starting to appreciate Sims 4 after I had quit playing for a long time. It took awhile and I think there are things they still need to do to make it better. I now play both Sims 3 and Sims 4. I think of them as two completely different games and my gameplay is vastly different on each. Separating them has increased my enjoyment of both games.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Hmm with Cats & Dogs just around the corner ?

Lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    LesboKnope wrote: »
    We have Halloween though, there's a whole SP for it and I don't think Halloween was called Halloween in ts3 either, wasn't it something along the lines of spooky day then too? Also, you are allowed to leave ts4 for whatever reason you like, but burglars being excluded because of people's real life experiences and such are people on the forums speculating. It's not fair to spread those reasons behind features not being in the game as an absolute reason.

Spooky Day came with Seasons in TS3. However look at this store link. http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?catalogId=10143&categoryId=&scategoryId=12082&pcategoryId=12858&ppcategoryId=12082

It might have been only five or 6 items but there was free Halloween content each year.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Cya, have fun with TS2 and 3.
    xo0yscju
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I understand, OP. I loaded Sims 4 today for the first time since August. I ended up just sitting there doing nothing. Remembered why I stopped playing. It sort of makes me sad but oh well. I gave it a good try. I tried to play this game for 3 years. I went through my ups and downs. There are other games to play and other things to do in life! I still hang out on the forums hoping to hear some good news but even that is slowly getting less and less. I hope something eventually gets added that brings you back. Til then, so long!
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    At least there is still ts2 & 3 right?
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I know some people say that if we don’t like the game we can just move on, which is true. But I only play TS, I don’t really enjoy any other video games, and I understand how frustrating and upsetting it can be to feel like your favorite game isn’t meeting the expectations. I understand the OP and I hope 2018 will be a better year. Still you should check out the sims cats and dogs gameplays once it comes out, maybe you will enjoy it and might want to play it again.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • KriltKrilt Posts: 6 New Member
    > @duhboy2u2 said:
    > I've been trying to love Sims 4 like I've loved the three predecessors but I just can't make it happen. I'm truly glad and very excited for everyone who is getting everything they want out of this version of our beloved little pixel people.
    >
    > I just feel like its been sanitized to the point of no fun anymore. No Halloween because it wasn't culturally inclusive of the places where its not celebrated, no Day of the Dead because its racially insensitive to include cultural references that aren't 100% accurate, no burglars because crime can not exist in our world of fake people, no challenge to keep sims alive anymore because it is not believed that we have the skill as players to play if its not super easy. (walked away with the game playing for 8 hours and came back to see...promotions, a students and everyone alive and well without me playing...)
    >
    > The Diwali celebration sounds fun, so of course, it'll be nixed next year when its discovered that it lacks 100% factual account of the celebration too.
    >
    > Anyway, this is more long winded than I intended so I'll just say, for now I think I'm done throwing my money at this game that gets more and more sanitized and just plain flavorless as time goes on. My sims, while emotional wrecks, have no personality this version of the game and they just make me too sad to play.
    >
    > So for those of you having a grand time, I wish you luck, love and happiness and hope you continue to enjoy the game. I sincerely wish I still had that happy feeling to play it. For now, I'll stick with 2 and 3 I guess. They both have their issues in abundance, but they still feel like they have character and style to me.

Wish you good luck, I'm the one who do love the Sims 4 cause I feel the drag the mouse does help shape your Sim really nicely.
    An make them have nice proportions while morphing their bodies. An the cc at times help with the look all around. I do wish you luck,
    I never felt strongly about games I felt like I didn't like. That's why I think long and hard about it when I see the trailers. For me it's my
    type of style and plus I love to get with the new times at that. Again good luck and hope your love for the other sims games will never
    burn out. :-)
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    ... no burglars because crime can not exist in our world of fake people, no challenge to keep sims alive anymore because it is not believed that we have the skill as players to play if its not super easy. (walked away with the game playing for 8 hours and came back to see...promotions, a students and everyone alive and well without me playing...)

For now, I'll stick with 2 and 3 I guess.

Vampires do break in and drink your sims from time to time and you can make a klepto group and see how many things get stolen. When I have poor sims and they have no money to pay bills I activate the group at the museum and let them steal something and sell it when they get home. Or they use the wishing well - I love the blackmail option the well gives my mean sims. Those are more interesting than using the cheats.

Also one of my sims had an art shop and I used to see klepto sims steal paintings off the wall. They reappeared in the household inventory thankfully.

As for taking care of themselves, my sims seem to wait till I walk away to start fires or go swimming when they are ready to pass out. Or the vampires without sun resistance would go outside and burn up. I have also lost sims due to embarrassment, laughter and once I made Mr Fyres' wife cheat on him repeatedly right in front his face and he died of anger - that one really shocked me.

I also miss Sims 3 but my pc can't handle it.

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I've also left some time ago. It's probably been a year since I played.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    I really think vampires have more to offer in TS4 - there are three vampire related lifetime aspirations to achieve and being a vampire and getting powers and using them and having to choose weaknesses is cool.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Because Maxis and EA decided we all should get along and all be on one big forum. I stopped playing TS4 for several reasons (one being Origin) however, I'm still interested in what happens to TS4 since I did like Vampires and Dine Out. I liked some of TS3 EPs, but agree it was not as likeable as TS2 for me. But when they closed the TS2 site in 2011 I had no where else to go but the TS3 site to talk about Sims with people interested in The Sims series. Now, we are altogether as one big family, it works the same as one big family..we fight, we argue, we disagree, but we all love the series, and hope for bigger and better in future games. Without input from veteran players they may forget how important something is to us, and or just ignore us completely the next time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I hope you enjoy whatever game you end up playing :)
    ((HUGZ )) Do have fun because life is too short not to enjoy it.

I have to say, so many times on this forum I see people saying how venomous the community is and yet this post by the op has been pretty well received. On the WoW forums if someone posts that they are leaving and gives feedback about why they are leaving people rage on at them.

I like the sims community as a whole :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.