Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nature Adventures/ Treasure Hunting Gampack (or the new GP... that works too)

isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Treasure Hunting/ Nature Adventures- (way too many details already but add your own ideas too!)

-Discover Untold Treasures- Send your sims out searching for collectables, use a metal detector to find treasures, pan for gold, solve puzzles, even uncover legendary items with magical properties! Building your sim's History skill will help them find rarer items, and unlock historical costumes! Be wary of new accidents and dangers to your sim including bat attacks, snake bites, wounds, sprained ankles, and more!

-Explore Exciting New Locations- Find your way into Spelunker's Den and explore the underground cavern, search for collectables, or play a round of cards at the bar. Travel to the Outback Bluffs, walk about the grassy plains and dry canyons on the hunt for treasure, or enjoy a relaxing night under the vibrant stars! Send your sims to the Forgotten Jungle, where they can discover artifacts among ancient ruins and face dangers under the lush green canopy! Face new obstacles: push your way through bush thickets, cross unstable bridges, scale up cliffs, and wade through creeks to find hidden areas in these spectacular new locations!

-Create the Perfect Hideout- New build mode assets let you style your sim's home (or community lot) into a cave, rustic shack, or tree-house! Use new ladders, trap doors, and drop-down stair cases to move around the house efficiently or keep rooms well hidden. Make your sims the perfect secret lair, romantic getaway, or a cozy new Lodge lot type and fill it with display cases to show off your sim's treasures!

New Locations/World-
  • Spelunker's Den- Cavern/cave neighborhood area styled similar to the Forgotten Grotto location, one empty lot, one public Bar lot (cantina style, no walls or roof), hidden paths/nooks on the sides, a lot of ferns, moss, and waterfalls.
  • Outback Bluffs- Edge of dry grass plains, cliff/canyon terrain, Australia country. One residential lot (shack/trailer with cellar), one generic community lot (swimming hole/cave styled pool) , one lodge lot. Rocky overhangs, small canyons to explore, open plain area.
  • Forgotten Jungle- Vibrant towering rainforest trees, flowers, bird and animal effects, with small clearings between the massive green trees and many hidden paths under the canopy, a large waterfall/river on the edge. One medium residential lot (tree house/fort), one small empty lot in a clearing, one small residential lot on a dock/pier on the river (shack/lodge).

New Lot Type-
Lodge- A Lodge, placed in any world, will serve as a communal meeting and boarding house! Sims can visit to rest, replenish, grab a meal, visit with other guests, and spend the night. Requires beds, dining table/chairs, kitchen, bathroom, etc.

New Skill-
History- Similar to the vampire-lore skill, sims can build this skill through reading, collecting, watching tv, researching on the computer, analyzing collectables, viewing art, and more. They'll unlock new interactions, learn where to find valuable treasure, and even discover new recipes! (15 skill levels)

New NPCs-
-Adventurer- Similar to tourist NPCs in CL, Adventurers will appear in the three new locations and at any Lodge lot, non-Adventurer NPC sims will be unlikely to appear in these areas unless invited or hired.
-Genie- [If not added as a fleshed out, customizable Lifestate in another EP] Will grant your sim three wishes, similar to the wishing well (Romantic Garden SP) and can be freed, which will also take away the genie's powers.

New Objects-
  • Creek- Place a Creek object on any lot or find them in the new locations and your sims can fish, look for frogs, rinse themselves off to satisfy their hygiene need, pan for metal collectables, wade through to the other side, get a drink, and play in the water! [Similar in design and function to placeable pond objects from the base game, but longer, more narrow and flowing, with new/more animations and interactions, Normal, Desert, and Rock versions/variations, new club activity]
  • Puzzle Tablet- This new object placed on a table surface or wall, can be placed on lots or found around the new worlds, selecting it will let sims (using the logic skill) attempt to solve the puzzle. Successfully solving the tablet will unlock nearby doors or reward your sim with a treasure map or collectable. [Its probably not possible but a UI mini game to solve the puzzles would be awesome!]
  • Metal Detector- Place the Metal Detector object in a sim's home or inventory to begin scanning the neighborhood for metals, gems, and more! Once they locate an collectable or piece of junk, they'll dig it up and add it to their inventory! Certain neighborhoods have special or rare collectables! [Random or location-specific collectable will be added to active sims inventory after interaction is complete, new club activity]
  • Expedition Gear- This can be placed on any table surface or put in a sims inventory to take with them on the go. Use the Expedition Gear object to send your sims searching for collectables, analyze fossils and artifacts, study the map to build the History skill, store treasure maps, use the radio to communicate with other sims or tune into a music channel, fix up any injuries with the first aid kit, and light a flare (fireworks animation) to attract Adventurer NPCs!
  • Duffle Bags, Suitcases- Purchase a Duffle Bag or Suitcase to store objects from your sim's inventory. Place them in your sims home, or in their inventory to access items when needed! [Similar function to trick or treat challenge chests, but able to place in sims inventory]
  • Picnic Basket- A Picnic Basket object can be placed in a sims inventory, store up to three meals, and placed in the world on picnic tables or the ground. Select the placed Picnic Basket to set up the blanket and food, then enjoy with up to six sims of any age! [Meals will be stored similar to packed lunches (from Parenthood GP) and the object can be placed outside of lots like similar objects, sims can multitask while using]
  • Hammock- Choose from a few variations and let sims sleep, relax, or woohoo in comfort under the stars or in a cozy loft!
  • Sleeping Bag- Having a Sleeping Bag object in your sims inventory will let them have a comfy rest wherever they are be it under the stars or at a slumber party!
  • Display Cases- Show off your sims collections in fancy displays and collection specific shelves to save time. Have your sims admire or brag about their possession to other sims! Place in a community lot and your sim will receive money for placing/donating a collectable.
  • Tree (functional object)- Place this tree anywhere outside and sims can interact with it: carve initials with a romantic interest, relax in the shade, hug it, children and teens can climb it to build he fitness and motor skills, attach a rope/tire swing to play on, etc. (And cats can climb up and get stuck until a sim coaxes them down) Can be chopped down (with fitness skill level 5) and collected for wood (added to inventory to add to fires or use in woodworking) while raising the fitness skill.
  • Brush Thicket- Located in new locations, or as an unfriendly gateway to any home or garden, sims will have to fight their way through the branches/thorns to the access areas on the other side or get tangled and scratched up! [Similar in design and function to the hidden lot entrance bushes added in OR and GT, divides hidden areas/nooks in new neighborhoods, sims will reappear on the other side]

New Collections-
  • Artifacts- Discover unique ancient objects to decorate any house or museum: multiple swatches of spearheads, darts, pottery, totems, rugs, tools, masks, and sculptures. [also from other expansions... ancient looking and solid gold place settings (w/ Parenthood GP), ancient/woven patterned yoga mat (w/Spa GP), ancient Don't Wake the Llama game (w/get together EP), etc.] Sims can use a treasure map to dig for a chance to find one of these as they would to find a time capsule/figurines.
  • Relics- Difficult to find, each item in this collection has a different interaction/function, based on mythical/legendary items: Genie Lamp (will make a genie NPC appear to grant three wishing-well style wishes), Translation Stone (like the Rosetta Stone, will provide social boosts and new social interactions), a Magic Mirror (like in TS3, provides social fulfillment), the Golden Skull of Jumbok (from TS2, provides environment/mood/need boost), or other special objects, books, jewelry, voodoo dolls, etc. that provide unique boosts/gameplay. [also from other expansions... ancient sarcophagus coffin (w/vampire GP), antique bubble blower (w/city living EP), ancient fire brazer/fire pit (with outdoor retreat GP) etc.]

New Recipes-
-Jerky/ Fruit Jerky- Dried food, will not spoil, made at stove.
-Trail Mix- Will not spoil, made at refrigerator/counter top.
-MRE- Order using a computer, and unpack to get a poor quality meal that won't spoil.

New Danger/Accident Effects- (Debug spawner objects + located around world)
  • Bat Attack- A bat will attack a sim, batting their head, while the sim tries to bat it away.
  • Bee/Bug Attack- A bee/bug swarm, sims will wave their arms frantically and run.
  • Snake Bite- A coiled snake will bite a sim, then disappear. Sims will begin to get sick.
  • Falling Rock/Branch- In new cave and rainforest locations, and can occur under tree objects, rocks or branches may fall on a sim's head, knocking them out or leaving them dazed.
  • Sprained Ankle- Wading through a creak, jogging, climbing, etc. can result in injury for your sim (especially sims with the clumsy trait) giving them a new walk style.
  • Wound- While fighting, cooking, falling (from tree, ladder, trapdoor, bridge), and more, sims have a chance to receive a negative moodlet which will make fulfilling needs more difficult, and disallow certain interactions with sims or objects.
  • Death by Falling- Sims can fall from certain objects, and if already wounded or depleted of needs, falling can lead to a visit from the grim reaper!

New Build Assets-
  • -Rock/stone flooring, wall decorations, columns, archway, stairs, friezes, foundation, trims, decals, railings, and rock formation deco objects (+stalactites and stalagmites, and a lava textured pool water option) will help you make a perfect looking underground cave, open aired grotto, or give a earthy vibe to a modern home!
  • -Wood/Metal rustic staircases, paneling, rails, slatted doors, windows, shutters, wall patterns, roofing, and other assets help make the perfect shanty treehouse or irksome shack.
  • -Ladders (with Vine, Rock/Cliff, and Rope variants) will make going up and down floors easier for sims. They will adjust to the wall height/foundation. Exhausted, dazed, or clumsy sims may fall to bottom while using.
  • -Trapdoors can be added to the top of a ladder to function as a door, or be placed anywhere with open space in the room below them, and triggered to let unsuspecting sims take a surprise drop to the floor below!
  • -Drop-down Stairs will save space in a home, provide easy access to an attic, or prevent visitors from going where they aren't welcome. When folded up, sims can walk under them, when down, sims use them as normal stairs to access higher or lower floors.
  • -Tree Columns/Objects will support upper floors, with different heights and styles to choose from. Larger than normal columns, "flattened" out on top to add floor/platform.
  • -Metal Grid +Wood Slats Floor Decals- Similar to the glass dance floors from GT, steel grid and wooden slats, sims can walk on but room below is visible, multiple sizes and swatches.
  • -Bridges- New wooden rope bridge (concave), stone arching bridge (convex), and fallen log bridge (flat) objects will let sims walk between adjacent foundations, upper floors, and open-air basement ledges. Choose from 2x4, 2x6, or 2x8 sizes. Bridges can break, causing sims to fall to the floor below, and must then be repaired (improving the handiness skill) before they can be crossed again.

CAS-
-New Traits- Treasure Hunter (find collectables more often and trade collectables with other Treasure Hunter sims), Tough (wins fights more often, sleep and fun needs decay slower)
-Hairstyles/Hats- New pinned back hair and roughed up hairstyles and beards, completed with bandanas and safari hats.
-Clothing/Outfits- New jackets, cargo pants, safari shorts, and adventurous styled outfits. Unlock-able historic costumes. Unlock-able jewelry, masks, etc.
-Accessories- Small backpacks, jackets tied around waists, and neck scarves that can be added to most any outfit.

New Social Interactions-
-Show off Item to... (Show a collectable in a sims inventory or placed in the world to another sim)
-Play Hide and Seek with... (Play hide and seek inside or out in any neighborhood area, between 2 and 8 sims can play at a time, sims will run off and duck or hide in certain objects, new club activity, builds relationships between sims)
-Share Adventure Stories
-Trade Collectable (with the Treasure Hunter trait)
-Box- A friendly way to build the athletic skill, make a small bet, and work off negative emotions! (Recycling animations from base game, new club activity)
-Walk/Hike With... -Sims will walk side by side (just like they can walk with dogs in upcoming EP) look at their surroundings, and have most social interactions available.

New Lot Traits-
-Treasure Trove- Find more uncommon and rare collectables.
-Rough and Wild- Plants will grow faster, accidents will occur more often, objects break more easily and get dirty faster, electricity and plumbing are non-functional.
-Secluded- Cell phones, computer interactions, and televisions won't (fully) function on this lot.
Post edited by isaiahzay on

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    These are some really great ideas. Let's hope they make an Adventure Pack soon. ;)
  • Options
    lucyajoneslucyajones Posts: 31 Member
    awesome...........
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Oh! I like these ideas. When I got bored of day to day life in Sims 3, I would send them exploring in the places from World Adventures, and this sounds a little like it, with new destinations. Puzzles are fun, and I'd love to make treasure hunter sims! It could also bring some new items to already existing collections, too. I also really like the idea of the Genie coming back and the History skill, which could even unlock access to some hidden lots by letting you see trap doors or something. Plus, I like the build assets you're suggesting: ladders and such could be used for so many things.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'd love this idea to become an actual Game Pack! We need more adventurous stuff in TS4!
    Also tomb exploring and finding treasures would be awesome
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    I like everything but the Genie. I want supes in their own GPs so they can be fleshed out, not shoved into another pack with other stuff where they will be a fraction of what they could be. I have suggested a MAGIC pack that will allow us to create and magical creature we want, witches, wizards, genes, fairies, etc.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I like everything but the Genie. I want supes in their own GPs so they can be fleshed out, not shoved into another pack with other stuff where they will be a fraction of what they could be. I have suggested a MAGIC pack that will allow us to create and magical creature we want, witches, wizards, genes, fairies, etc.

I would actually like to see genies fleshed out too, even a Genie Lamp collection with each lamp summoning a unique genie each with their own appearance, personality, and powers. But if we don't get that, or the ability to make them in CAS, then I hope we at least get a basic NPC version (like the "plant sims" added in that update :/ )
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Yeah it makes more sense for genies to come in a magic pack and then we could get a fleshed out magic system.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    isaiahzay wrote: »

I would actually like to see genies fleshed out too, even a Genie Lamp collection with each lamp summoning a unique genie each with their own appearance, personality, and powers. But if we don't get that, or the ability to make them in CAS, then I hope we at least get a basic NPC version (like the "plant sims" added in that update :/ )

If Genies came in a Magic Pack with other magical creatures, then you could chose your Genies lamp yourself from buy mode like we do for vampires and coffins. There could be a few different styles and versions, shabby to bejeweled that you could earn as your Genie grows in power and strength.

Edited for spelling.
    Post edited by Dannydanbo on
  • Options
    TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    edited October 2017
    Will there be any outhouses or outdoor showers in this adventure pack? It should be suitable for lots with the rough and wild and secluded lot traits. How about private antennas for those lots with secluded lot traits.
  • Options
    Will there be any outhouses or outdoor showers in this adventure pack? It should be suitable for lots with the rough and wild and secluded lot traits. How about private antennas for those lots with secluded lot traits.

We have the pee bush already and a portable toilet that came with OR.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    [*]Puzzle Tablet- This new object placed on a table surface or wall, can be placed on lots or found around the new worlds, selecting it will let sims (using the logic skill) attempt to solve the puzzle. Successfully solving the tablet will unlock nearby doors or reward your sim with a treasure map or collectable. [Its probably not possible but a UI mini game to solve the puzzles would be awesome!]
    Would love to see a puzzle mini-game. Was just thinking today about how some of my favorite games of all time (like Zelda: Ocarina of Time) are games with puzzles in them. There's just something really satisfying about working them out.

Granted, like you're saying, I dunno how the heck they'd do it in this game. But it's something I'm enthused about at the thought of seeing.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Other Ideas-?
    Botany Skill + Dangerous Plants- Build up your sims Botany skill (5 skill levels) to unlock new gardening interactions, create plant extracts (to make your sims drink or slip into another sim's food or drink for powerful effects) and care for new dangerous plants! Discover new species related to the CowPlant, and learn new ways to interact with the botanical beasts!

Other Expansions-
    -New club activities- Play in Creek, Use Metal Detector, Go on Walk/Hike, Study Artifacts, etc.
    -Interactions for Pets in creek/nature objects
    -Outdoor Retreat insects in new locations?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    This would fit nicely into the princess Cordelia mythos. Remember, her boyfriends were pirates! I wonder how many sunken pirate ships there are, and where they buried their treasure?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Heck yes!!! This reminds me of both Castaway and World Adventures which was one of my all time favorite packs. I really hope they add this, I would play the heck out of this. I want real adventure!!
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Gecko420 wrote: »
    Heck yes!!! This reminds me of both Castaway and World Adventures which was one of my all time favorite packs. I really hope they add this, I would play the heck out of this. I want real adventure!!

I loved WA. I would really like some type of adventure for my sims to do.
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I love these! Also here are some ideas from me: Growing Insect eating plants, Scuba diving, Building sandcastles, etc
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Omg this sounds like the new Game Pack releasing this quarter!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Is it true?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Is it true?

Looks like it but it's probably more of a WA Type of GP then a lot of the stuff mentioned here.
  • Options
    What is a WA?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    What is a WA?

World Adventures some people loved it, some people hated it.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    hepe1977hepe1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Awesome.
  • Options
    ok thank you
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Wow, the OP was v on the money with this one. :D
  • Options
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    Wow, the OP was v on the money with this one. :D

We've seen only a few seconds of the actual pack. No one knows for sure what's in it yet. The OP could be all wrong, but I hope not.