Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you prepare your Sims for Cats & Dogs?

One of my Sims has been a Vampire for almost 100 sim years and has led a criminal life most of that time. But now he decided to turn his life around and is studying to become a veterinarian.

3NVAduJ.jpg
pNDiJEw.jpg
gYBPiIh.jpg
oZ0nwWs.jpg

For now he is practicing his vet skills on his poor Cowlpant Eugene, until Cats & Dogs is released. :D

wv1uYos.jpg

Comments

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    At the moment I am playing an 8 sim household. So that means my prep is trying to kill off my elders so I can add a pet! LOL Poor Granny just wants peace in her golden years but the evil sim gods just won't let her be! >:)
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    One of my regular households has been waiting all this time to be reunited with their family cat. This is my "opposites" brother household so in the meantime they are causing mischief around town. I've been playing them for a while now. There are 4 in the household at the moment so I will try not to add too many more sims to the house and leave a space for the cat when he comes. I would like to continue with the save and add the cat rather than start a fresh save with the cat.
  • Options
    Lucy1213Lucy1213 Posts: 28 Member
    One of my households has just given birth to a beautiful daughter now a toddler
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I havent even had the time to play with toddlers yet.. its such a shame. it was my most wanted feature and i couldnt play since.. SO yeah, i have to go through parenthood first and when the kids grow up I will let them explore city life and live in an apartment trying to figure out what they want with a cat or dog in the apartment. Should be fun.

I think i will also take a goofy playful dog in the current household, cause animals and toddlers.. thats just too cute!
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I already moved out my next heiress and I'm pretending she's in college studying to be a vet :D The things you have to do when there's no uni EP.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    All but 3 of my households are maxed out, so I need to get some teens grown up & moved out. I only just found out about the household limit, otherwise I would have accounted for that when I decided to overbreed my sims.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    my simself is ready to have a puppy and my legacy challenge family is ready to have a new part of the family plus my vampire is ready to have a pet or maybe a lot more pets
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Honestly I'm just not playing my legacy save until the EP comes out. Right now all 3 of my households have at least one toddler in them and I really don't want them to grow up before the EP comes, I really want to see the cute toddler and pet animations :3
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Kill all the townies to make space :smile:
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Oh man! I'm so excited for this expansion. I've been thinking a lot about the type of pet(s) my current family would want to have, and they're definitely big dog types since they love the outdoors and make a habit of taking vacation days to go camping pretty frequently. I doubt they'd get a cat, so I might just give them 2-3 dogs to make up for it and keep the cat for when my next generation grows up.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No idea. I am hoping they expand on the herbalism skill for making dog and cat food, or vet things. I want my sim to be a level 10 gardener in case she uses that skill for those things too.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I know few of the many households I play will have a cat or dog, but I will continue on with my rotation and go from there. Sure wish birds were added. Anyway, not sure who will be the Vet. Maybe Jasmine (disney) Oh! I can make her a mini Rajah! :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Well, my main household just had another child who is a wild toddler, which left one spot open in the home for a fuzzy....and then the father got abducted and I'm finally, FINALLY experiencing my very first Alien impregnation and I'm SO happy about it, but the timing really rots, hahaha. I guess the eldest teen will finally move to the city with a bunch of friends in a tiny apartment. Maybe they'll adopt a stray, while back at home the family will finally have room for a fluffy face. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    One of my Sims has been a Vampire for almost 100 sim years and has led a criminal life most of that time. But now he decided to turn his life around and is studying to become a veterinarian.

3NVAduJ.jpg
    pNDiJEw.jpg
    gYBPiIh.jpg
    oZ0nwWs.jpg

For now he is practicing his vet skills on his poor Cowlpant Eugene, until Cats & Dogs is released. :D

wv1uYos.jpg

Oh this is just too cute! :D
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    The kids in my family are growing up, the oldest one is actually already YA. The parents need something new to do now that they don't have to care for small children anymore, which is why they're thinking about getting a dog.

Meanwhile, the oldest one is moving out and is feeling a bit lonely without parents and siblings in her new place, which is why she might get a cat.
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    I can't wait until this comes out!!! It is my birthday this month so the money from my family will be coming in. So that will be my present to myself. Then I need to figure out which pack I want after that. I have get to work, city living, spooky stuff so far.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My Sim family (in my avatar) is ready for a fresh start after the death of their teen daughter. I'm going to move them into the new world. & I'll have the mom try the vet career & I plan on having them adopt a dog & maybe find a stray to adopt. Super excited to play this family again. I've been holding off playing them, since there's only 3 weeks left until the EP is released.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    ccarrig_95 wrote: »
    I can't wait until this comes out!!! It is my birthday this month so the money from my family will be coming in. So that will be my present to myself. Then I need to figure out which pack I want after that. I have get to work, city living, spooky stuff so far.

You should get "get together" EP the club system is amazing. I've made one of my stay at home sim a baking club. She just upgraded to a huge kitchen, all the sims I'm her club come over bake and chat. Her son in law owns a "we are evil" club they are infamous and go around swiping items and being mean. They take the cookies and cakes baked for there club meeting or he gives them to his sister in law to sell . Then his daughter(teen) was in the "pretty little princess" club where she pampered by a bunch of male teen sims.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I've got loads planned out!
    When the Cats & Dogs trailer came out, i had two families in San Myshuno. A rich family with two daughters, Jane and Daisy (Jane is everyones favourite, but a little bit bratty, Daisy is less loved, but sweet and kind... i know, the story is quite unoriginal, but very FUN!) and a simple family with one son David (also loved by everyone in the city since he's the most positive little sunshine ever). So when i saw the trailer i got excited and immediately decided that the younger girl and the boy should get married when they grow up, move to Brindleton Bay, adopt a kitten, puppy, find a lost baby fox in the woods which they would tame, give birth to two twin daughters and adopt a boy which they will notice living on the streets with a few stray cats. I've already got to Davids proposal to Daisy and now i got no choice but to wait a whole month till the EP comes out... boy is it hard.
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I’ve moved my family into a really nice new home, I've got two toddlers awaiting the sims cats and dogs. I don’t want to age them up until they release. I’m using the road the fame mod a lot to occupy my time haha. It’s really fun to use.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    My single self sim has just moved into a small, one bed home. She's collecting lots of items to fill her new home in BB.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    alimafionalimafion Posts: 81 Member
    edited October 2017
    I’ve remade some of my sims 3 characters in the Sims 4. There’s Caterina (aspiring detective) and Robert (aspiring doctor) who are both teenagers just now. They’re best friends despite their families hating each other, they are going to fall in love and get engaged but one of Roberts old love interests is going to come back on the scene (Luna Villareal) and he is going to leave Caterina at the alter for Luna, little does Robert know Caterina is preggo with his kid. Caterina’s parents will then die in a house fire leaving her with a large sum of money which she will use to move away and start a new life in Brindleton Bay, she’ll become neighbours and friends with Brant and Brent Hecking and will try fix her life, raise her child as well as adopting with some pets.

I have a lot of work to do before the 10th of November :lol:
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Since I'm one of those folks that plans and plays with whole towns, I've been putting together a list of what pets each family will have along with the breeds a traits of each. I...might be a little too excited.

But for mine and my fiancé's Simself family I have just enough room to squeeze in our two IRL dogs...as well as a cat that I would be allergic to IRL lol.
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm trying to hurry up my current family, I want to get the son finding a girlfriend and moving out as soon as possible. This way I can have a clean slate to welcome an adorable puppy!
  • Options
    may151997may151997 Posts: 209 Member
    I have a married couple who would love to add a German Shepherd or Belgian Malinois to their family before they have children. The woman is in the detective career, and the man is in the secret agent career. Since I have to wait to continue their story, I've been playing Sims 2. Although, LemDoodle's town plan sounds like a great idea.